(Close Window)
Topic: Vegas magic star
Vegas Magic Star... the search for the next big magician in Vegas..
Well this star search just super nova'd into a big bunch of nothing!

They are now offering everyone their money back and have postponed the event.

Ok.. fine.. I guess... Glad to get my money back..
But I am sure not getting back my original magic routines that I just shared with everyone involved with this thing.
I don't care too much for that.

But what really bothers me is this...
[quote]Due to the current economy the VEGAS MAGIC STAR live broadcast has been postponed.
[/quote]
That's a bunch cr@p!
Don't blame this on the economy.
First, if we can pay $4 a gallon for gas, you can put on this broadcast.
Second, I am still working even with this economy.
Third, we don't need anything else helping the economy go down.
We should all be going out of our way to make it better.
And one way would be to put this broadcast on in spite of the economy.

This angers me!!

Randi
I thought this seemed funny!
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=263273&forum=7
Hey Randi, I'm with you on the fact that they shouldn't blame the economy. That's appears to be a politicly correct way to get out of things the easy way considering the present economy is on everyones mind. "Hey, let's blame the economy, they'll buy that, suckers)".
Anyway, have you any idea how many people (performers) were booked? Along with that, do you have any idea of the quality of the performers? Maybe between the two factors, they made a tough decision. But, that's no excuse to make a lame claim.
Another item I noticed in your post was they "postponed" the event. Did they give any indication of a new date, if not it was more likely cancelled, not postponed.
My thoughts anyway.
Any thoughts from the folks that had anything to do with the event?
I agree Randi. Just be honest and say we've had organizations problems or whatever. The economy has nothing to do with it.

Concerning sharing your original routines with everyone; life is about taking chances. You bravely took a chance. I believe people who take chances like this are already "stars." Keep it up.
Your routines are worth a lot more than $10! They got a good deal :)
I'm sorry they ripped you off!
They are giving the money back...
So in my mind postponed equals cancelled.

The economy is just an excuse for poor organization.
It was done poorly from the start.

For example...
They tell you to upload your routines and the file could be up to like 300mb.
That's a huge video file!!
So you figure.. they want to see your stuff.
So I entered a video that had 3 of my routines on it, and it was well under 300mb.
When I get to the uploading page... and I mean the "upLOADING" not the upload...
It says keep the video under 7 minutes.
What? Too late now!! I am already uploading!!

Any way...
If you ever see anyone doing a hedgehog roulette, an orange tree illusion that turns into a Little Shop of Horrors plant, or a light bulbs from mouth that just blows your mind...
They ripped me off!!

Randi
Hmmm....

Maybe too many magicians were already booked for AGT???

OR

Maybe they couldn't find enough plants ...err I mean....ringers.... err I mean magicians who have already been Vegas headliners, been on national TV specials, to pretend to be folks looking to be discovered.
I recieved email also, that says my money will be returned.Talked to a friend of mine the other day, that has performed on the show.He said that the show went from an A show to a C show.that most of the professionals that use to be afilliated with the show are'nt any more, but that they still use their promo pics on their web site. Hmm.

Michael
Magicdoctor,

If you are talking about Worlds Greatest, first our show is indirectly linked to this project. Second I would have to disagree with you on the A to C show statement. Our numbers have never been higher and as for the cast it is as good as it ever was. Jeff Hobson and Joseph Gabriel both original cast members are still in the show. Losander, Roy Shank, and myself have all been in the show for the past 3 years on and off. Dan Sperry has been in for at least 2 years. True, several performers have left the show to move on to do their own thing partially because the WGM spotlight gave them that chance. The pictures on the website show the various performers who have been in the show not only the current cast. Some were in for a week, others years. Since the show rotates the cast, some performers come back in after being absent for a long periods of time.

Jason Baney
Randi,
I assume you have a video of your whole act. Get a copyright on the performance of it. It is not very expensive. Then at least you will have it clearly documented what is yours. Copyright is one of the easiest protections to enforce.

As for the whole star thing here, Tony Clark is a great guy and on the up and up. I think he had a concept that he thought he could market. With the economy as it is and Vegas eliminating the magic shows, I can understand why he folded the project.

I understand your concern and frustration. I would feel the same way but again...Tony Clark is a square shooter.

Richard
My appologies to you Jason.
I am now getting quoted on iTricks.com, which I don't mind, I just need to make myself more clear.
I don't really think anyone is going to rip off anything of mine, that was really just me joking around.

I am concerned about getting my money back. They emailed me saying they would give it back, but didn't say how.
They said email if you need help. So I did, and didn't get a reply.
It was a holiday weekend, so we will see.

Randi
Hmm... still no email to explain how I go about getting my money back.

Now I am starting to not believe them.

Randi
I would love to see that routine Randi.
Unreal blaming the economy. Especially in Vegas.
Well... I thought I would bring this back up.

The website is gone, the emails are returned, and I still haven't got my money back!!

This is nothing but theft!! Nothing but CROOKS!!

I haven't forgotten about this!!

Randi
And Hell hath no fury like a woman who eats fire and has a hedgehog.

Sucks that this happened to you.
Hey doll, you want I should have some jabronies fitted for a pair of cement loafers?
Yes..

Concrete shoes, cycanide, TNT!!

Neckties, contracts, HIGH VOLTAGE!!

What ever it takes.

Any way...
I have emailed Tony Clark and I have tracked down a phone number used on the website.
Waiting on replies.

Randi
Gotta love someone who can quote A/C D/C in angry posts. That was cool.

But it does suck BADLY.
Whois Shows

Administrative Contact:
Thomas, Jeff
7885 W. Flamingo Rd.
Unit 1171
Las Vegas, Nevada 89147
United States
(702) 824-7727 Fax --

This person is responsible for this scam. They put the website up, they accepted everyone's money and then did not return anyone's money. I'm not sure this person realizes the seriousness of doing that, they could be criminally charged for
fraud, especially considering they took everyones money, promised refunds, issued none and then took the website down.

If I was this guy I'd start issuing refunds right away, before someone contacts the attorney general in his home state and has him criminally charged.

This is a very serious matter, and I don't think this guy realizes he could literally go to jail for what could be a simple misunderstanding.

I don't beleive its a misunderstanding myself. I believe maybe he had good intentions at the start of this, but then it went badly and he just decided to keep everyones money. Its been months and months, he's had plenty of oppurtunity to give the money back and so far has chosen not to.

Randi rocks, she's one of my very favorite performers and I'm sorry this happened to her. I'm sure she's just one of many feeling ripped off by this guy, who by the way used to post on her as magic-taylor :
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=17241

I wonder how many people paid for this and never got their refunds?

Interesting that he never chimed in to defend his actions here, well once he said the economy was bad so the event was cancelled, and he promised refunds. That was july 3rd. Still no refunds. His website is : http://www.taylorhughes.com/

I think everyone should email him and ask where Randi's money is.

Steven

Steven
Here is my response from Tony about Vegas Magic Star.
It's confusing to me and seems to contradict on the first two lines.
[quote]I have no idea what you're referring to?
I have no idea what ever happened to that project.
You can contact Kozak who is was the last person I spoke with.
[/quote]

Maybe the first line has to do with not getting my money back, or something.

But the investigation goes on.
I haven't stopped.

Anything you would like to say Kozak?

Randi
Haywire, I don't know Taylor Hughes but where does his connection come in? You say Jeff Thomas is the admin contact then go on to point out it is Taylor Hughes. Where is the link between the two?
Haywire I did some checking and I believe you are mistaken, on this thread Taylor Hughes posts:

but it clearly states in the first line "I received this email". Obviously he has nothing to do with the running of it just an applicant as well.
[quote]
On 2008-09-28 01:06, JasonBaney wrote:
Haywire I did some checking and I believe you are mistaken, on this thread Taylor Hughes posts:

but it clearly states in the first line "I received this email". Obviously he has nothing to do with the running of it just an applicant as well.
[/quote]

Thank you Jason. I just came across this post for the first time. I had nothing to do with this other than sending in a video myself. Just wanted to clear the air.
Taylor
Yes I apologise Taylor, I REALLY misread your post and missed the line which stated you were reposting an email....

I'm sorry you too got taken and I apologise very much for confusing the issue.

Any update Randy? Would you like me to find more information on this person for you? :

Thomas, Jeff
7885 W. Flamingo Rd.
Unit 1171
Las Vegas, Nevada 89147
United States

Here is the criminal who took everyones money, promised refunds and never issued them. The information taken from the website whois info is most probably accurate.

Victims of this scam should write a letter to the nevada attorney general including this persons information, and the info from paypal. They will investigate and file criminal charges against this person.

Sorry again Taylor!

Steven