(Close Window)
Topic: Nox Arcana's Necronomicon Music Soundtrack
Picked this up at the "auction site" the other day... not bad. Some nice creepy music for background...
Here is a link where you can sample a song or two:

http://www.noxarcana.com/necronomicon.html
Not sure what your auction price was, but I think we still have some of those,Necronomicon CD's along with the carnival of lost souls at the site store
Kay
Nox Arcana has given me kind permission to use their music in my Magic Act.

For my upcoming Magic Castle gig I am using selections from Grimm Tales and Shadow of the Raven.

You can purchase music directly from http://www.noxarcana.com and they also have most of their CD's available to download on iTunes.
Yep you can preview the songs on ITunes as well which is really nice! Good stuff. I grabbed one of their CD's from ITunes a while back.

AT
There's a "sister" group of these guys called Midnight Syndicate who produce similar music. From memory, one of the performers has been in both groups.

I'm thinking of using their "Gates of Delirium" as a starter for Luna, especially the first couple of tracks.

Matt
[quote]
On 2008-07-14 14:36, BillyTheSquid wrote:
There's a "sister" group of these guys called Midnight Syndicate who produce similar music. From memory, one of the performers has been in both groups.

I'm thinking of using their "Gates of Delirium" as a starter for Luna, especially the first couple of tracks.

Matt
[/quote]
Joseph Vargo was the Talent helping Midnight Syndicate and then formed Nox Arcana, which in my biased opinion is far more superior if you compare the two.

Luna is featured in my Haunted Illusion routine and Joseph Vargo composed and gave me sound fx and music tracks specifically for Luna and the rest of my presentation. The ghostly giggles and distant maniacal laughs with echoes of rapping are perfect.
Coolio... I'm going to do a Luna seance soon.... maniacal laughter is always a bonus... :)
[quote]
On 2008-07-14 20:25, DerZauberer wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-07-14 14:36, BillyTheSquid wrote:

Matt
[/quote]
Joseph Vargo was the Talent helping Midnight Syndicate and then formed Nox Arcana, which in my biased opinion is far more superior if you compare the two.

Luna is featured in my Haunted Illusion routine and Joseph Vargo composed and gave me sound fx and music tracks specifically for Luna and the rest of my presentation. The ghostly giggles and distant maniacal laughs with echoes of rapping are perfect.
[/quote]

We're all allowed opinions. I'm more in the Ed/Gavin/Midnight Syndicate camp for many reasons, most particularly because Ed has been an incredibly stand-up guy since I've met him and all it takes is a quick email or phone call to make sure that performance rights are secured from Midnight Syndicate. I also use BORN OF THE NIGHT as "thinking" music when I need to work out a routine. It is very strangely soothingly familiar.

That being said, Nox Arcana's dark carnival music is pretty hauntingly surperior to most similar soundtracks. Also, Vargo's artwork is all over my house. Not necessarily on the walls, but definitely present on my bookshelf, in my wardrobe, etc. My cashbox for when I work conventions is even from them!

Chris
Ok, I have to take my hat off to you folks for turning me on to Nox Arcana--I just listened to their Necronomicon CD and am sooo hooked. Their style fits my own like a blood stained glove--perfect!
Heck, I'm glad I posted this - now I can check out Midnight Syndicate and all the rest... and sounds like they are bizarre magi friendly for perf. rights!
Carnival of Lost Souls (Nox Arcana) was the first album of this genre I got and has to be my favourite still. I'm sure there is something in there that would work with, say, the Carnie Tarot.

Enjoy Dr Spektor.
Amazing!!!

I know, I say it alot, but I am continuously amazed by the generosity of the collaborators on this forum.

Now I just have to find a music box that matches some of those jingle jangles.

Haunting to say the least...

I just asked my sister what she thought and she said it sounded like a horror movie LMAO.

It definatly inspires the bizarre.

-DerZauberer

Any chance I could get that pass so me and Mescalitoeyes can come and see your show? We are very excited about it - PM me if its cool and I'll send you my address, I'm back in L.A. now.
I hope I never meet Madame Endora.

http://www.noxarcana.com/vr.html?attractions.html

What great storytellers they are.
Madame Endora's Fortune Cards (same artist that does the NA & MS artwork - Vargo) are simply amazing pieces of artwork and the nice thing is that you can do a six way version of Chelman's Arcana with them.

Trouble is that they're no longer produced I believe, so I had to get mine off Fleabay (bnib though).
They're still pretty available in the Ohio market.

While we're at it, check out some other friends in haunting music:

George Sabol: http://www.georgesabol.com/

Virgil: http://www.virgilmusic.net/

Hedstorm Studios (Michael Hedstrom a.k.a. "Mr. Keeba" is the composer/artist):

http://www.hedstorm.net/

And a little different, but fun from Gavin of MS:

http://www.parlormuse.com/

I have something from each one of these guys in my collection. They all are pretty cool and performer-friendly with communication.

Chris
This is great but I have a question......
Can I play this music with its associated 'infrasound' frequencies on a standard speaker system.
Becuz most woofers cant play less than 20 Hz.
A sound engineer I met during my work told me that probabaly I would need a 7.1 or a 9.1 or ll.1 type of home theattre system to play this music "effectively"...to give the folks the creepy feeling.
Any outputs would be appreciated.
Ahem,
not to toot the horn overmuch, but DO check our webstore, we do still have some Mdme Endora's in stock, as well as Gothic Tarot, and music.
Oh, and all our decks come with a bag to hold them, the Gothics come with 6 extra open stock cards for you to gaff or whatever.

Kay
I can't believe that I've never heard of either of these bands! Perfect for any act! I think I'll buy "The Dead Matter." It seems to have the most "mystical potential" for my acts.

These fellows are awesome! Thanks again Doc!
I personally like both "Nox Arcana" and "Midnight Syndicate". I first heard about the latter about 3 years ago at a Halloween supply store. I got "Gates of Delirium" and it is still my favorite today. I discovered "Nox Arcana" last year by the same means, and I perfer "Nox Arcana" to "Midnight Syndicate" as their songs do not become quite as repetitive. My favorite CD by "Nox Arcana" Would be "Shadow of the Raven". I sometimes just listen to the music to get inspiration for a new trick.
Ive got it I play it thur my whole show I love it
I just recieved "Nox Arcana's" newer CD, "Phantoms of the High Seas" and I am currently listening to it right now. I am currently listening to the track "Fate of the Tempest" and reallized it is a perfect song to go along with the trick "Stepping as through a waterfall" from "Garden of the strange" and am already planning a Pirate themed act based on the music. If anyone has run into a block, listening to their music usually undoes the block.
I own all the Nox Arcana albums as well as the Midnight Syndicate releases too.

Money well spent, indeed.

I almost hate to let this thought out:

*White Star* with one of the excellent tracks from "Phantoms of the High Seas".

Cheers.
J.Warrens
If anyone is attending the Magic Castle Swap Meet on May 2nd, I will have ALL of Nox Arcana's CD's available. Additionally I will have several of their Gothic Tarot and Madame Endora Cards for sale -and- a few Monolith journals, some of which are designed as the Necronomicon.

I recently presented my Haunted Illusion act for Jeff McBride and Eugene Burger, (During my Extended Masters Class), and they agreed my music choices were "spot on".