(Close Window)
Topic: Song for a Vent Act
Hi gang...

I think this is a nice song for a Vent Act Duet :) Okay I confess, I'm another Terry Fator wannabe :) :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69TyU3QtWTo

Thanks

Wanlu
I can't watch or listen to YouTube. What is the song?

Regan
It's "Happiness" interpreted by Tony Award winner Leah Salonga and her brother and musical director Gerard Salonga :)

Very nice song...I asked a local musician to make a minus one track for me and my figure Nicolo :)
It's a lovely song from the musical "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown".

Here was the most recent major revival..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA5Od2AXqvI
Okay...for the record, Im not a Terry Fator wannabe...but then again, maybe I am but lets just say I'm a Terry Fator nevercanbe :)

This is not an impersonation...just a song number.

I like the song and I paid a musician to make a minus one for me because there are no available tracks in the market....tried it yesterday and this afternoon.

Check it out... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDD1FoPPH2s
That was Sweet Wanlu!!!!
I think it was great! You have a lovely voice and I really think you should always include a musical bit.

I really enjoyed that! Thanks!
Thanks Eddie :bigsmile:
Excellent Wanlu! Sweet.

Sounded like you were competing with a hundred conversations though. Shoot off a gun.

I got to voice that song as 'Underdog' and 'Bullwinkle' (Moose) for a costume character show that played a Theme Park in Vancouver. I always liked it. My Bullwinkle voice harmonised with my 'Underdog' voice on the track. Thanks for the memories!
Doug -

What theme park in Vancouver?
Was it the PNE?
PNE I never heard of. There was a Clown that was the logo character and had the name of the place. I'll try and think of it as I type.

The show was a Rocky and Blullwinkle Big Head costime show...I did Bullwinkle, Underdog and Snidely Whiplash. There was a girl moose named Moonbeam who was a terrific voice...we dueted on Moonlight Becomes You (best thing I ever did...well sort of). I also had to do Bullwinkle AS ELVIS doing Heartbreak Hotel...hahaha....but the girl who was to do Rocky's voice didn't show up and they used another girl who was terrible and kind of ruined the show. I mostly remember the guy who directed the voice overs and wrote the music etc...name of Gene Patrick...an absolute genius. We worked 23 hours on that session. A blast.

Can't remember the name of the darn clown...it was a weird name for a clown anyway.

edit: CONKY! I think that was it. Would that be Conklin? Name of the park or the owner or something. Must have been Playland I guess. PNE? Was the late 70's.
Conklin Shows used to provide entertianers and rides for Playland and the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition).
Just to sidetrack, is there a song CD for Ventriloquists where the vents can sing along with the puppet?
You can find a lot of karaoke tracks on itunes and other download sites.
I cant find a karaoke track for this song so I had it made for me by a musician :)

If you are not looking for a particular song...Karaoke tracks can be purchased in Music stores or as Tom suggested, you can download over the net :)
OK that's cool. So which is the recommended website?
Joseph, looking at your avatar, you need the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to cover your show!
Hey... They are not remote controlled. :D

All my friends want to take photos with me, so I squeeze them in. Don't you think they look happy? :)
They sure do! So do you. Excellent picture.