(Close Window)
Topic: Best Black Art Material
If you've been looking for the perfect material to use in small cabinets and apparatus, here's the low down:

http://magicgizmo.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49:best-black-art-material-where-to-get-it-and-how-to-use-it&catid=71:magic-workshop&Itemid=63
I can't get the link to work. I tried searching for magicgizmo home page and that won't come up either.

Don Drake's triple velvet is considered by many to be the pinnacle of BA material.

http://www.blackartsecrets.com/catalog1/velvet_yard.html
I had no problem with the link.
Strange. I still can't get anything from magicgizmo.com (that link, home page, or anything) to come up on my computer. I'll have to keep tinkering with it to see why. Well, glad to know others can get the link anyway.
Triple black velvet that you can get almost anywhere is the best to use, we use it in out shows!
Hi MagicBob- It could be a browser problem. If you are using an older version of Explorer or Firefox, try upgrading (always a good idea anyway.)
I have used Triple Black Velvet from Don Drake and several other types of black velvet from a local fabric shop.

All were good, but some is a little better than others. I bought a prop recently that had a very thin layer of a sticky-backed, black velvety-like fabric used for the inside lining. I wish I knew where to get some of that fabric.

Regan
Well, I use IE 7, so I don't think that's it. It's just that one webiste, so not a big deal, but I just like to figure these kinds of things out.
Regan - The thin material you are looking for is exactly the material the article descibes... comes in non-adhesive and adhesive backing
Thanks. I'll try to to see if I can open the link.
THE BLACK ART MATERIAL ON MAGIC AUCTION WORKS GREAT. IT ALSO HAS A STICKY BACK. UNLIMITED USES
Coachc, no need to yell..!

If you want the [i]absolutely[/i] best material, its Killer-Z, its just darn near impossible to get but its REALLY worth it.
[quote]
On 2009-01-02 06:30, mvmagic wrote

If you want the [i]absolutely[/i] best material, its Killer-Z, its just darn near impossible to get but its REALLY worth it.
[/quote]

mvmagic
where is this found?
bob
Well...it is hard to get your hands on it. I only know of one source which I promised not to reveal. Maybe someone knows of some other source?
What a tease!!
I ordered the material from McMaster that Magic Gizmo suggested. It was $22.50 shipped and showed up in 2 days.
88015K22 VELVET FABRIC, .030" THICK, 45" WIDE, ADHESIVE BACKED, 3' LENGTH

I haven't had a chance to use it yet because it ended up the project I was working on didn't require black art to achive the effect. But I must say this looks like GREAT material.

Let us know if anyone uses it..

Thanks,
Mike