(Close Window)
Topic: Scorpion ( Outlaw) on a plane or ship?
Hello,

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had any issues carrying their Scorpion on a plane or ship - through security or checkin...?

Piers.
[quote]
On 2008-08-01 04:48, Piers wrote:
Hello,

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had any issues carrying their Scorpion on a plane or ship - through security or checkin...?

Piers.
[/quote]
I would ship or mail the Scorpion. If you walk through an airport security checkin with it, you may miss your flight :).

I've never had to, but I have customers that will pre-ship the scorpion to another destination where they are performing.

Check in baggage is scanned also so it would be best with such an ominous looking device not to take any chances.

Rick
I've taken it in checked baggage before (European flights) wrapped in tissue paper in the box. No problem. As I've mentioned in a previous thread, I've taken swords many times in checked baggage and never had it questioned.

The Scorpion would almost definitely be confiscated if you had it in hand baggage.
If you want to make sure the scorpion gets to your dsetination, ship it. If it gets noticed, chances are it will not go any further. Ship it.
If you're going to be putting things in the checked baggage it's a good idea to leave them loose (in other words, don't tape it up inside a wad of bubble wrap). My brother juggles torches and whenever we fly his kerosene-scented, dynamite stick-looking objects are taken out of the bags somewhere along the way and inspected. They're returned, of course, but always inspected. Keep your Scorpion accessible and if possible include a little note explaining that it is a prop.