(Close Window)
Topic: Slink-touch-bent Final Garcia @E
Lets check out the effects themselves. Keep it clean and productive.
I haven't seen them, but I'm sure someone has since DG sent out demos of two of the effects. If he performs them at magic conventions I'm sure someone had to see it.
Does anyone know when these will be released? Is E still shooting for an august release?

I saw the demo for Bent and it looks amazing. This is one of the main reasons I'm interested in this dvd. Daniel showed me Slink (or whatever its supposed to be called) at the TAOM in 2006. I remember it blew me away and was very visual, but its hard to remember exactly what it looked like since it was 2 years ago. I think these 2 effects will def. be worth picking up this dvd.
Bent does look incredible!! I will buy the Dvd for that effect alone...

Adam
Any demos yet? Does anyone know what all the effects are?
[quote]
On 2008-08-23 20:42, baskitboy5 wrote:
Bent does look incredible!! I will buy the Dvd for that effect alone...

Adam
[/quote]

So you've seen the effect in person? Curiosity killed the cat.
[quote]
On 2008-08-23 20:23, phase27 wrote:
Daniel showed me Slink (or whatever its supposed to be called) at the TAOM in 2006. I remember it blew me away and was very visual, but its hard to remember exactly what it looked like since it was 2 years ago.
[/quote]

That puts things into perspective. You don't remember how it looked?
Fooksau, Daniel sent me the demo for this like two years ago. I watched it again this week and it reminded me of how great this should be!

Adam
[quote]
On 2008-08-23 22:50, baskitboy5 wrote:
Fooksau, Daniel sent me the demo for this like two years ago. I watched it again this week and it reminded me of how great this should be!

Adam
[/quote]

I'm looking forward to it. I'm also very impressed that a video given out that long ago hasn't been leaked somehow.

Peace.
When I said I wouldn't share it, I meant it =)
Cross Link is insanely visual. It impromptu and looks like real magic. Two borrowed rubber bands linked then unlinked, so simple, so convincing.
The only one of these that I've seen so far is CrossLink. Danny performed it for me and a few others the last time he was in town. Anyone who already does a few band tricks will love this one!

Sadly, I have to wait for the DVD before I get the method!

Can't wait to see Bent. I remember when the video started circulating a few years back, and being excited then. Still haven't managed to see it though, so definitely looking forward to this DVD!

Kevin
[quote]
On 2008-08-23 22:07, fooksau wrote:
[quote]
Daniel showed me Slink (or whatever its supposed to be called) at the TAOM in 2006. I remember it blew me away and was very visual, but its hard to remember exactly what it looked like since it was 2 years ago.
[/quote]

That puts things into perspective. You don't remember how it looked?

[/quote]

I just remember that its a linking rubber band routine but don't remember details about it like how his hands were positioned and all. I remember it fooled me right away and cant wait to pick this up.
Does anyone have a link to a performance video or something of that sort?
Judging from those who have seen two of the three effects, this look like it's going to be one of Garcia's stronger releases. Crosslink and Bent sound like solid effects. Can't wait to get my hands on these.
[quote]
On 2008-08-24 17:04, magician 336 wrote:
I think the thread vanishing was partly my fault, sorry guys lol....... does anyone have a link to a performance video or something of that sort?
[/quote]

Danny sent out demos before. I'm thinking that he sent them to good people otherwise they'd be all over the place by now. But it's good to hear from others that have seen it on video or in person.
They're all good effects. (Cross)Slink is a definite winner, but you'll need to put in the time and patience in order to get the most out out it. You NEED to look natural while doing this, and that takes times.

Touch looks great too... I remember looking at the video and actually saying "WTF, impossible" when he performed it for the camera. It just goes to show you what the mind remembers seeing, versus what actually is seen. For me, this effect adds value to the DVD. Regardless of what's been said and why whom I don't think there will be too many people who are put off by this effect. I think it's just as strong as the others that he's got there.

Bent is impressive as well. It's one thing to know how a trick is done, but I'm more impressed with being able to understand the creativity that Danny has within him, and how he's put it to use.

I do work for Ellusionist so some of you will want to take this with a grain of salt but I'd buy this, even it wasn't sold at Ellusionist.

David.
So, can you give some idea for a release date then?

Thanks,

Lloyd
[quote]
On 2008-08-25 17:53, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
So, can you give some idea for a release date then?

Thanks,

Lloyd
[/quote]

Shouldn't this be out in August? Can't wait for this. Daniel Garcia products have always been outstanding.
[quote]
Does anyone know when these will be released? Is E still shooting for an august release?
[/quote]

I assume the Ellusionist staff does. No E is not still shooting for an August release. The release is being pushed back for at least another month for some reason.

Regards,

Mantel
[quote]
On 2008-08-29 18:04, mantel wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

I assume the Ellusionist staff does. No E is not still shooting for an August release. The release is being pushed back for at least another month for some reason.

Regards,

Mantel
[/quote]

Where did you hear this?
[quote]
On 2008-08-29 19:52, phase27 wrote:
Where did you hear this?
[/quote]

I didn't hear it. I read it here:

http://blog.ellusionist.com/coming-soon-from-ellusionistcom/

Regards,

Mantel
According to the blog supplied by Mantel, the tentative release date is September 30th.
I find it strange E announces this release then does everything in their power to stop people from talking about it. They wiped out a lot of completely harmless posts in their forum, and now the thread is even locked. The whole thing is just weird.

As far as the release goes, it sucks it's being pushed back another month+, but at least it still has a sooner than later (or never) planned release date. This is one of those rare releases I plan on buying the moment it's released.
I'm sure they locked threads to just increase hype even more. Now this is the DVD which isn't supposed to be talked about, which builds more suspense and interest.
Another hype scheme
Ellusionist knows how to market their products, gotta admit
[quote]
On 2008-08-30 13:24, Thomas Kwon wrote:
Another hype scheme
[/quote]

Can you elaborate? I feel that the dvd would have been released by now. They are probably changing the names of the tricks which could take some time.
[quote]
Can you elaborate? I feel that the dvd would have been released by now. They are probably changing the names of the tricks which could take some time.
[/quote]

It's marketing man. They wouldn't release news about it if it wasn't ready, unless they wanted to build up hype. Trust me, marketing is my major in college.
It's now being released September 30.
Wow ellusionist just sent out an e-mail with a link to the benttouchslink demo. all 3 effects look absolutely amazing, especially slink. I am getting this the second it comes out.
So is every youtube kid. Pretty sad that Ellusionists success contains seeds of it's failure.
Saw the demo, looked pretty cool.
So where is this link I am on their email list but havent gotten an email yet?
Here you go:
http://www.ellusionist.com/category/featured/benttouchslink.do
Slink and Bent look really good. I'm looking forward to this release.
[quote]
On 2008-08-30 10:39, Exitmat wrote:

I find it strange E announces this release then does everything in their power to stop people from talking about it. They wiped out a lot of completely harmless posts in their forum, and now the thread is even locked. The whole thing is just weird.

[/quote]

Any stranger than J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI listening to rock and roll records for hidden meanings? lol.

They 'control' all information the E site.

"There is nothing wrong with your computer screen. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. Sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat, there is nothing wrong with your computer screen. You will no longer need to listen to the accusations of our former artists. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to...ELLUSIONIST"
I think ellusionist might be a communist plot......
No communist plots..I'm sure they love democracy. And look how well they enjoy the capitalist system. They wouldn't exist without it!
Haha well that's very true maybe they are going for a monopoly with some communism mixed in for fun.......
Back to the discussion...
I saw the demo video on Ellusionists site a few moments ago. And I have to say that the slow visual passing of the bands through each other just looks like candy! This is going to be a great instructional from DG. I can't wait. There are so many items coming out lately that it is just getting so hard to set priorities! FOCUS BRIAN! FOCUS!
Brian
Wow...bent and touch looks great!!
Looks like 3 amazing effects.
This looks like one of the canadates for best of 2008 to me, very nice daniel.
Best of 2008? What makes you think that?
Has anyone seen a price???? the vid says 3 gems for one low price????

Junior
[quote]
On 2008-09-29 11:57, close_up_act wrote:
Has anyone seen a price???? the vid says 3 gems for one low price????

Junior
[/quote]

Actually, that's a really great question. I guess we will know for sure tomorrow. :)
Dan must be in league with the devil :S
For $25, I already ordered mine.
(Cros)Slink looks absolutely amazing. I ordered mine.
Ordered mine, too many good magic stuff coming out :-P
After a quick viewing, Slink and the Danny's handling of CMH are both worth the download. Slink is really good. It looks especially good when it is done with 2 different colored rubber bands. The bands literally just touch and they link with no funny business. The unlink is a great touch also. Dan Harlan would be very proud.

Bent is good too. A couple of interesting sleights and very practical. 3 different variations depending on your style. If you don't have superman coin bend or Quantum Bender, this is a great visual coin bend with a borrowed quarter.

Touch. It's ok, nothing revolutionary. Could be a fun trick to do when someone gives you a quarter and says "do a trick." Wouldn't open or close with this. Not nearly the quality of Bent and Slink.

Overall, I would say it is worth $25 if you like rubber band and coin magic. Only complaint is Bent and Touch aren't performed in front of an audience.
I agree...well worth the time to download. Like everyone else, I really was going after Slink. Garcia's CMH are spectacular, but Slink takes the cake. Watching it the first time to learn it, makes you think it is the XCM of rubberband tricks, but it is not that bad. Bent and Touch are nice to do with a borrowed quarter. I highly suggest that you pick up BTS as soon as possible before anyone else does.
I agree.
These are all great effects. Having bent coin methods in your arsenal is great for impromptu stunning. Daniel Garcia is a great teacher. The use of the freeze and close up snapshots and the angled viewing during teaching was stellar.

Very easy to learn. Slink totally kills people.
Well done,
James
Any reviews yet?...
Weren't the three posts above yours reviews?
Sorry...I meant any other reviews...
Does it have bonus footage of Danny telling about the great experience he had working with Brad and Ellusionist?

:rotf:
[quote]
On 2008-10-04 16:54, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Does it have bonus footage of Danny telling about the great experience he had working with Brad and Ellusionist?

[/quote]

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say....No.

Tim
Very nice. Looks magical!
Slink looks very similar to Alex Padrea's rubber band link,he just put it for download at this link:

http://fantasmamagic.net/product_info.php?products_id=96
[quote]
On 2008-10-05 03:10, LF wrote:
Slink looks very similar to Alex Padrea's rubber band link,he just put it for download at this link:

http://fantasmamagic.net/product_info.php?products_id=96
[/quote]

If you know the secret behind Slink, you know that this rubber band link isn't the same. The hand movements give it away
Hey guys. Alex is having some trouble signing into the Café to post a response, so he asked that I post his response in here. He does indeed have a really nice linking bands routine, but the method is different from Slink. It's a link he's been doing for awhile now, and when he found out about Slink (Crosslink) coming out, he got in touch with DG to make sure they weren't the same. They're not. Both are good, and serve their purposes. I just got the BentTouchSlink DVD yesterday, so I've not worked fully through it, but I have watched the Slink section. Slink looks great, and it is viewed head-on by the audience. Alex's link is best viewed by giving your audience the "magician POV" over your shoulder.

Here's Alex's message:

"Hey guys,

Glad to see you came across one of my downloads. Yes, Slink is similar to my rubberband link, yet it is different in method. I spoke to Danny about this to re-assure ourselves that these effects are different, which was an important thing to do.

Unfortunately, Fantasma Magic is facing some technical difficulties with their download demos, which you may experience when trying to view them. They will be trying to sort that out as soon as possible. The downloads of the tricks and teaching themselves are in operation, people might just have some trouble viewing the demos. Soon they will begin to upload more downloads for you guys, including more of my routines, and material from guys like Shoot Ogawa, Johnny Thompson, David Roth, and many more.

Thanks,
Alex Pandrea"

I definitely recommend that people keep their eye out for more material from Alex. He's a very talented guy, and has a lot of clever effects and methods. In addition to his Fantasma Downloads, he'll also be releasing some of his stuff through the New York Magic Project later this year. Teasers and previews coming soon!

And to stay fully on-topic, congrats to Danny on his release. As I said before, I've not watch the whole DVD, but I like what I see so far. The other reviews I've heard have also been quite good, so I'm looking forward to watching the rest!

Kevin

PS - As a side note, I just re-visted the Fantasma site, and it seems they've fixed the demo issue. At least it worked for me now!
Hey guys... need to clear up yet ANOTHER thing.

First let me start by letting you know that I DO NOT even own a copy of BentTouchSlink yet... The brilliant man over at Ellusionist does not even send me a rough draft of the DVD's before the are released(as some of you may know by seeing what happened with the loops dvd). They do not even send me ONE final copy when it's done... not ONE. I have yet to see Fallen, BTS, or even a final copy of the UltraGaff DVD's. OH wait... I have seen Fallen, but because I had to ORDER one just to see my own product. With that being said...

Someone informed me that I recommend using the "superman coin bend" on the BTS dvd.

- I have NEVER owned a superman coin bend, I have never touched a superman coin bend, and I have never SEEN a superman coin bend.

Brad told me to recommend that product because it was one of THEIR products.

I actually recommend the Coin Bending Tool over at tophatmagic.com ... it is what I was using even AT THE SHOOT.

I know that this may be a small little detail, but like I said before, the TRUTH is very important to me, and I am fed up of ellusionist misleading their customers.

Daniel Garcia
Danny, thanks for peeling away another layer for us.

Rest that heel up and keep creating!

Chris
Thanks for the post Danny.

It just keeps getting more and more interesting.

Do you even get any kind of royalties for this?
I hope they at least do that much.

Tim
[quote]
On 2008-10-08 14:40, dg magic wrote:
Hey guys... need to clear up yet ANOTHER thing.

First let me start by letting you know that I DO NOT even own a copy of BentTouchSlink yet... The brilliant man over at Ellusionist does not even send me a rough draft of the DVD's before the are released(as some of you may know by seeing what happened with the loops dvd). They do not even send me ONE final copy when it's done... not ONE. I have yet to see Fallen, BTS, or even a final copy of the UltraGaff DVD's. OH wait... I have seen Fallen, but because I had to ORDER one just to see my own product. With that being said...

Someone informed me that I recommend using the "superman coin bend" on the BTS dvd.

- I have NEVER owned a superman coin bend, I have never touched a superman coin bend, and I have never SEEN a superman coin bend.

Brad told me to recommend that product because it was one of THEIR products.

I actually recommend the Coin Bending Tool over at tophatmagic.com ... it is what I was using even AT THE SHOOT.

I know that this may be a small little detail, but like I said before, the TRUTH is very important to me, and I am fed up of ellusionist misleading their customers.

Daniel Garcia
[/quote]

Wow, I hate Ellusionist even more now. In all honesty, the only times I've really check out their stuff is when YOU release something new. I just love your creative ideas!

This all sounds even worse than the Sankey/Penguin incident a few years back.
What's so wrong that Brad wants Danny to promote Ellusionist products? It's a business, they need to make money, they promote products.
Sorry to say it, But I don't even have STB. I decided a while back that E wasn't going to get any more of my business. And no, he whole thing with Danny and E was not the reason I decided such. But it did put the icing on top.

I want to check it out because I love Danny's stuff, But I won't support E anymore.

Tim
[quote]
On 2008-10-08 18:35, palmtreemagic! wrote:
What's so wrong that Brad wants Danny to promote Ellusionist products? It's a business, they need to make money, they promote products.
[/quote]

Why should Danny have to say its great and promote it when he doesn't even use it? That seems okay to you?

Tim
The emo-ness and anti-corporate malarky in this thread are good for a laugh.

That said, Dan Harlan's Band Shark is on my wishlist and I already have Sean Fields' Benz. How do Slink and Bent compare respectively and which product (Band Shark or BTS) will give me more bang for my buck?
So is there anyone that has worked with ellusionist that hasnt been screwed over lol?
[quote]
On 2008-10-08 18:38, Tim Jahn wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Why should Danny have to say its great and promote it when he doesn't even use it? That seems okay to you?

Tim
[/quote]

I doubt Danny was forced to do such a thing. Ellusionist is probably the most successful magic store on the web if not the world, I'm sure they know a thing or 2 about business.
Hi Danny,

First, let me say that I really like Slink-Touch-Bent, as I do all your stuff. I just re-watched the video and you demonstrate bending the coin with Steve Lancaster's Coin Bending tool and say that is what you use. You also talk about how great a tool it is and what a great bend it makes in the coin. You give other options for bending a coin and quickly mention that you can also use the Superman Coin Bend before the video cuts quickly to a different section. You don't really reccomend it, you just offer it as another alternative.

I don't know the history behind you and Brad although it's obvious theres more than a bit of bad blood. Just the same, I don't think there is anything that is misleading in the video in that regard and to suggest that Ellusionist is misleading anyone with the video is a bit of a stretch.

Hey, I really respect you and understand that you have your reasons to be unhappy with Ellusionist, (which may be absolutely legitimate), but in this case I don't really understand the knock on Ellusionist. If all you meant to do was let people know which coin bend tool you recomend, that's great, and I appreciate that.
[quote]
On 2008-10-08 18:58, palmtreemagic! wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-10-08 18:38, Tim Jahn wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Tim
[/quote]

I doubt Danny was forced to do such a thing. Ellusionist is probably the most successful magic store on the web if not the world, I'm sure they know a thing or 2 about business.
[/quote]

They use to know a thing or two about business but greed and ego have taken over and now they have no ethics OR business sense. I stopped buying from them when they hiked there shipping rates sky high to "cover the cost of the benefits of those working in the shipping department." I've been in business over 36 years and that is pure BS!
[quote]I don't know the history behind you and Brad although it's obvious theres more than a bit of bad blood. Just the same, I don't think there is anything that is misleading in the video in that regard and to suggest that Ellusionist is misleading anyone with the video is a bit of a stretch.[/quote]

Good to see someone around here is willing to make an educated decision.

Also, since you own the product, could you help me out with my question? If you don't own Band Shark, don't worry about it. I just want to know how the content on BTS stands up to that and Benz.

I probably won't be buying any other coin bending gimmick as it is, as Sean's Benz bender is probably superior to almost anything else I'm going to find given my particular style.
[quote]
On 2008-10-08 19:37, WolfGod wrote:
[quote]I don't know the history behind you and Brad although it's obvious theres more than a bit of bad blood. Just the same, I don't think there is anything that is misleading in the video in that regard and to suggest that Ellusionist is misleading anyone with the video is a bit of a stretch.[/quote]

Good to see someone around here is willing to make an educated decision.

Also, since you own the product, could you help me out with my question? If you don't own Band Shark, don't worry about it. I just want to know how the content on BTS stands up to that and Benz.

I probably won't be buying any other coin bending gimmick as it is, as Sean's Benz bender is probably superior to almost anything else I'm going to find given my particular style.
[/quote]

You need to get your hands on the best coin bender there is...Quantum Bender 2.0!!
[quote]
On 2008-10-08 19:24, rockwall wrote:
Hi Danny,

First, let me say that I really like Slink-Touch-Bent, as I do all your stuff. I just re-watched the video and you demonstrate bending the coin with Steve Lancaster's Coin Bending tool and say that is what you use. You also talk about how great a tool it is and what a great bend it makes in the coin. You give other options for bending a coin and quickly mention that you can also use the Superman Coin Bend before the video cuts quickly to a different section. You don't really reccomend it, you just offer it as another alternative.

I don't know the history behind you and Brad although it's obvious theres more than a bit of bad blood. Just the same, I don't think there is anything that is misleading in the video in that regard and to suggest that Ellusionist is misleading anyone with the video is a bit of a stretch.

Hey, I really respect you and understand that you have your reasons to be unhappy with Ellusionist, (which may be absolutely legitimate), but in this case I don't really understand the knock on Ellusionist. If all you meant to do was let people know which coin bend tool you recomend, that's great, and I appreciate that.
[/quote]

thanks you SOOOOO much for clearing this up... like I said, I have not even recieved a copy of my own product.... so I was going by what I was told. Just wanted to make sure everything was honest :)

thank you very much,

DG
[quote]
On 2008-10-08 19:41, dg magic wrote:

so I was going by what I was told. Just wanted to make sure everything was honest :)
[/quote]

This struck me as a little odd.

Doesn't it seem rash to make allegations based on hearsay?
[quote]
On 2008-10-08 19:44, WolfGod wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-10-08 19:41, dg magic wrote:

so I was going by what I was told. Just wanted to make sure everything was honest :)
[/quote]

This struck me as a little odd.

Doesn't it seem rash to make allegations based on hearsay?
[/quote]

not at all... I was told by several trusting people that it was said.. and I just wanted to clear up WHY I recommended it... and be honest in letting people know that I have not even seen the device being suggested.

I am glad to hear that the coin bending tool was mentioned in the dvd :)

DG
[quote]On 2008-10-08 19:41, dg magic wrote:

not at all... I was told by several trusting people that it was said.. and I just wanted to clear up WHY I recommended it... and be honest in letting people know that I have not even seen the device being suggested.
[/quote]

Yeah, I get that. But personally speaking I would have borrowed a friend's copy and watched it before saying anything in public. And you know as well as I do how many people would have taken your word as gospel and blown the story out of proportion had you not been corrected.

If you have a suspicion, best to make sure you confirm everything personally before imparting the information on us, the rabble.
[quote]
[/quote]

Not just mentioned. You demonstrate bending a couple of coins with it. Looks like a great tool that creates a nice bend. When you're all done demonstrating how to use the tool you like you say, "Also, if you like, you can get Superman Coin Bending Tool ..." At that point the video cuts off abruptly and jumps to a new section. When I first watched it I thought the cut was a bit odd but after reading your response it makes me think they edited out you saying, "although I personally haven't used it.", or something like that. Guess we'll never know, not that it's that big a deal.

Sorry that Ellusionist doesn't have the class to at least send you a comp copy of the products despite any animosity between you two. I used to be in video game development and I learned early on that if I didn't have something in my contract saying that I would get x number of comp copies of my game from the publisher that it was a crap shoot on whether or not I'd see one.

Hope I didn't offend you with my first post. If I did, I apologize as it wasn't intentional. I respect you tremendously.

Mike
[quote]
On 2008-10-09 00:49, rockwall wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Hope I didn't offend you with my first post. If I did, I apologize as it wasn't intentional. I respect you tremendously.

Mike
[/quote]

no offense taken AT ALL :) I am glad that you cleared up a few things. It is sad that I have to get information about my own products through friends. Well, that is the LAST project that I have with them and the LAST project I will EVER do with that company, so I guess I don't have to worry about previewing my products before they are released :)

thanks to all who have seen BTS... there seems to be nothing but good reviews so far. Although I DO NOT support Ellusionist, Bent and Crosslink are effects that I have had for years now, and I'm glad that others are enjoying them as much as I did/am.

DG
Danny, I love your work and am sorry we can't get these direct from you.

Looking forward to future projects that we can get direct from you!
Wolfgod is very new, I wonder where he is from?
Danny,

Now that we got you watching this thread ... can you tell us of any projects you are currently working on? Also, are you still planning on putting up your own website?

Thanks,
Mike
[quote]
On 2008-10-09 09:57, rockwall wrote:
Danny,

Now that we got you watching this thread ... can you tell us of any projects you are currently working on? Also, are you still planning on putting up your own website?

Thanks,
Mike
[/quote]

This next year should be a good year. :)

there will be a few things that people have been waiting for :) , and the release of my new multi-disc set... along with some possible sequels ;)

DG
Hey guys, try doing Bent with a chewed to wrapped piece of gum. It works, and looks good! Be creative, I don't suggest using a real piece of chewed gum. And Danny, really nice job. When I get the chance, I'll write a review.
Danny,

Now that you are in traction it's cool to see that you have some downtime to chill with us. Are you self producing the rest of your projects then? Seems like that might be the only way to ensure its YOUR vision and not someone else's.

DO
Danny,

Glad to hear you are breaking with Ellusionist... I broke my own personal rule of never buying anything from them to get BentTouchSlink... I love your work and this DVD did not disappoint. Glad you will be releasing stuff this year (any word on the wallet>>>) By the way - Not seeing you at LVMI this year was a huge disappointment - Looking forward to a lecture tour in the future!

Michael
[quote]
On 2008-10-09 05:07, Bertrand Thornley wrote:
Wolfgod is very new, I wonder where he is from?
[/quote]

And what he is.....
I've been here only a day and already I've got people talking about me. I still got it.
Just what are you up to WolfGod?! ;)
I think wolfGod lives over a Hellmouth ( the BIG one under Pitssburgh ).
Woof-Woof....
Amateur night at the Magic Café.
[quote]
On 2008-10-10 16:44, WolfGod wrote:
[/quote]

That's why you were invited!

[quote]
On 2008-10-10 16:44, WolfGod wrote:
[/quote]

Is this a request? I don't want you to feel left out.

Amatuers are always welcome.
I can see why my friends don't want to go here. This is the creepiest reception I've ever gotten.
Well, with God in your name, do you really care what us humble peasants think?

Seriously though, welcome aboard. It's not easy being the new guy that has a different view point.

Cheers.

Donny
It's not easy having a different viewpoint at all. I left Theory 11 because I was tired of having to delete all of the hate mail I got everytime I played the skeptic or the devil's advocate. The Café so far hasn't exactly charmed the pants off of me, either... Except for the bizarrist section, that is.
Well yer welcome here just the same WolfGod.
I for one like ya!

Mr. agent61 (aka James)
Welcome abored wolfy..
[quote]
On 2008-10-10 22:35, WolfGod wrote:
It's not easy having a different viewpoint at all. I left Theory 11 because I was tired of having to delete all of the hate mail I got everytime I played the skeptic or the devil's advocate. The Café so far hasn't exactly charmed the pants off of me, either... Except for the bizarrist section, that is.
[/quote]

You get back, what you out out.
I wrote a review [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=279275&forum=111&0]here[/url].
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=279275&forum=111&0
[quote]
On 2008-10-10 22:35, WolfGod wrote:
[/quote]

you have to understand you can't expect blind acceptance from people. when you views differ from other you need to support your claims so to speak. that's the case on any human interaction. people are just more vocal on the net(me included) because of the detachment
Durr-hey. I just get a little weary of the endless barrage of virulent hostility everytime I have the audacity to suggest that (insert popular magician here) isn't always right about everything.

Sure my opinions are unpopular. But with the kind of reactions I get, you'd think I was campaigning to free Varg Vikernes or something.
LOL.
Hey
(punches you in the face then pushes over your close up table)

welcome to the Café.
Wolfgod, there are some here who worship the very ground that their favorite magician walks on. So consequently they get angry when someone dares to confront them.

Just ignore them. There are others here who do discuss differing opinions without getting riled up.

P.S. Welcome to the Café.
Bent was my favorite. A new take on coin bending. I very much enjoyed it.
Well all I have to say is that you are going to see the best magicians occasionally put out something we don't like and the worst might even put out something that we do like. Also there is almost always something to complain about on every trick out there. You can find the good points about them or the bad points about them. Maybe even both. Anyway, all I have to say is: Each to their own. Some magician's trash is another's treasure. Just try not to come down on a magician too hard if there is differing opinions or if they put out something that you don't like. If nothing else, wait for the reviews before purchasing. I almost never trust the advertisements.
Hi everyone,

This is the biggest "bump" I've ever done ( the last post in this thread was more than 7 years ago :O )! :D

I am trying to find someone who can help me get in contact with Daniel.
About 4 years ago, after performing Slink for a while, I started experimenting with the secret prep. and hookup to make the effect work.
After playing around with it for about half a year, I came up with a completely new look for a linking rubberband effect.

You can see the display of the middle phase on my Instagram page (5th picture from the bottom up):

https://www.instagram.com/aljazson/

As an homage to Daniel, I decided to call it G-link. :)
There are 3 more links and unlinks that came out of this experimenation throughout the years and I need to speak with him about crediting and getting permision to teach a certain (albeit small) part of the method for Slink.

I messaged him on FB about it years ago and never received any feedback.

However, I really don't want to be a pest and harras him about it, as I imagine he's extremely busy so,... if anyone can get a message to him or make him aware of my intentions, it would be a huge help to facilitate the release of my effect(s) to the community.

Looking forward to all(any) of your feedback.

All the best
Aljaž