(Close Window)
Topic: Unicycle
Message: Posted by: Dustin_The_Magic_Kid (Apr 8, 2003 10:44AM)
I know busking has many different forms, and I was just wondering.. does anyone here ride a unicycle, and could they give me some tips on them ?

Are they even worth buying?
I always enjoy a unicyling and juggling act.

But unless you aleady do it, it has it's own set of limitations and challenges.

What is your thing? Are you a magician, or a unicylist? I can see tossing in a simple bit of juggling into a magic act, but I think you have an either/or issue with the uni-physco. You either do magic, or you get on a bike and ride around. It would take an exceptional performer to do enough on a unicycle to hold people around waiting for magic. I know there are exceptions out there, but that is my opinion.

BroDavid
Message: Posted by: Dustin_The_Magic_Kid (Apr 9, 2003 10:44AM)
I don't want to incorporate a unicycle into my act or anything, i just thought it would be a super fun talent is all :)
It is! As long as you stay upright, which isn't all that easy for some of us, at first.

So if you aren't thinking of putting it into your act, why is the question here? I don't mean to sound harsh, and I hope I don't. But if this forum is about busking, and you don't intend to put in your act, how does just riding a unicyle qualify as busking?

BroDavid
Dustin,

http://www.performers.net is a website dedicated to busking. They do it all: juggling, uni, fire, magic, you name it!

If you go to that site and browse the forums you will learn a ton about developing any kind of busking act.

Best,

Dan-
I bought a unicycle. I figured I had good balance as I was a semi-pro roller skater.

Wrong!

I couldn't get the hang of it, and kept at it until....

....until I saw a Monkey riding one. Then I threw mine in the trash! :coolspot:
Message: Posted by: Dustin_The_Magic_Kid (Apr 10, 2003 09:07AM)
The reason i put it in the busking portion is because i wanted to know. I am not putting it into my "magic" show :) I am thinking about maybe doing tow or three different routines to get busking started in my area.

Sorry if this is in the wrong slot :)
No, it was a great place to ask it! It ain't magic but buskers know buskers, 'ya know? Check out P.net they will have all the info.

Best,

Dan-
BroDavid writes: "As long as you stay upright. . ."

Oh, sure; NOW you tell me!
:rotf: