(Close Window)
Topic: Split Happens--Easter Egg
Message: Posted by: Joemv (Aug 27, 2008 02:47PM)
Any help appreciated. I cannot locate the Easter Egg on the Split Happens DVD. Can anyone help out? Hints or clues? Thank you in advance.



Joe
Message: Posted by: Craig Petty (Aug 29, 2008 01:24PM)
I think I might know!!!!

Do to the routines menu and keep pushing next till you get to the final screen. Keep pushing right until you see some invisible text, which is now highlighted, that says 'egg'. Click on that, and watch Printed by Russell Leeds. Enjoy the routine - it's a great, really off-the-wall use of the gimmick!!!

Craig
Message: Posted by: Joemv (Aug 30, 2008 08:58PM)
Thank you, Craig. Love the DVD. I highly recommend this DVD and all of Craig's work. Very professional and high caliber. If you enjoy coin work, or want to immerse yourself with some great routines and learn some sleights, this is the way to go.

Joe
Message: Posted by: Xcath1 (Aug 30, 2008 09:01PM)
I have the DVD, very nice. From the ads and talk on the video, it sounds as if there is a section just with pertinent sleights. I have not found such a section. Thanks
Message: Posted by: Kevin Wiese (Aug 30, 2008 11:14PM)
[quote]
On 2008-08-30 22:01, Xcath1 wrote:
I have the DVD, very nice. From the ads and talk on the video, it sounds as if there is a section just with pertinent sleights. I have not found such a section. Thanks
[/quote]

I use Windows Media Player to watch the DVD. From the list panel, go to Title 1, Chapters 12-19. You'll find the sleights section there. Hope that helps. Send me a PM if you have more problems.
Message: Posted by: Craig Petty (Aug 31, 2008 07:18PM)
Thanks, Guys.

You're making me blush!!!!

Happy Split Coining (if that's a word!)

Craig
Message: Posted by: Kevin Wiese (Aug 31, 2008 09:12PM)
Happy Coin Splitting....
Splitters...
Starting to sound like a scene from [i]Life of Brian[/i].
Message: Posted by: Xcath1 (Sep 1, 2008 08:30AM)
Sure, this is an old, generic issue, but when producing the coins at the start of the 3-Fly routine, especially using Kennedy halves, it seems impossible not to have the coins "talk". Maybe it does not matter in a noisy environment.
Message: Posted by: Nico Zottos (Sep 9, 2008 09:41PM)
Hey Craig I have a question for you......A few months ago, before knowing about split coin, I purchased SuperCoin because of a few of my friends had it and I liked it a lot. Recently, I found split coin. Now here's the thing. I am happy with supercoin and I am not in the financial position to purchase split coin. I heard both were similar so heres the question: Will the routines on Split Happens work with SuperCoin? By the sounds of it, this DVD has a lot of good stuff on here and Kennedy's DVD's aren't that full of info. I would love to do more routines with SuperCoin. So, is it possible??

Thanks!
Nico Zottos
Message: Posted by: Kevin Wiese (Sep 9, 2008 10:24PM)
[quote]
On 2008-09-09 22:41, Nico Zottos wrote:
......Will the routines on Split Happens work with SuperCoin?[/quote]

Nick,

Yes, the routines will work with SuperCoin.
Message: Posted by: Nico Zottos (Sep 10, 2008 06:25AM)
Great. Thanks a lot, Kevin.

-Nico
Message: Posted by: Craig Petty (Sep 11, 2008 09:11AM)
[quote]
On 2008-09-01 09:30, Xcath1 wrote:
Sure, this is an old, generic issue, but when producing the coins at the start of the 3-Fly routine, especially using Kennedy halves, it seems impossible not to have the coins "talk". Maybe it does not matter in a noisy environment.
[/quote]

Hi there

Sorry for the late reply. I have been working very hard recently and have not had much time to get on the Café.

Anyway, I perform that routine with silver coins (walking liberties to be specific). This means that the talking is not an issue as soft silver coins make little noise. If you are having problems Garrett Thomas has a great solution in his 3 DVD set from L & L. Using his technique you can produce the coins from this same position without any talking at all. Another option would be to produce the coins from edge grip or finally skip the production all together and go straight into the main routine.

If you want more advise on specifics pm me and I would be happy to help.

Craig
Message: Posted by: Craig Petty (Sep 11, 2008 09:12AM)
[quote]
On 2008-09-09 22:41, Nico Zottos wrote:
Hey Craig I have a question for you......A few months ago, before knowing about split coin, I purchased SuperCoin because of a few of my friends had it and I liked it a lot. Recently, I found split coin. Now here's the thing. I am happy with supercoin and I am not in the financial position to purchase split coin. I heard both were similar so heres the question: Will the routines on Split Happens work with SuperCoin? By the sounds of it, this DVD has a lot of good stuff on here and Kennedy's DVD's aren't that full of info. I would love to do more routines with SuperCoin. So, is it possible??

Thanks!

Nico Zottos
[/quote]


Looks like Kevin got there first!!!!

Let me know what you think when you get the DVD.

Thanks for your interest

Craig
Message: Posted by: Nico Zottos (Oct 5, 2008 12:40AM)
Craig,

Just got the DVD. . .I have to say I love it. It is so much better than the Kennedy DVD's with a few basic effects on them. Split Happens has a lot of clever, well thought out routines and are taught in extreme detail. My favorite would have to be the one with the sticker prediction. I performed it at a restaurant tonight and it killed. I definitely will use these routines. Thanks for putting out such a great DVD.

Nico
Message: Posted by: dsalley13 (Nov 13, 2008 01:27PM)
[quote]

....Anyway, I perform that routine with silver coins (walking liberties to be specific). This means that the talking is not an issue as soft silver coins make little noise....

Craig
[/quote]

Craig,

Can a person get your split coin as a Liberty half dollar? I don't want to have you reveal anything, but I thought these coins were only for use with Kennedy halves?

I saw a demo of you working the coins and the Liberty halves sounded perfect. A nice dull, almost imperceptible "thud" when they hit each other. I always wondered if I could get your Split coin in the Liberty style. Advice appreciated please.

dsalley13
Message: Posted by: jordanl (Nov 13, 2008 02:11PM)
Contact World magic shop, they can supply the split as a Walking Liberty.