(Close Window)
Topic: Colour
Hello. simple question- what colour of waistcoat and bow tie or cummerbund and bow tie for this suit and shirt???
Simon
You really shouldn't be wearing a waistcoat with a suit that wasn't explicitly made to be a three piece suit nor should you be wearing a cummerbund if it is not a tuxedo.

Black on black can be very difficult to pull off well, but if that is important to you, the best suited bow tie would probably be black as well.

Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto did some excellent all black collections so I'd recommend looking him up for inspiration.
Red also looks alright, and I've worn silver, with black on black. I pulled it off with flying colours, you might just have by trial and error.
Does your stage set (tables, backdrop, etc.) have a color theme? If so, it might be nice to tie into that.
Simon
I have a collection of sequened vests (waistcoats) that I wear, most times without a tie.

The great danton
I would never wear red, because in my opinion it is the color worn mostly by big fat women.

Ken
I like the way you think presenting the total image.

Natanel
I'm afraid I will never measure up to your standards.
[quote]
On 2008-09-16 07:59, Al Angello wrote:

Natanel
I'm afraid I will never measure up to your standards.
[/quote]

Al: My budget doesn't really let me measure up to my own standards either, lol! Don't worry you are still well ahead of so many tacky magicians that are a never-ending source of frustration to me.
I have a very nice red bow tie, I think it's all about "how" you wear it. I wouldn't wear a red vest... But at Christmas, the red tie looks fine.

Are you calling yourself a fat lady, Al? I couldn't help but notice you are wearing red in your picture. =P

Nathanel,
What are some of the sites you visit for ideas/guidance on your fashion journey?

Danton
For shopping yoox.com is a wonderful site that discounts a lot of last season and overstock designer items. Eluxury.com is good as well.

I frequent some fashion forums like styleforum.net which are very helpful too.
Thanks a lot, I'll take a look at those.
[quote]
On 2008-09-05 11:52, baal wrote:
Hello. simple question- what colour of waistcoat and bow tie or cummerbund and bow tie for this suit and shirt???
Simon
[/quote]

There's only one vest that would look great with that outfit - a Color Change Vest!!! :)) LOL! ;-)
Stop with the SOLID BLACK already!
AGREED.

I would like to see, Black shirt, OTHER color jacket, or Black jacket OTHER color shirt. I have worn black on black as said before, but it was also for a themed show (don't know if I mentioned that before), I now wear a white shirt, and colorful tie when I wear my black jacket. Unless I am doing a formal show, in which case it's the tails and white tie for me.

With the right twist I suppose it could be pulled off, but it's being done too much now.
OK Mr. Danton
I wear red shirts, ties, suspenders, but only as an accent color. I would never wear a red hat, jacket, or pants (shoes maybe). Actually most of the time I wear blue, yellow, or purple with black pants, hat, shoes, and socks.
I see... so as long as it's a shirt, tie, or braces, red is okay?

I wouldn't be caught dead in red pants.. and only if the shoes were converse All stars, but I'd probably wear white ones of those.. so.. I think I agree with you on that. =P
Whats wrong with red pants?
Well, I have a friend who thinks it's okay to wear tight women's snakeskin pants (well, I say a friend, what I mean is, I know and work with...).

I'm afraid he has forever turned me against red pants.

I'm however, in the market for a burgundy velvet dinner jacket. It's not what you think Al, I just want it for Halloween! I promise! =P