(Close Window)
Topic: Spirit Bell
Gotta save up a few pennies still but you can bet I'm planning on buying Tim Wisseman's new "Spirit Bell". If it's anything like his "Spirit Telegraph", I'm sure to be more than happy with it. This guy's creativity flat out blows me away.

It's on the Hocus Pocus site.
This looks good any comments

Paul
After seeing the quality of his work with butchers blade which was simply outstanding, I'm looking at this piece very seriously but need a solid routine first. I'd say it would be the best available especially at that price. I was told the bell is aged beautifully, the glassed looking antiqued and it is assembled in front of the spectators. It certainly looks non gimmicked and apparently can be controlled from quite a distance. This guys work is the best I've seen for some years when it comes to these type of effects. Very impressive.
Is this the same as the GHOST BELL by Tom Yurasits?
Just wondering , because the spirit bell is a lot cheaper in price.
Nope...this is a different item altogether.
Tim's "Dead Ringer" is over the top brilliant. Thin aged wooden stand, rusty metal pole to hang the bell upon, totally dainty antique looking glass bell, cryptic documents, all comes in one of Tim's famous aromatic buried boxes.

Nothing is suspect. Spectator can assemble it themselves out of the box! Handle the bell...no problems. They will handle it gently as it is obviously an antique.

Rings like a charm triggered much like the telegraph.

Learn to tell a good story and this bell will seal the deal.

Highest recommendation here.
Thanks Eddie! I already have butcher´s blade and I loved it. With this precedent and your recommendation, that bell will be my next target.
I have Tim's "Dead Ringer." Just got it today (Monday). I have just got through playing with it and, for those who have a spirit telegraph or other products by Tim, you already know the quality of his products, and this is no exception. It comes in an aged box, a little different than the telegraphs. The bell itself as mentioned by Eddie above is absolutely normal and old looking - nothing suspicious about anything because, well, there's nothing suspicious about it. Spectators can literally put it together and there is nothing to find.

The bell moves and rings from several rooms away in my house. I had both this and the telegraph going at the same time and it was quite eerie looking/sounding. Since I have yet to put this into my show - it will be used on Halloween however!, I can't do audience reaction but going by what the telegraph's reactions have been I see this being equally as strong - and believe me, reactions have been strong to the telegraph!

Overall, from a first impression I am very impressed with both the look and workings of the "dead ringer." By the way, it also comes with beautiful aged pages of a diary type entries that you could also use in your performance if you so desire.

Highly recommended.
Chad
Hello,

Thanks for the positive comments about Dead Ringer. Hocus Pocus is extremely proud to be able to offer this to the magic community. This has been one of the biggest selling items we have had this year. Tims work is second to none when it comes to quality, reliability and workmanship.

For those of you that might be interested in obtaining one before Halloween, we have great news. Tim was able to bring a small supply of Dead Ringer to us this afternoon. You could have one just in time for Halloween night. If your interested please contact me directly at Hocus Pocus.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Chad, Thank you for the nice review/ comment.

Sounds very good.

Is it possible to see the prop in action? Probably a small demo vid.

Thanks.

:xmas:
I purchased "Dead Ringer" from Hocus-Pocus Magic several weeks ago. I only wish I had invented it. It is beautiful and works great! My routine briefly consists of telling the story of the last real Houdini seance that Bess Houdini attended in 1936, where she made her final attempt to contact Houdini, who had passed away 10 years earlier. I highly recommend "Dead Ringer".
What is the size of the transmitter?
The transmitter is the size of a small matchbox, it has a t** sw**** on a 16 inch wire. You control the thing hands free.

Tim
Tim, This sounds awesome!
Well, this year I'll be using the S telegraph but now I got something to look forward to for next year's seance to unleash
The t** sw**** works great with both my telegraph and my dead ringer from across the house ( and it will operate both at the same time if you wish). I do a similar routine as Dick mentioned above about Houdini and his wife's quest to contact him after his death with the telegraph. Also, I had a slight problem with my telegraph when I got it and Tim is great to work with - he quickly sent me a replacement one to use before I sent mine back so I wouldn't have to change my shows or lose an effect! Very nice - the new one works perfectly and he truly stands behind his products! I believe I remember him saying in the instructions for the spirit telegraph that he will fix it for up to a year and then afterwards as well for a small shipping/maintenance fee! You can't get any better than that!

The bell is proudly on display on top of my computer desk as a conversation piece until it goes into my shows! As you just heard from Paul at Hocus Pocus - they have a few in so my advise would be to go and take advantage while the gettin's good!

I've almost convinced myself to also get the butcher's blade - not because I'll use it in my shows, but just because it looks so stinkin' cool - these props help to set the atmosphere. As a matter of fact, I rank Tim's products right alongside Outlaw's for quality aging and creepiness. Both of them, Tim and Outlaw, are people that I would buy stuff from even just to collect them - and when you combine the routines - well, you can have people running away from you! Luna and Spirit Telegraph! Heck yeah!

Chad
I have been helping a friend of mine put together a Paranormal/Spook show to tie in with the Ghost tours in Charleston, SC and he uses dead ringer with GREAT success! He will actually be promoting his show on Halloween on a local TV talk show and will be performing Dead Ringer. I will see if he minds if I post the performance on YouTube for you guys to see.
[quote]
On 2008-10-29 12:59, WayneCapps wrote:
I have been helping a friend of mine put together a Paranormal/Spook show to tie in with the Ghost tours in Charleston, SC and he uses dead ringer with GREAT success! He will actually be promoting his show on Halloween on a local TV talk show and will be performing Dead Ringer. [b][i]I will see if he minds if I post the performance on YouTube for you guys to see.[/i][/b]
[/quote]

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Tim has brought The Spirit Bell into the modern age, eliminating the drawbacks of previous methods (body-hidden extra bells, threads, mechanics, etc.) Absolutely lovely, especially when the clapper itself is actually doing the bell-ringing. And examinable to boot? AND (pretty much) self contained? Fantastic.

Well worth the loot,as you can tell from the above comments...as is all of Tim's work. This one is a solid investment. If you think you need one, you do. If you think you'd use this in the future, get one now, they ain't gonna ever get cheaper.
How loud is the sound of the bell? Does the bell move once or several times or just sound? I wish there was a video of this.
Lou...the bell can tinkle softly or gain momentum and ring rather soundly.

You have control of how active or spirited the spirit is.

Highest recommendation here.

If you have need for this effect...then this is practically a gift from Tim and Hocus Pocus at this price.

It is a true art piece in design.
I don't have his Spirit Bell yet but I do have several other Tim effects, all of which are favorites of mine and look like nothing else out there. Totally unique designs, hand-crafted with obvious affection and always under-priced! The guy is a genius.

There's more...I did recently have some minor repair issues with one Tim product. I sent it to Tim who didn't just repair it...he totally re-built it! Does anyone out there stand by their work to that degree? I was flabbergasted. I was well beyond any reasonable warranty time and yet he still basically gave me a brand new version.

If Tim made it, you can't lose. I don't have to own the Spirit Bell (although I eventually will!)to know it's a winner.
I'll try to post a quick video of me using the telegraph and spirit bell within the next couple of days - once halloween is over I'll have a day of downtime!
Here's a quick video of me using the Spirit Telegraph and Dead Ringer. This is Halloween night between visitors. You can see both working at the same time - there is some background music but you can still hear them both pretty well I think.

Here is the link: let me know if it doesn't work!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7321824203724788660&hl=en

Enjoy!
Chad
I have seen Dead Ringer and it floors those who see it. Made a local television celebrity literally jump on live TV during a Halloween show.

Mark. :fear:
I had a teacher today almost run out of the room when she saw the S. Telegraph. The students thought it was awesome however! :) When I say almost ran out of the room, she did leave at a very brisk walk/trot.

I contacted Houdini at least 4 times in a couple different ways - it being the anniversay of his death and all! :)
Yep, my spirit telegraph made its way into my seance yesterday too - once you own one you just CAN'T NOT use it!!!!!

I used it earlier in the week for a show for some 16-24 year olds - but it was the 30-50 year olds yesterday that were more terrified... the youth just found it great and fun.... (well, it was a "light" seance for them)...

OK, spirit bell next!
Here is another video - it's not as plain and up close, but it shows a little of what we did on Halloween for the trick or treaters. My wife never got down the stairs like she did in the video - by the time she got across the top everyone had ran away. I had the camera on night vision for that part - we taped it between visitors.

Enjoy:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4163153609446793006

Yep Doc, if you wanted you could send everyone running with the telegraph. I prefer a little lighter presentation though, but usually someone still leaves anyway. Of course, on Halloween all bets are off!
I will add my name to the list of satisfied customers here. And I will also attest to Tim's customer service. Unfortunately our seance got cancelled this year due to the fact that I threw out my back and was laid up, dammit! But we will be offering a short run of spirit shows at the start of the new year and Tim's SB will definitely be added.
I would aldo like to add -- for those of you who always think 'I'd better have a back-up just in case' -- you should consider Michael's Fraughton's wonderful Spirit Glass, which is what we have used in our shows up to now. I will continue to use it, as well. It is one of my favorite seance effects and its simplicity cannot be beat. It is also low-tech. But Tim's Bell is fantastic and if you don't get one soon, they will be all gone and you will be left whimpering in the dark....
Hello,

Dead Ringer Video Demo posted on the Hocus Pocus website this afternoon. Be sure to check it out http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?product=10658 .

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Thank you for the Demo Vid. It looks good.

I was more interested to see how high the bell is from the wooden base (gap between the Bell & the base top). This was important for me. The picture didn't give a clear idea. I see that the distance is a good 1 inch (approx).

I'm sold! On my purchase list.

[quote]
On 2008-11-06 15:54, Paul Gross wrote:
Hello,

Dead Ringer Video Demo posted on the Hocus Pocus website this afternoon. Be sure to check it out http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?product=10658 .

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
[/quote]

If the above link does not work, try this:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=45980687

The Dead Ringer is an amazingly detailed and beautiful illusion. It pulls you in and allows you to create a story that chills and mystifies. It is awesome!
-Matt Sconce
I was thinking of getting this to use in a revamped Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper (by Docc Hilford) seance, to utilize instaed of a phone ringing.

But, will the bell be able to ring out 3 individual 'dings' (or maybe 4 'dings')?

By watching the videos, it seems that once the bell starts to ring, the amount of 'dings' cannot be controlled. Yes or no?

Also, is the mechanism in the bell's clapper? I'm hoping that it is, that way if the glass bell is accidentally broken, maybe the clapper can be replaced into a new bell.

Sorry for all of the questions.
Hello Marqus,

Please contact me directly at Hocus Pocus Toll Free 1-800-407-4040 and I will be happy to give you all the candid details about the Dead Ringer.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
[quote]
On 2008-11-06 19:24, Ustaad wrote:
Thank you for the Demo Vid. It looks good.

I was more interested to see how high the bell is from the wooden base (gap between the Bell & the base top). This was important for me. The picture didn't give a clear idea. I see that the distance is a good 1 inch (approx).

I'm sold! On my purchase list.

[/quote]

The distance is definitely good. I have handled this and love it. I should be getting it as well in the upcoming weeks. It is high quality. It will floor people. I love the fact it is hands free and haunting. I also love the story behind it.
I am now the very proud owner of Tim's Spirit Bell - Dead Ringer and it is an amazing piece of magick!

I have to admit that when I saw and heard that bell ring for the very first time it was a beautful thing!!! A very large grin formed on my face as I knew I now owned an amazing piece of magick that was different than anything else I have ever experienced!

The ideas, routines and usage just got stronger and stronger every time the bell rang. What a beautiful effect Tim has created and the craftsmanship is just breathtaking. The box, papers and the elegant little glass bell makes it a bizarre masterpiece to the tenth degree!

As a working bizarrist, I can honestly say that this is by far the most amazing spirit bell I have ever seen. Nothing else even comes close. I can't wait to add it into my act as soon as possible.

Tim, this effect of yours is absolutely amazing in every way.

I would like to add that I finally had a chance to meet Tim for the first time at Hocus-Pocus last week when I was lecturing there and both he and Paul are amazing dudes!!! Absolutely wonderful people!

If anyone out there is thinking of adding Tim's Dead Ringer spirt bell to their seance/spook/spirit show, please do yourself the favour of a lifetime and pick this one up. You will be making one of the best investments in your life as a magical performer.

10 stars out of 10 on this one all the way.

Well done Tim,

Regards,
Tony Chris
Congratulations Tony.

And [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7N5qO1rCVQ&feature=channel_page][b]HERE[/b][/url] is a nice routine with a Spirit Bell, Spirit Slates and a Stooge (probably?).

P.S. The language is Japanese but one can easily understand the routine.
That video was awesome - thanks for posting the link Ustaad!
Yup, got to agree with Chad on this one.

Very cool video indeed Ustaad.

Tony
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Aug 28, 2009 01:49PM)
Ustaad
Thanks for posting that video. It was really cool!

Never thought of using the bell to call on the to help with an effect. LOL
It has my brain working now! LOL

Ray
He got to them a bit, didn't he? And look at the difficulty under bright, flashing lights. I wish we knew his name.
He got to them a bit, didn't he? And look at the difficulty under bright, flashing lights. I wish we knew his name.
Like so many other discussion I am late to the party - and I like this spirit bell. Does anyone know anything about tom yurasits - Ghost bell?

http://www.tomyurasitsproductions.com/products.html

Does Anyone have this effect?

This looks quite innocent.