(Close Window)
Topic: Alexander de Cova
On another site-www.magicvideodepot.com I was impressed with a couple of vanishes.
A video by Alexander de Cova was referred to,
namely "Munzen leicht gemacht" this translates into - Coins made easy.

a) Is anyone familiar with this
b) Is it any good
c) Is an English version available.
d) Where can I get it.

Howard

Hmm!
No replies.
Does this mean no-ones heard of the guy or just that there is better stuff out there?

Howard
Oh no, I've heard of him. I saw him lecture in Belgium. The guy is great. He showed me some of the best uses for the muscle palm as a utility, that I've seen. Also, his chop stick sponge ball vanish is eye popping.
I'm just not familiar with the video you're asking about.
Eric Grossman
Me either. But I think Alexander DeCova is awesome. His "Treasures" videos series is packed with all kinds of good stuff.
I have the videos. They are two volumes. Volume one teaches you some basic sleights (5 palms, 13 vanishes, 5 multiple coin vanishes, and 5 switches). Alexander de Cova is really good at all these sleights and teaches them very well.
Volume 2 contains eight more or less classic coin routines (chink a chink, coins through the table, expansion of texture). I have both videos and I recommend them. I guess it would be no great problem to watch them in German. The pictures alone transport most of what you would want to get from these videos.

Frank
Frank,
Thanks for the info. Could you have a look at the demos on http://www.magicvideodepot.com-a
couple of vanishes on video clip submitted by Denis Behr-and let me know what type of vanish they are? I am completely astounded by them, they look amazing.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Howard
Hi Howard,

well the Clips are already named like the sleight!

They are retention vanishes! If you like the STuff you should check out Denis' site
http://www.denisbehr.de
Denis posts on this forum as well!

Greetings from Germany

Stefan
Hi Howard,

Dennis Behr performs the sleights perfectly. He does a better job than Alexander de Cova himself! In this case, it is not in the moves, it is in the performer. So don't expect too much from the videos. It must have been an awful lot of practice for Dennis Behr to master the sleights that well. The retention vanish is only one of many vanishes explained on the tape. Most of the other vanishes are not that visual, but still good. Dennis Behr has taken the most startling vanish of them all and has gone miles to master it. Don't get me wrong - I still recommend the tapes from AdC. He is the most popular magic teacher in Germany. If you watch a German magician perform, you can bet that there is at least one trick in the show that was taken from one of his videos.

Frank