(Close Window)
Topic: Marked deck
I used to have a deck that contained white letters next to the angel on the bike that translated into the value and suit of the card for really quick and deceptive markings. I realize one could make these themselves with rub on transfers, if I could find transfers this color and size.
Q: Does anyone know the name or manufacturer of this deck or where the transfers can be found for sale.

Thanx
It's the Ted Lesley deck. You can get the deck already made up, or get the transfers and make your own. There are several threads about it here on the MC; use the "Search" function and you'll find 'em.
The transfers are produced by Martin Breese, and are available at some magic shops. I get mine from the Cuckoo's Nest in Pittsburgh.
Thank you gentlemen.
One thing to keep in mind with that style deck is that you need a full view of the card back and that marking system is not as subtle as others.

If that is a concern, check out the ULTIMATE MARKED DECK. Very subtle, only need corner peek and it is not very noticable in a riffle test.

Boris Wild's deck is also nice in that you only need a side view - not as riffle proof however.
[quote]If that is a concern, check out the ULTIMATE MARKED DECK. Very subtle, only need corner peek and it is not very noticable in a riffle test. [/quote]
Hey Mark, can the cards be identified from any corners?
Top left + bottom right corners...
As Flekka mentioned, you read the top left or bottom right corner.

The nice thing is you can get a full read on a typical fan!

The marking is very discreet.
In some cases you can get the transfers from the better art supply stores. I am not talking about a Michael's or AC Moore.. but a real art supply store. In the more retail style stores it seems they do not carry the smaller sizes int he transfers.

I believe in Ted Lesly's book PARAMIRACLES he states using a pt 6 size in white transfer letters.

Eddy
I believe the Pro-M may be the one you're looking for. Pretty bold, but can be read at much further a distance than the Ultimate Marked Deck. I have used it in close-up for years and never been detected (that I know of...) I would take it over the Ultimate Marked Deck any day.
If you are looking to read marks from a distance...stick with Juice or Luminous technology for marked cards.
I would agree with expert magician. Nothing can beat a subtly juice marked deck of cards. With such a deck one can relax and sink back into a chair whilst reading the top card on the tabled deck a few feet away. :) I have managed to hand mark a red Bee deck for suit and for value. I sometimes have fun placing the deck in Aronson stack order with a short end scallop for the top card JS so that I can cut it back to the top after a purposefully messy false haymow shuffle. I then make several false cuts which retain the stack order.

Juicing does however take time and patience to get it 'just right'.The marks can -with practice- be read reliably and properly juiced cards can be closely examined in the hand by a lay person and it will always be the case that absolutely nothing will be found.