(Close Window)
Topic: Dan Wolfe Smoky Mountain Magic
I just received a custom prop for one of our dogs from Smoky Mountain Magic. When I first contacted Dan to explain what I was looking for his first concern was for the dog and its safety. Dan suggested Lexan rather than plexi. Even though Dan had never built this prop before he was willing to take on the challenge. His attention to detail and creative input resulted in a prop that is built to last and look good on stage. Dan went above and beyond coming up with many improvements to make the prop better and easier to present. There were frequent e-mails and phone calls updating me on the progress of his work. He even sent pictures as the prop was being built making sure it was what I was looking for. It was a pleasure working with Dan and I would highly recommend him for all of your magical needs.
I've seen his work.it's really neat.
Though I didn't purchase a large item from Dan, he made a few different "tweaks" to a product he had already had in house... Needless to say, it turned out absolutely beautiful and I highly recommend Dan's work! He is a heck of a guy and one of the most honest and straight-forward illusion builders out there!

-Bryan
Message: Posted by: Christopher Starr (Sep 22, 2008 08:04PM)
Dan is the man!
Made my Modern Art, shown on his site, get comments on it all the time. Great builder and guy.
Nice to hear positives about builders. I wish we could post more of this type of thing instead of "trying " to get information out the lesser business people and builders.

Richard
Dan is a great guy with some amazing ideas. I've worked on a couple of small projects with him and he's always been fast to reply. His knowledge of building and materials is a valuable resource. I'm glad I can rely on his services.

Steve
Dan has custom built almost every illusion in our show...the quality is wonderful...and he keeps you posted every step of the way...

Cody S. Fisher
I've only met Dan a few times (he's a member of my IBM ring (355), but hes so busy he doesn't come to many meetings). the 1st thing I noticed about him was his sense of humor. he's a cool guy, and he knows his stuff.
Dan is a great guy, and a true genius when it comes to building. We are fortunate to have him in our ring. And actually Ewok, Dan never misses an IBM meeting. I think he may have missed 1 in the last year or so. If anyone out there needs a prop, Smoky Mt. Magic is the place to go to.
Dan has built over two dozen props for me. He is fantastic!
Well I need to jump in here and do some complimenting too. My son, Devon and I went this weekend to pick up his Mini-Kub-Zag from Dan and it is a beautiful prop.

Dan and I started emailing back and forth in late October and he was always quick to respond, even with him not knowing if we were going to purchase or not. We probably emailed back and forth for a month before we officially ordered…and boy did I have some dumb questions. (At least looking back through the emails the questions seem dumb now).

To be honest, I was really surprised that Dan was THAT understanding of my lack of magical knowledge. (See, I’m still learning this magic world from my son and the magicians that surround him) We (Devon and I) would have an idea for design or something and I would communicate it to Dan as best I could and he would come through with an answer that was easy for me to understand. He even made a suggestion or two about our design that made the look waay better. Sometime I’ll tell you the difference between Yellow, Gold, and “Sparkly Yellow”.

Seriously, Dan is a great guy who does great work. He was super-nice to Devon and Me when we showed up at his shop. Devon can’t wait to get this MKZ on the stage. We’ll certainly be looking toward Smoky Mountain Magic for the next addition to Devon’s show.

Thanks Dan, you’re the best.
[img]http://www.magicofdevon.com/images/DevonsMKZsmall.JPG[/img]
I love the cartoon
That looks so awesome...
Wow! I am not really a fan of the mini Kube-zag, but that has to be one of the best I've seen! It looks amazing! Congrats on the prop dude!
Greg:

What a Dad! To spend that kind of money to support your son's interests...you are the king! Great looking prop that will greatly enhance Devon's future performances.

Now email Jack Murray for an ata case for that prop. He's got the dimensions. ;)

Chris

P.S. - I love the picture of Devon beside the prop, which is taller than he is! Most performers don't have that problem! :)
[quote]
On 2009-02-08 12:09, Christopher Starr wrote:
Greg:

What a Dad! To spend that kind of money to support your son's interests...you are the king! Great looking prop that will greatly enhance Devon's future performances.

Now email Jack Murray for an ata case for that prop. He's got the dimensions. ;)

Chris

P.S. - I love the picture of Devon beside the prop, which is taller than he is! Most performers don't have that problem! :)
[/quote]

Indeed lol, wish I had a dad like him!
I have several ATA cases from Jack. Great cases and great prices.

Best,
[quote] What a Dad! To spend that kind of money to support your son's interests...you are the king! Great looking prop that will greatly enhance Devon's future performances. [/quote]

I'm about as supportive as any dad can be. As long as he stays out of trouble and gets DECENT, not perfect, I'm satisfied with decent grades, I'll follow him and help him along anyway I can. If I can't help, I try to put him in hands that can. That's why I'm here so much.

However, The money spent on this prop was HIS money. I won't get into the details other than to say, he was in a car wreck back in the summer...and this is what he wanted to do with part of the money. Dad can't afford to spend that kind of $$$.
Lets just say it is nice to see the support that you give your son. You are a class A dad. don't change!!!!

Best,
[quote]
On 2009-02-08 15:16, The Mirror Images wrote:
Lets just say it is nice to see the support that you give your son. You are a class A dad. don't change!!!!

Best,
[/quote]

Thanks a Bunch! That really means a lot.
Need to compliment on Dan Wolf for his caring & great customer service! :)

I ordered the BBbox with custom banner & shipped by Fedex....opps, Fedex guy really 'rough' on the package...when the package arrived in Singapore, the outer box has broken ends :(

BUT! Dan was so kind he helped me to replace a NEW box FOC...well, this is really rare especially the fault lies with Fedex guys, the custom cartoon graphic is really nice too, you can rest assured you will get the BEST product & GREAT customer service from Smoky Mountain Magic! :)

2 thumbs up! :)
Dan will never leave you high and dry. If there's a problem with your prop he's there to help. His commitment to customer satisfaction goes well beyond the date of delivery. He's not just a great builder, he's a great guy, and I don't say that about people unless I believe it!
Just a quick update: I just received my Dovided -- one of Dan's new creations for sawing a dove in half. Very funny routine. I tell you, the man is fantastic to work with. I hope he sticks around for a very long time because a) his work is impeccable, and b) his commitment to customer satisfaction extends far beyond the delivery date of the prop. As magicians we need to do what we can to keep guys like Dan around, and the best way to do that is to give him your business. The next time you need a top-quality prop, contact him first and see if he has what you're looking for.
Hiow about his doves to bunny does he make a bigger one for six doves has any one ordered this .
Yes...let's keep Dan around...GREAT stuff...

Cody S. Fisher
Dan can make a doves to rabbit to accomidate 6 dove. Just call him! Super easy to get in contact with.

Gordon,
Glad you like the dovided! I love doing mine...
Yes he is a geat guy , ill be ordering from him soon .
Although I have never ordered from Dan personally, I hear nothing but good things about him.
While I don't have any of Dan's larger illusions, I do own a few of his products. Whenever I've had questions on performance or routine ideas, he's been very quick to reply, and very thorough. He's been just as helpful on a $20 product (Loaves and Fishes) as he has with a more expensive piece like the Pop Gun.

Great customer service!

Doug
Recently had the pleasure of visiting Smokey Mountain magic and met Dan in person. It was great talking with someone just as fixated on magic. I purchased his rabbit cannon and a cfew other goodies. He gave me a tour of the shop and he is just simply a natural at what he does.