(Close Window)
Topic: TV Magic Cards
I was really amased by the commercials of the TV Magic Cards in the past. I will never forget those days.
Exactly how much did you amass anyway?
The whole deck for many years. When they worn out, I let them go and bought more.
You are a riot, Mike. I do remember all those commercials, I bet I knew at least two dozen kids who got them. I don't recall a single one of those who went any further with magic.
Give them my E-mail so I can be their mentor. :)
Is a dificult work be a mentor.

John
[quote]
On 2008-10-02 18:59, Dynamike wrote:
I was really amazed by the commercials of the TV Magic Cards in the past. I will never forget those days.
[/quote]

Marshall Brodein was not the first to put the Svengali Deck on TV. I remember seeing them advertised in Baltimore in the 1950's on a black and white 10" screen TV with rabbit ears. Brodein however was the most successful by cleverly calling them "TV Magic Cards" and by the time he promoted them, practically everyone had access to television. Be thankful that the 17 millions or so who bought the cards did not all get into magic on a permanent basis or you would have to take a number to post here.
Nobody ever said Marshall Brodien was the first to sell Svengali decks on TV.
[quote]
On 2008-11-27 01:44, Bill Palmer wrote:
Nobody ever said Marshall Brodien was the first to sell Svengali decks on TV.
[/quote]

Most of the younger crowd here in the Café though believe Brodein invented the Svengalia Deck, even though Burling Hull deserves the credit.

I will PM you an interesting anecdote about TV Magic Cards Bill.
TV Magic cards are back in stock at Penguin: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15358

Could you find a better gag box to use with a normal deck?