(Close Window)
Topic: What's David Blaine been up to?
I'm just curious. There seems to be a lack of information about what he's been doing since his "Vertigo" special. Is he simply taking a break, or conjuring up another special? Or something else? Any information is greatly appreciated. :)
Kathryn Novak
Grammar Hostess
Message: Posted by: Heavens to Mercitroids (Apr 18, 2003 03:01AM)
I read a really off the wall interview with him a few months ago while searching magic sites on the web...I wish I could remember the site...anyway, he was talking about some of the things he had planned and some tricks he was working on. He also said he was planning a stage show, and had more specials coming. I also heard Howard Stern making fun of him a few weeks ago too, so he must be up to something!!!
I'm a big fan of his so any "inside" info on what he has in store would be appreciated.
What was Howard Stern saying about him? :)
I heard where he was working on a new TV special. One where He is killed and comes back to life after 3 days.
I REALLY hope this is not true. I don't think you compare yourself to GOD and pull a stunt such as that. That would really hurt Magic.
I was only asking because things have been really quiet since Vertigo. Too quiet.

Flourish Dude, do you remember where you heard that? I wish I had DB's cell phone #. That way, I could just call him and ask him. :rolleyes:
My prediction... He is preparing the next stunt's and it will be outside the U.S. and will deal with water...

He has played with the earth, the air... So only 2 left... water and fire.. I am pretty sure he will go with water, Because Copperfield did something with fire some time ago (So Badly presented IMO)

Nostada-kuffs says... "it will happen..." :)

Kuffs
Happy Easter

[url=http://groups.msn.com/DavidBlaineMagicMan/interviews.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=26327&LastModified=4675411288287305323]Click HERE[/url]

Lee
A few possibilities. Thanks, pyro, and happy Easter to you too. :)
Well he is around London at the moment, I haven't spoken to him since he has been here. He was at the club I do close-up in about a week ago but I wasn't in that night. When I spoke to him last year he mentioned the bridge stunt, he didn't say which bridge and he said concrete boots not lead.
[quote]
You've been quoted as saying that Jesus was a magician. Which of his miracles could you recreate?
[/quote]

On one episode it showed Jesus doing magic tricks. He turned a glass of water into a whole lot of funk. :bg: :bg: Hard to explain but, it has my vote for the best trick of the year.

Lee
I hope something a little more definite comes soon. It sounds like he just has a few ideas floating around in his head, at the moment.
After the disappointment of his last special, I urge him to take his time and give us something interesting this time.
You won't be disappointed with his next special. I am not at liberty to reveal what they are but Blaine will be doing some Killer Closeup effects you guys and gals haven't seen before. In fact some of the most original effects ever seen in closeup magic.

He has some big names in magic working with him to create new effects for the next special. I predict the next special will cause you to look at Blaine in a different light.

Like I said, I can't reveal my source, but I have it from the horses mouth and from people involved and the next Blaine special will be a killer show. That's all I can say so please no further questions as I can't reply to them. Just want you to know another special is currently in the works.

Devin
I think I'll stick with what's in the interview, magicbuilder. :)
He was at the nightclub I do close-up in again last week. I Need to catch him!!!
I was doing some magic and this guy said Blaine was down last Friday and he levitated on the table, not only that but he let him pass a menu under his feet while he did it. He is really into his levitatons, when I was at his after-party for his book signing nearly the only we talked about was what should he do when people ask him to levitate. He must have found something cool, menu under feet, WOW. If I can catch him next time he is down at the club I will ask what he is up to and post it here.
Interesting, another new levitation??
And the plot thickens. :lol:

UPDATE: July 28, 2003

Again, haven't heard anything on him since his Vertigo special. He seems to have mysteriously disappered from the public eye, for the time being.
Hi Kathryn,

Have you tried poking around http://www.davidblaine.com? You can sign up for his newsletter and drop him an email there.

I may be naieve but, who knows; you might just hear something back!

Chris S.
He will be shackled and thrown into some body of water in England. Magically he escapes. Heck I can do that, now all I need is a camera crew, and a producer!
I don't think David Blaine reads the email there- there must be a ton of it! But, I might give it a shot-just because I know darn well I miss 100% of the shots I don't take.
Hey, even if David doesn't read it someone who works for him might and bring you up to date.

I like your attitude; it won't cost anything to take a shot and, "who knows"...!
Dr. Zodiac- do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

I haven't been able to get around to emailing the site, but I will when I get the chance.
I thought Houdini covered most of these type of escapes from 1900-1926?
I Heard he just did this really cool illusion...

He made electricity disappear and put everyone on the east coast in the Dark...8-14-2004 :nana:

bb :firedevil:
Check out <allmagicguide.com> Talks about Blaines new plans....
According to today's NY Times, David is going to have himself suspended over the Thames River in London in a plexiglas box for 44 days with the clothes he's wearing, a blanket, some paper and a pen for writing and no food - only water. It goes on to mention how he'll deal with bodily functions, but I won't go into that here...

Chris
Yeah sorry guys I forgot this thread, as ChrisS said is seems he is no longer jmping . He will do it next month from the 5th I think?

:carrot:
Blaines latest stunt will be shown 24hrs a day live on sky digital TV in the UK. Its on for 6 weeks, but I can't really imagine watching it for all that time.

check out some more details here:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds11576.html
Just an extra note about a previous post of mine, I asked Blaine about the levitation thing. He said the guy was talking nonsense, he said if anyone tells me that they have seen him levitate tell them that he no longer does it in public. Also check 'A little Blaine update' for more info.
In case you don't know: Hi is coing to stay in class cube without eating for 44 days in ingland. btw- the cube is coing to be hanged on river thames.
:)
The latest news is that he's just cut off part of his ear as a pre-starvation publicity stunt. Here's the link to the news article on Sky.

[url=http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12757034,00.html]Sky Article Here[/url]

If it's true, they are welcome to borrow one of my strait-jackets for him! :)

James.
When is the next special suppose to be? Sorry if this already got answered.
This Friday, 8:30pm UK time.

He's going to be suspended in a perspex box above the river Thames in London for 44 days, with only water and a pee-tube. (He gets nappies/diapers, too!)

James.