(Close Window)
Topic: Richard Sanders Tagged...
TRAILER: http://www.sandersfx.com

"Hi Fellow Magis,

I am on my way to do a European lecture tour shortly but before I leave I wanted to let you guys know about my newest project due to release at the beginning of November.

TAGGED:

Here's the effect:
A card is selected and shuffled back into the pack.
The impossible begins to unfold...as you draw attention the the dog tag chain hanging around your neck. It is ordinary and ungimmicked. You begin to slowly wave the deck of cards around the dog tag chain...and then suddenly, the selected card leaps from the pack and impales itself onto the chain!

Now get ready for the best part. There are no slits
or tears in the card and the chain is solid.
The spectator can totally examine eveything.

The two objects are permanently linked.
This is an intellectual impossibility!

Included with the package:
Secret Gimmick
36" custom Dog Tag Chain
Full length instructional DVD that covers every angle and nuance of the effect.
Get a load of these Facts:

Use any deck
Use any dog tag chain
Totally examinable
Perfect closer to any card routine

Tagged will retail for $29.95 U.S.
Pre-release special: only $24.95
(valid until midnight Nov. 3rd, 2008)

Find out more and view the trailer here: http://www.sandersfx.com

Thank you for your continued support

Best Regards,

Richard Sanders
I got the e.mail as well Christopher.

I thought it's a magnet that attaches to it but then it's not as it stated no magnet! I do wonder if the card can be signed.

I must say, I m a big fan of him soon after getting Slow Burn and am pleased with other stuffs he released. This will be another creation from Richard Sanders.
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Oct 26, 2008 07:56AM)
This looks awesome! Knowing Sanders, this will be worth shelling out the cash.
It looks great! Thanks for the heads up on this Chris!

Stay safe brother,

Logan
Nice! I don't think it can be signed, but I like how it's permanently on the chain.
Yeah, I don't think it needs to be signed. Especially if it can be handed out for examination. I mean, you see thing thing just pop onto the chain. Why would anyone think dupe? They wouldn't.

This looks so strong. Really looking forward to it.
This is pleasantly sweet, Nice effect Richard! Cory
This looks great! Richard Sanders is gold. I love his releases, they are well thought out, real world workers and reset instantly. You always know he has actually performed his stuff forever and refined it again and again before he releases them. I just realized the other day I have three of his effects in my walkaround set and I don't add much to my bag a tricks anymore! There is too much out these days and it usually does not pass the smell test!
I love signed card effects, but when the revelation is this dramatic, the card doesn't have to be signed.

Anything Richard releases is audience tested and is gold to workers.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 26, 2008 10:56AM)
I do think it is very nice as well, Sanders is releasing a real gem of an effect, but it was originally created by Cameron Owen remember, as Sanders says himself. I think there was a Card thru Window that Ellusionist released that everyone kept saying was Dan Garcias, just because he was the guy who was on the DVD, and so the brains behind it got overshadowed. Not that Garcia was claiming it as his, and neither is Richard with this by any means, but just stating a fact people should take note of
[quote]
On 2008-10-26 11:56, Christopher Williams wrote:
I do think it is very nice as well, Sanders is releasing a real gem of an effect, but it was originally created by Cameron Owen remember, as Sanders says himself. I think there was a Card thru Window that Ellusionist released that everyone kept saying was Dan Garcias, just because he was the guy who was on the DVD, and so the brains behind it got overshadowed. Not that Garcia was claiming it as his, and neither is Richard with this by any means, but just stating a fact people should take note of
[/quote]

You're right. We often fail to see the real mastermind behind mind-blowing effects.
Hopefully, Sanders makes more emphasis on the real creator on the DVD.

I wish I could place pre-order, but Canadian dollar is weak right now.. ($1 Canadian = 78 cents US) so I will have to pass...
My order will be in soon! Extreme Burn then this! Richard has outdone himself.
This looks incredible!!!! Cannot wait for this!

Adam
When Richard Sanders speaks, I buy.

It's so nice to have a dependable magician who shares his ideas, or brings too light, older methods, and improves them.

Luckily, dog chains are a staple of my wardrobe. :)
On 2008-10-26 12:11, Thomas Kwon wrote:
[quote]
"Hopefully, Sanders makes more emphasis on the real creator on the DVD."
[/quote]

On Richard's website the VERY first line under "Effect" is "from the mind of Cameron Owen".... Seems clear to me, not sure what else one would expect to be done.

Best,
Bk
Another winner from Richard Sanders! Sweet!
Extreme Burn, Interlaced & now Tagged...

This guy must be every workers best friend

Soon my act will be the 'Richard Sanders Strolling' Show
[quote]
On 2008-10-26 14:46, bond19 wrote:

Soon my act will be the 'Richard Sanders Strolling' Show
[/quote]

Hahahaha!!
This year I'm going to end up living out of my car after spending all my money on awesome magic. I have to have this it looks amazing, nice work.
And my order is in! I'll write a review when it comes.
Amazing. Really amazing.
[quote]
On 2008-10-26 08:47, mrmuji wrote:

I thought it's a magnet that attaches to it but then it's not as it stated no magnet! I do wonder if the card can be signed.

[/quote]

I thought it was just a magnet or hook attachment in the back, but if you can really hand the chain and card out to examine, then it looks very impressive.
This looks great. My order is in!
This looks great. My order is in!
Being s I have all of richards other stuff.....my order is in as well!!!
Looks like another winner to me.

A different clever approach to "Tagged" by Shawn Farquhar.
Curse you Sanders for releasing even more amazing looking effects that I can't resist purchasing!!

[quote]On 2008-10-26 11:50, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I love signed card effects, but when the revelation is this dramatic, the card doesn't have to be signed.[/quote]

I agree with Chris and Cameron with regards to having the card signed. It doesn't look like the card can be signed. If it could I'm certain he would have performed it with a signed card in the video and it would also be mentioned in the ad. But as mentioned, when the revelation looks that spectacular and impossible it's not even necessary.
Here goes more money to Richard :)
[quote]
On 2008-10-27 06:54, mrlucky wrote:
Here goes more money to Richard :)
[/quote]

Agree, me too!
I don't even think twice when he releases a product anymore. Even when it's an effect that doesn't end up fitting with my repertoire, I still revel in its genius. This particular effect looks absolutely stunning, so I'm hoping that it will fit in with my performance style and repertoire. Now just waiting...
I have to agree with Brian. I usually hate when people post, "If X puts something out, you know it will be great." But in Richard's case, I have just about everything he has ever released and I honestly can't remember a single item that I was not thrilled with. In fact, I currently do 4 of his routines in my walk around set. He truly is one of my top three magicians. This new effect by Richard and Owen looks super visual. I perform in suits so this won't be much use for me in formal shows, but it looks so good, I'm going to have to pick this up for impromptu settings. I just hope it can be quickly reset.
I think this is a REALLY GREAT idea from Cameron Owen. If I'm correct in inducing the method, I think it CAN be done with a signed card. If you look at the way the chain is going through the card, you might deduce the method as well.

While the specs check the chain through card, you ditch the gimmick.

Awesome,
Greg Rostami
Anyone know if I have to wear the card on my neck BEFORE I start the trick? That is my deal breaker.

Also, why is Cameron Owen's name in such small font in Sander's website? I didn't know Cameron created the trick until someone mentioned it on here.
[quote]
On 2008-10-26 12:41, taller8 wrote:
When Richard Sanders speaks, I buy.

[/quote]

Boy, you said it all for me!
I think the card can be signed, but the handling would have to be a bit tighter and as others have mentioned, it's the type of effect that a signature is not really needed.

DVLKCC
I don't think you link a card on the chain around your neck and then have to switch the card, but then again, that's just my opinion.

If it's as smooth from start to finish, as the demo would lead you to believe, then Richard Sanders has another hit on his hands.

To me, it will boil down to how smooth everything is after the visual link, til the chained card is handed out.
I am most intrigued by the fact that this could be a good giveaway. As Steve says, if the visual link to the hand out is that smooth then I am sold. (I am buying it anyway).

I saw on Ebay that you can buy about 100 dog chains for about $24.
I'm a big Richard Sanders fan, but I have to ask...

Is the chain really threaded through the card? If so, then I don't see how a signed card can used.

And if not, then it's not really examinable, is it?

Robert
It appears like it truly is. Also it's examinable thus I highly doubt that you can have the card signed. Looks absolutely amazing though.
I think the card can be signed, but that should not be the selling point of this effect and would be one of the reasons it's not stated in the advert.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so and if I'm right, it would not be much trouble at all, if the solution I come up with is the method Richard is using.

I placed my order lastnight, so I will know soon enough.

Im liking this more by the minute.

Michael Dustman
Thanks for the info on the dog tags,im headed to ebay now.

Steve
[quote]
On 2008-10-27 14:00, DVLKCC wrote:
Anyone know if I have to wear the card on my neck BEFORE I start the trick? That is my deal breaker.
[/quote]

Nice try!
I like when Richard says: "This isn't just a card trick" at the end of the demo. LOL

Where does this man get his ideas?

That guy on e-bay will suddenly sell all his dog chains and will never know why. :bg:
Not that this effect needs it or Richard felt it even added something.... but I think in most cases in effects like these most ad copies can not resist stating "the card can even be signed" . The ad does not state that and I think if you could it would at least mention it. Personally I do not think it matters as the effect is so visual it stands on its own.
[quote]
On 2008-10-28 00:18, tdowell wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-10-27 14:00, DVLKCC wrote:
[/quote]

Nice try!
[/quote]

I really don't know what you were hinting at there. Thanks for playing.

I'll just wait until it comes out and ask a friend.
[quote]
On 2008-10-27 18:21, Steve Haynes wrote:
I think the card can be signed, but the handling would have to be a bit tighter and as others have mentioned, it's the type of effect that a signature is not really needed.

DVLKCC
I don't think you link a card on the chain around your neck and then have to switch the card, but then again, that's just my opinion.

If it's as smooth from start to finish, as the demo would lead you to believe, then Richard Sanders has another hit on his hands.

To me, it will boil down to how smooth everything is after the visual link, til the chained card is handed out.
[/quote]

I didn't say anything about switching cards. The way the demo video looks :
A) A force is involved
B) You wear the matching card around your neck and reveal it on the chain.

Since the card wasn't signed it leads me to believe that the card is worn around the neck before the trick begins. Which in of itself is my deal breaker. Who wants to wear a playing card around their neck all day? (exaggerating for the slow members)

I have most of Sanders FX tricks and they are worth every penny and them some. Richard is a really nice guy even though being Canadian and all. :) Heck, I'm going to go ahead and place the order.
If the card is worn around the next prior to doing the trick, then some serious video editing has been done. Based on the effects Mr. Sanders has put out in the past, and the way he has marketed them, I HIGHLY doubt that is the case. This looks very strong. I am hoping it can become a possible ending to an ACR depending on the set-up limitations.
Wow, looks so realistic. I wonder if you can use ur own dog tag? :P

Cant waitt.
Tagged, like Richard's other "magic for the real world" releases will be a hit and find its way into the working set of Professionals. Audiences will love this.
Wow! That is phenomenal. I am buying this after the first of the month!
I fully endorsed Richard Sanders' product. I owe quite a few of his stuff and this looks great and highly visual!Well done, Richard.
[quote]
On 2008-10-28 09:18, MSD921 wrote:
If the card is worn around the next prior to doing the trick, then some serious video editing has been done. Based on the effects Mr. Sanders has put out in the past, and the way he has marketed them, I HIGHLY doubt that is the case. This looks very strong. I am hoping it can become a possible ending to an ACR depending on the set-up limitations.
[/quote]

IMO there is NO logical way that the card is attached to the chain during performance. Otherwise it would not be examinable. And if yes, the switch after would be very hard and awkward to do. Therefore the card has to be on the chain from the beginning and hence can not be signed (who cares anyhow).
I'm a big Richard sanders fan. Extreme Burn, Interlace and Fiber Optics are all part of my regular strolling set.

Howver, although Tagged looks great, I'm not sure it's as practical as the above routines. If it's method is similar to what I'm thinking it is - the reset would be far from automatic. The fact that the words "instantly repeatable" are not used in the ad, and yet are used in Interlace, Extreme Burn and Fiber Optics leads me further still to this conclusion.

I don't care if the card can be signed or not, but I do care if it's practical or not. The type of gigs I do, I can't go aff to the bathroom after every table to reset.

I hope Ricahrd or Cameron can come on here and answer this very important question.

AP.
I am going to get this soon, but my first thought is to employ the torn corner as a receipt idea. When it fits the card on the chain, I think that would be enough for anyone to assume its the same card. I think the strength in the effect lies in the fact that it appears on the chain, not that it is no longer in the deck. If the spectators believe they had a free choice, why would it matter if it was signed?

DO
I was thinking of using some dou*** st*** t*pe in order to show that the card was not in the deck and do the whole waving motion and have it appear around my neck.

This may slow you down though.
I have ordered this as it looks terrific , and love Richards thinking on magic. I do believe that although it is not essential that a card is signed because the spec should believe they had a free choice , I still think if we are all being honest if we could get it signed we would. IMO
Just ordered this. I can't wait!

Adam
[quote]
On 2008-10-28 16:34, DVLKCC wrote:
I was thinking of using some dou*** st*** t*pe in order to show that the card was not in the deck and do the whole waving motion and have it appear around my neck.

[/quote]

I don't think you're gonna have to worry about using dou*** st*** t*pe. The card they pick is the card on the chain.

Greg Rostami
[quote]
On 2008-10-28 17:52, Greg Rostami wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

I don't think you're gonna have to worry about using dou*** st*** t*pe. The card they pick is the card on the chain.

Greg Rostami
[/quote]

I don't think so, otherwise Richard would have stated that it can be signed which is a strong selling point. It doesn't really need to be signed... It shouldn't even be included in an ACR. The idea behind this effect is that a card get's chosen, lost in the deck and the magician finds it by tagging it 'simply' on his dog chain. It's quick, simple and shocking. AND definatively I would hand it out as a souvenir to all the beautiful babes...after I signed it myself...LOL
This looks really good!

After watching the demo and reading all the post, I don't see why the card can't be signed.

First of all the chain is ungimicked and the appearance of the card is so direct, that it leads me to believe that it would have to be after you take the chain from around your neck before it can be examined.

I think a s**t*h has to be done after the reveal, but it's not the card that is s**t***d.

If all this is true, then that leads me to believe it could be signed.

This looks very good and if it's as smooth as the demo and the reset time is quick and subtle, then I will be picking this up.
[quote]
On 2008-10-28 18:22, Silvio Solaris wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-10-28 17:52, Greg Rostami wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

Greg Rostami
[/quote]

I don't think so, otherwise Richard would have stated that it can be signed which is a strong selling point. It doesn't really need to be signed... It shouldn't even be included in an ACR. The idea behind this effect is that a card get's chosen, lost in the deck and the magician finds it by tagging it 'simply' on his dog chain. It's quick, simple and shocking. AND definatively I would hand it out as a souvenir to all the beautiful babes...after I signed it myself...LOL
[/quote]I promise you . . . when the trick comes out everyone will say you can do it with a signed card. Please remember; one of the points on his website says "Use any deck". Any deck does not have duplicates.

I think the reason why Sanders hasn't mentioned signed card is because he's misdirecting us into guessing wrong methods.

BTW, you don't have to force the card or perform any switches . . . . stay tuned.

Greg Rostami
[quote]
On 2008-10-28 19:45, Greg Rostami wrote:

I think the reason why Sanders hasn't mentioned signed card is because he's misdirecting us into guessing wrong methods.

BTW, you don't have to force the card or perform any switches . . . . stay tuned.

Greg Rostami
[/quote]

I agree on the guessing wrong methods part and like I said earlier, I think a signed card should be no problem.

I disagree that it can be a free selection and to me, I think the statement, "use any cards", means a magician can use any cards of his choosing and does not mean you just have someone hand you any old deck they have lying around(not that you said that).
I also agree a duplicate is not needed.

I think the effect is over, before the the method is.

I would love to be wrong and everything you say is correct, so either I'm right or I am as fooled as I have ever been.
First I guessed m.......s when I saw the demo the first time since the 'hook-up' is so clean. But then...Then the whole 'assembly' can be given out as a souvenir.
That's what animates my brain cells at the moment LOL
Im going to try and hold off for reviews, but this does look amazing and I think it's gonna be awsome.
This is an AWESOME idea . . . Quick, Visual, Surrounded, add a little gimmick to the deck and you've got yourself some amazing magic.

There is a reason why the chain doesn't go THROUGH the card.
There is a reason why you HAVE to use a Dog Tag Chain.
When you put all of these brilliant ideas together . . . you get TAGGED!!

I will be buying it.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Watching the demo, I would not be surprised if a clothing alteration is needed.
LOL, music, it's shouldn't be that complicated! At least that's what I'm hoping for...
[quote]
On 2008-10-26 08:40, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
...as you draw attention the the dog tag chain hanging around your neck. It is ordinary and ungimmicked.

Included with the package:
Secret Gimmick

[/quote]

LOL...

The video looks great!
If you have to alter your clothing that would be aweful. please tell me that's not so .
I'm in.. I have a few ideas for a method, but I can't see how the card can be signed with my ideas... Any hoo I'm in. I think I'll just get this and Extreme Burn together..

Richard is the mak daddy.. I'm still looking for his book though? Any one know where I can get it as it is no longer in print. I want to learn his bill in marker effect and apparently he has a nice cig thru coin version with a coin with an hole and a switch. Anyone?
[quote]
On 2008-10-29 02:45, tophatter wrote:
If you have to alter your clothing that would be aweful/ please tell me that's not so .
[/quote]

Not sure about the need to alter your clothing, but I doubt this will work while wearing a shirt and tie. If so, no good for formal shows.

AP.
You were considering doing this at a formal show?? :huh:
Say it ain't so. :no:
I don't think there would be any problem in performing this at a formal show. At a Trade Show it would be ideal as you usually have a ID badge hanging around your neck anyway, depending on the method it could be a great way to give out details from the company or of course your own details, a bit like Chicago opener with the details on the back of the card.

Ben
Ben,

Yes..a trade show environment is perfect as people wear those badges around their neck. So this effect would be "fit in" that arena. Good thinking.

In my mind I was envisioning a formal dinner party and the like so my jaw dropped just thinking about it. Might as well do card to shoe if you like committing a faux pas.

All the best,

Doug
Is this not the same effect that came out a while back where the card appears on a safety pin on your tie? That used a m*****.

This one apparently doesn't use a m*****, but is it the same effect, if so theres no real point in selling a different method for the same effect....

I like Richard Sanders a lot, so I'm not fishing for trouble, just seems strange....
Here would be a great effect with this. Do Ambitious card then make the card jump onto the dog chain instead of the "Card to Mouth" phase. Take the card off the dog chain & have a second card identically hole punched and do a hole-punched bent card finish - now that would be impressive!
[quote]
On 2008-10-28 20:54, music wrote:
Watching the demo, I would not be surprised if a clothing alteration is needed.
[/quote]

I agree, I'm thinking this is t-shirt only stuff, and you will need to buy 2 shirts.

I also agree that hints are available based on obvious conditions that would otherwise be noted in the advertisement, but are not: "No force", "Free choice", "spectator can name any card", "spectator signed card", "borrowed deck", "any chain", "any necklace", etc.

Still this looks great!
[quote]
On 2008-10-29 09:11, DVLKCC wrote:
You were considering doing this at a formal show?? :huh:
Say it ain't so. :no:
[/quote]

I wouldn't do card to shoe (or mouth), but don't see any reason not to do this.
Any objections?

AP.
Okay, I'm seeing this effect is more catering to guys... No problem. I just won't get it.
I'm becoming more and more skeptical of demos. If you could cleanly and immediately remove the chain, I wish he would have shown that in the demo. In the vain of some other marketed effects, it would be a pity to have to do the dirty work in the process of removing the chain from your neck. But from what they show, I've got to admit, it looks outstanding. I hope this one is a winner.
I think we have to look at the creater. Richard Sanders has always been above and beyond fair with his demos. I always have found it's what you see is what you get when it comes to Richard.
[quote]
On 2008-10-29 21:22, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I think we have to look at the creater. Richard Sanders has always been above and beyond fair with his demos. I always have found it's what you see is what you get when it comes to Richard.
[/quote]

I'm a huge fan of Richard Sanders and I'd agree: What you see is what you get. I guess my point is that I'm not seeing him do the effect from start to finish. So I don't know what I'm getting. I think I have a pretty good idea of how this is done. My concern is not with the method. It's the handling. I'd be very curious, as we all should be, how the effect looks from start to finish. More specifically how he handles the moment when the card is magically waved onto the chain to the moment the chain is handed out.

Best, Platt
According to one of my friends, this could be done on someone elses chain with careful handling. I don't know if this is true, but this is what I have been told
[quote]
On 2008-10-29 20:56, Platt wrote:
[I]t would be a pity to have to do the dirty work in the process of removing the chain from your neck...
[/quote]

In one part of the video, it shows him removing the card and chain without any funny moves, the hanging card visible at all times. So I agree with Platt that any dirty work or switch contrary would be a pity.
[quote]
On 2008-10-29 16:16, GarySumpter wrote:
Is this not the same effect that came out a while back where the card appears on a safety pin on your tie? That used a m*****.

This one apparently doesn't use a m*****, but is it the same effect, if so theres no real point in selling a different method for the same effect....

I like Richard Sanders a lot, so I'm not fishing for trouble, just seems strange....
[/quote]

but this provides an alternitive for those of who don't wear ties, like myself
Looking at the video again I have the feeling that the card that gets tagged is gimmicked (already pierced). Before the chain gets handed out there has to be a quick push so the card is 'fixed' permanently onto the chain. ;)
[quote]
On 2008-10-29 16:16, GarySumpter wrote:

[/quote]

That's completely incorrect. How many variations are there of the Twisting the Aces, of the MacDonald's Aces, or the chewed to wrapped gum? A lot. They are there because they each suit different people. Some people don't wear ties. So it IS necessary for alternate methods for the same basic effect.
It appears as if he is placing the card on top of the existing chain. As if there s a hook with a chain weaved thru the card already. But take it off and hand it off is where I lose it.
Cant wait and I am ordering one..........