(Close Window)
Topic: Bob Little booth at magi fest Suitcase style table
For the past few years Bob Little has been set up in the corner of the dealers room at magi fest. He always has a table with a bunny sticker on it set up near the end of his booth. It opens like a suitcase table but smaller, has one shelf, and sits on a Eureka Table Base. Has anyone seen or knows whom makes this table? I currently have the large suitcase table by lefler but this table would suit my act better.

Thanks
Chaz
Any pics?
I cant find any pictures. I will search, but even if I found them they would link back to some site that would have info on them.

Thanks
Chaz
Well UI just googled him and found his site with contact info. That's your best bet.
I remember a style of table that he stocked over the years that had a metal Playboy rabbit on the front. I believe it was a Merv Taylor style of table.
[quote]
On 2008-11-07 08:26, Alan Munro wrote:
I remember a style of table that he stocked over the years that had a metal Playboy rabbit on the front. I believe it was a Merv Taylor style of table.
[/quote]

Is their a website for Merv Taylor products?

Thanks
Chaz
Well, since Merv Taylor went out of business about 40 or 50 years ago, I doubt that you wlll find one. However, Owen Magic Supreme bought the rights and most of the tooling. You might find some of the Taylor products at their web site.
Hey guys thanks for the info. I will check into it

Chaz
http://magicalwizard.com/attache%20case.htm

is this what you were looking for? excuse the dust, I did not have time to wipe it down, I just pulled it in out of garage, if this is what you are thinking of
it is not manufacured anymore, you can find used ones now and then on ebay, they usually sell for about $200.00. You can use an Eureka Table base, or many other kind of bases, it has a recessed flange in the bottom of the case.
That is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for sharing! Bob must be able to get these made by someone, because he sells them every year at magi-fest. The price on his is 200$, but they are covered the same way as a lefler suitcase table.

Thanks
Chaz
That is really an antique looking table but it look nice and a good collectible, I believe.
His does look like a collectible. Bob Little carried the same table design, but covered with the material you see on Leflers Suitcase tables. They would be ideal for the work that I do.
Overall the size looks good and not too big for mobility.
Practical Magic stock something very similair to this style of table in the UK. They call it a Trade Show/Stand Up Work Station Table.

http://www.paractical-magic.co.uk
Sorry that should be

http://www.practical-magic.co.uk
You need to link to the table.. I went to the site and couldn't find it.

BTW, the Merv Taylor table was all metal, thin and light and very nice. I used to have one.
I believe there is a company out of india making them. They are showing up on ebay lately.

Are there any ehtics/rights issues in building a small case like this, not the exact same one, but a small case that opens like a lefler table that can go on a base like that?
[quote]
On 2008-11-09 19:30, Brendan Byrne wrote:
Sorry that should be

http://www.practical-magic.co.uk
[/quote]

Thanks for the link. I was able to find a table named "box table" Is this the one you are talking about? Its not quite what I am looking for, and it is basically the same thing as a cube table. Thanks for sharing though.
[quote]
On 2008-11-10 10:14, Matthew W wrote:
I believe there is a company out of india making them. They are showing up on ebay lately.

Are there any ehtics/rights issues in building a small case like this, not the exact same one, but a small case that opens like a lefler table that can go on a base like that?
[/quote]

Can you find a link to one on ebay? I have searched but cant find them.

Thanks
Chaz
The way Practical Magic has thier website configured, cannot link right to the item, but if you go to thier website and do a search for(copy and paste the description below):

Trade Show/Stand Up Work Station Table

However this is not at all like the table you are looking for.
Let me check my warehouse during the coming week. I used to have one of these things. If I still do, I can make you a deal on it.
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (Nov 17, 2008 06:37AM)
Paul Daniels sold one of these recently on ebay full of magic props, I seem to remember it went quite cheaply.
If I recall correctly, the late Jack Hughes used to make a table identical to this.
It looks like an accordion case. Maybe one could be retrofittede - used cases are usually available through music stores.

Marc
I have one of these tables it is sturdy and just the right size to but my hip hop magician on also great close up table
Let me put your questions to rest. I make the table that you are refering to for Bob Little. Which may explain why it is covered with the same material I use on my Suitcase Tables.

I do not sell them directly. If you need one you will have to ask Bob. I know he is out of stock at htis point, as we are making him a run of 12 at this time.

To my knowledge there are no pictures available online of this table.
The box table you are looking at on the Practicle Magic website looks very simular to our Hank Moorehouse cube table. http://www.magicandsoundsystems.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=236

I hope this helps.
That is not the table I think we are talking about, at least I'm not.

The one I am talking about is more triangular and opens like a suitcase table.
I decided to revive this thread due to the fact that I now have found what Trickychaz has been looking for. It is indeed the Old Style Merv Taylor Night Club Case from the 1950's or so. I have owned mine for many years and it is in bad shape. I recently ran into Bob Little and he has the Cases for sale and has a few more left. I just bought one from him and it is better QUALITY than the Old Style. They sell for $ 200.00 plus shipping. Bob has a few left in stock. If you would like to see what it looks like I will post a few picture in the next few days and I can email them to you or they will be posted on my website under Magicians. Remember Bob does not do computers or email. If you want to order one you will have to call him at (215) 672-3344.

Rodney
The table Bob Little uses and sells at his convention dealer appearances is a Gun Case. I was told this by many well informed magicians. I have seen this design case around with a little more round top edges.

It is not very practical as it will not hold to many props. If you are doing a rope, silk, and card act. It would fit nicely.

If the price is why you are posting this string, then I am sure you will only save a few dollars not giving Bob Little your business. He is an honest dealer, one of the few that are left in this business.

I believe he has been selling these case for the same price for the last 30 years, what a deal!

You can reach Bob at this site: http://www.sam4.org/MAGICIAN/BobLittle/index.html
Bob, does NOT use this case at the conventions nor does he bring any with him due to his schedule and he also flies to most conventions.

THIS IS NOT A GUN CASE,
I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A GUN CASE!!!!!

Rodney
I have the Pictures ready to go. Click on the Link below and enjoy. If this Link does not work please COPY and PASTE it into your web browser address bar.

Rodney

http://s625.photobucket.com/albums/tt337/firstclassmagic/

P.S. I took 8 Pictures total. When on Photo Bucket click on the Picture to En-Large it for a better look.
[quote]
On 2009-08-24 13:00, First Class Magician wrote:
Bob, does NOT use this case at the conventions nor does he bring any with him due to his schedule and he also flies to most conventions.

THIS IS NOT A GUN CASE,
I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A GUN CASE!!!!!

Rodney
[/quote]

Excuse me, but I have seen Bob at many conventions over the years, he is at Abbott's Get-Together every year.

This is where I have seen this case at his booth.

He may now fly to places, but he ships his items ahead. More recently, I have seen him with the popular brief case that converts to a sort of table. As many of the dealers have used.

Bob Little was the only source for this oddly shaped case to table I was ever aware of. I have no idea who makes this un-practical case (for me), but Bob Little is the only source I have known about.
Remember, pictures are now on Photo Bucket of this remarkable Night Club Table/Case.

Rod
Seems that I saw this at Klamm's Magic at one time. I know I sketched this out for future reference about 10 years ago.
Lynn Fox
Lets bring this back to the TOP as this is an AWESOME case that Bob Little sells and is made by Joe Lefler.

RJ