(Close Window)
Topic: Vernon/Mendoza Routine with Mini Cups
Here I am performing at my sister's party. This is the last trick I did, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6tzM8LLL1o

To see the entire show, see here - http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=285716&forum=217&0
Proving once again... you can't beat the classics. thanks.
Great...made me smile.

I wonder if the lady is thinking,"Did the ball in the stomach ever come out?"

-Scott M
[quote]
On 2008-11-23 17:26, Scott M wrote:
Great...made me smile.

I wonder if the lady is thinking,"Did the ball in the stomach ever come out?"

-Scott M
[/quote]

I can ask her, but better not to.;)

Grandparents are the best spectators, they freak out at everything. :)
I don't understand, are you people obsess with Magic or TALKING?

I stopped half-way in this video, first of all it was too DARK and then I saw a lot of talking. PPPFFFFFF %^&^%$#, I turned this thing off.

I want to see MAGIC not someone trying to impress people with his ability to TALK!
IF you want to impress people with you ability to talk then join a TALK show or RADIO station, otherwise shut-up and do the magic.

BLAH!
Madkiki, I'm confused.

I feel magic is 90% presentation. How can I present an effect to the audience without talking? I understand your condition, but my job is not to entertain YOU; it's to entertain the audience. I did not post this to fool magicians, that's not the kind of magician I am.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy it...
Madkiki,
I agree the video was rather dark, but I saw something totally different. I see Uriel growing from just moves to an actual routine. I think that he did a great job and thank him for each of his performance videos. It takes a lot of courage to post videos of oneís performance to this group. I have learned something from each of Urielís videos and they encourage me to keep going.
Take care,
Bruce
Thanks, MagicByUriel...I liked the grandmother's comment :)

Nicely presented. What size were the cups, out of interest?

Geoffrey
[quote]
On 2008-11-23 18:44, Levity wrote:
Thanks, MagicByUriel...I liked the grandmother's comment :)

Nicely presented. What size were the cups, out of interest?

Geoffrey
[/quote]

Thanks for all the comments.

G, I'm not great with exact measurements but I can tell you from what I found with my tape measurer.

2 1/4" tall
2" deep
2" mouth

They take a regulation golf ball with a lot of breathing space.
Uriel,

Thank you for posting that video. It takes a lot of guts to post videos around here.
I enjoyed your routine, it was evident to me that your audience enjoyed it as well.

Also, your talking did not impress me at all. Try harder next time. ;)
[quote]
On 2008-11-23 17:33, madkiki wrote:
I don't understand, are you people obsess with Magic or TALKING?

I stopped half-way in this video, first of all it was too DARK and then I saw a lot of talking. PPPFFFFFF %^&^%$#, I turned this thing off.

I want to see MAGIC not someone trying to impress people with his ability to TALK!
IF you want to impress people with you ability to talk then join a TALK show or RADIO station, otherwise shut-up and do the magic.

BLAH!
[/quote]

Dude...
Uriel, thanks for posting that. Like others have said web forums can be a tough crowd.

Lots of tricks are easy to be performed very visually. But I think tricks like the cups and balls, that involve a lot of cover and are naturally confusing, are easier for most of us to perform with a lot of audience interaction. I like it performed that way because I think of cups and balls more as a street trick than as an "illusion".

Madkiki maybe you'd enjoy a cups and balls routine like Tim Ellis' (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xV30vPxEhZo), or maybe some of the videos Al Schneider has posted on YouTube.
In another post, Madkiki alluded to being hearing impaired. That might have something to do with his reaction. Or maybe he really is Mad(kiki)...
That is true. He gets to see the "pure" magic, unimpaired by the stuff spewing out of some magician's mouths they call "patter." Most of it is best described in much harsher words.

I'm sure he'd enjoy Dominic Duvivier's two person routine. It's silent, set to music, but the music doesn't matter on this one. The theatric interaction between him and his daughter more than compensates for it.

Plus, the misdirection is the best I've seen in a long time.