(Close Window)
Topic: Laurie Ireland Copper Cups by Magic Inc.
What is the current asking price for the Laurie Ireland Copper Cups made by Magic Inc?
I read that only 50 sets were made. Is this true?
Just Curious.
Thanks,
Jeff
Only 50 sets were made. I paid for the spinning, with Jay Marshall's permission. They sold for $75 a set, including three load balls, a bag, an booklet, a wand and a close-up mat. I made the wands and the close-up mats. As far as I know, Magic, Inc. never had any more made. They were to commemorate the passing of Laurie Ireland.

These were spun for me by Morrissey, who also makes the aluminum ones. I gave 12 sets to Jay Marshall as royalty payments for the 50 sets that I had Morrissey run for me. All were sold.

Now they command a nice price on the major auction houses. I have seen them go for as much as $250 for the set of cups alone.
Thanks Bill.
When I purchased the cups from Magic Inc. I just recieved the cups on their own.
I was considering selling mine but I'm not sure yet. They are wonderful cups though.
I furnished balls and bags with the sets I sent Jay. The balls were Morrissey 3/4" balls. The bags came from Wal Mart.
They are one of my favorite sets. such a nice traditional style design.

-Todd
Hi Bill,
I purchased my set from Magic Inc. but only the cups and 4 crochet balls were included. The balls were of a different color from the ones you were providing as well I believe. The ones I received are dark brown.
The cups are very nice. Good weight, nice shape and nest very well.
The balls came in various colors.
I am very torn. I love the cups but need the cash.
...something to mull over.