(Close Window)
Topic: Can't Forget Bud Abbott & Lou Costello!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxEi6hs2Fa4
You can't help but love those guys. I am a major A&C fan. Their timeing is unbeleivable. They paid their dues in Vaduavile and it showed in their tv and moves. The make themselves look like they are doing something for the very first time at that it really dosen't go right but they did everything according to a routine. They are masters and the likes, I feel, will never be seen again, unfortunatly. Thanks for the clip.

Steven
Clip been up on the forums before, always nice to see that routine. Bud Abbot actually had real training, he used to work as a shill for Al Flosso on Coney Island.
I was driving through Lou's hometown on Saturday. I didn't see his statue that they worked in on the Sopranos though.
This is great magical entertainment. Loved it.
The real magic of that clip is the timing and timelessness of those two. I just love those guys. Woould love to have done a magic act as a Lou Costello chracter. I guess I would have played the Baaaaadddddd Booooyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Steven
Thank you Cardician99 for posting this. Outstanding!:0
Another thank you for posting that, great stuff!
What's really funny is seeing Lou Costello 'break' character and laugh a few times
during the skit. You use to see a fair amount of that on the Carol Burnett Show
back in the day.
I have a lot of their old tv shows and he did that a lot. Got Bud a few times too which was something that did not happen that often. I miss those old days. Well I can't really say old days because those shows were done when I was a very small child. I am 51 now and remember thos old live type shows. I still remember seeing magicians live on Ed Sullivan with no camera cuts. Just like th eopld comedians, if it didn't go right they just kept on going.

Steven