(Close Window)
Topic: Butchers Blade from Tim Wisseman
My Butchers Blade just came in yesterday and I have to say that it is unreal! A true piece of art. I was a little worried about the movement that would be needed for the effect. But, I have to say, the movement is very natural and works like a charm. I just can't state enough how good this looks. When I get it down, I will post a video so you guys can see just how good this looks.

I really love the box it comes in as well. It has aged leather hinges and looks very nasty! It was sitting on my desk yesterday and I really got some looks. I can't wait to perform this one.
I got mine some months ago, and cannot stop to thank the gods for my good luck. Every item from Mr Wisseman I got is a piece of art. If you love Butcher´s Blade, try Dead Ringer. A lovely piece of spirit magick.
After only having it for a day, I performed it at our IBM meeting. It killed (pun intended)! Even seasoned magicians who know the concept, did't know how it worked. One of the best comments was "that is much better that any needle thru the arm routine I have ever seen".
[quote]
On 2008-12-11 07:42, WayneCapps wrote:
One of the best comments was "that is much better that any needle thru the arm routine I have ever seen".
[/quote]

That is true, in my opinion.
Does Tim's blade work the same way as Andruzzzi's?

Dennis
[quote]
On 2008-12-18 00:58, dennfox wrote:
Does Tim's blade work the same way as Andruzzzi's?

Dennis
[/quote]
No, The method is diferent.
I ordered both Butchers Blade and Dead Ringer. Now I am just waiting...counting the moments until they arrive. Everyday I come home from work wondering if today will be "the day". Nothing yet. Perhaps tomorrow.
My friend has dead ringer and it is great too! Let me know what you think of the butchers blade when it comes in. I am a huge fan of Tim's stuff, I just wish I could afford the spirit telegraph!
My friend has dead ringer and it is great too! Let me know what you think of the butchers blade when it comes in. I am a huge fan of Tim's stuff, I just wish I could afford the spirit telegraph!
[quote]
On 2008-12-18 18:52, steven-gibson wrote:
I ordered both Butchers Blade and Dead Ringer. Now I am just waiting...counting the moments until they arrive. Everyday I come home from work wondering if today will be "the day". Nothing yet. Perhaps tomorrow.
[/quote]

Some day, my friend, some day. The time is eternal when you expect something wonderful...
Does someone have a web site link to these products, Butchers Blade and Dead Ringer? Mortlake Magic does not list them.
Bill, hocus-pocus carries both. Are you going to order them?
Look at hocus-pocus.com
I just ordered mine. I got my dead ringer last week and it is fantastic. For others that have it:
1. Are refills easily available?
2. Do you use the routine and story in the instructions, or do you use your own?
On dead ringer I use my own story freaks them out
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Apr 2, 2009 01:29PM)
I love my ringer! Does anyone have Rap

Ray
Funny I was just looking at rap.I really want the telegraph first though.
Dead Rap is just brilliant. The effect is truly scary and completely undetectable. I frightened my friend nearly to death with first the dead ringer and then the raps starting up. Judiscious though, it all stopped just as soon as it started. But then I was left with a friend who wouldn't sleep alone in my house for the night! He was truly terrified. Still feel guilty that I haven't come clean! If you can get it - buy the Rap today. The device itself is just beautiful to look at too.
Although I own from Bob Kohler a product by Nick Wenger, The Wenger Spirit Bell; I decided to purchase Dead Ringer and also the Butcher's Blade. I also plan next week to purchase Monkey's Paw and one refill pack. I do like The Wenger unit very much. Like the Wenger, Dead Ringer is so rustic looking and both defy any type of explanation. I do have one question...Are the batteries included with dead ringer. I know if they ship overseas, the batteries on the Wenger could not be included due to regulations. It would look like a bomb if they put it through the X-Ray Machine. I live in California, so this is not a problem for me.
Tim's Spirit Telegraph is also wonderful. Great for a serious seance presentation.

Benny
Tim Wisseman is a genius artist. Huge fan here.
Although the book covers that Tim supplies allows me to question his taste in literature!
Today I received both butcher's blade and dead ringer. Must say, they are beautiful props. They look and smell very antique. I also have coming in the mail the spirit telegraph. I have no doubt that will be just as good.
Got to love Tim's stuff! My wife is partial to the moldy odor that Tim bakes into every object!
Yes, they do have a smell. Almost like the chemical used on telephone poles. I think it is called Kreso (correct me if I am wrong) I also noticed like a white salty type material on the boxes for the butchers blade and dead ringer. Just also ordered Tim's spirit table. I think I am all Timmed out for the moment, although he has other goodies.

How is Tim's Mind wheel.
Anyone know if this is available in the UK?
I think the box smells like match striking pad.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/DAV48/DeathCameKnocking005.jpg (open link please
This Tim Wisseman and Karl Feret Product arrived yesterday, and I am telling you, I just love it. Also coing in is Re-Animator. This looks so cool....
http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=113&Itemid=161
Just checked this out on Hocus Pocus - that knife looks plain evil! I'm not sure if it'd suit my style, but boy, it sure makes me gasp.
The blade and box looks really cool! Some people even scared to touch the box )
[quote]
On 2010-12-23 20:14, weepinwil wrote:
I think the box smells like match striking pad.
[/quote]

My Lu@a key box came smelling just like that!
Ive been looking for a butchers blade - anyone know where to find one? Ive posted wanted ads with no luck.
Have an unused one. Pm'd you.
I've got one of these on order from Hocus Pocus, along with an Okito Doll and a couple of Paul Prater effects. Very much looking forward to having a play with this, it looks so *** good.
Wanted to order this, but afraid that the custom of my country will deemed it as a weapon and confiscate it. Too bad for me.
In my opinion, Tim makes the best of this type of effect. I've seen others made poorly, but this looks sick...I have it, but haven't performed it yet...but I can see someone who knows what they are doing, making this rock...in a very dark and horrific way.

Brynmore13...Hocus Pocus is a great company, no doubt. But go to Alchemy Moon's site, or Paul's site directly and check out all of his offerings. Paul is turning out exceptional stuff...hell, everyone in our little corner of the magic world seems to be turning out wonderful stuff right now. My wallet is the thinnest it's ever been.
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 21:43, Wizard of Oz wrote:
In my opinion, Tim makes the best of this type of effect. I've seen others made poorly, but this looks sick...I have it, but haven't performed it yet...but I can see someone who knows what they are doing, making this rock...in a very dark and horrific way.

Brynmore13...Hocus Pocus is a great company, no doubt. But go to Alchemy Moon's site, or Paul's site directly and check out all of his offerings. Paul is turning out exceptional stuff...hell, everyone in our little corner of the magic world seems to be turning out wonderful stuff right now. My wallet is the thinnest it's ever been.
[/quote]

I've been in touch with Paul directly regarding his Spirit Bottle, and intend to purchase this once I've topped up my bank account. Alchemy Moon, Outlaw Effects, Lebanon Circle and many other sites are bookmarked on the computer ready to tempt me when I finish paying off last months orders ;)

Brynmore
Got my Butcher's Blade today, along with the rest of my Hocus Pocus order. I'm stoked it made it through Australian Customs with no issues. The method is quite clever. I'm looking forward to trying this out, once I have the moves down. The Blade, the box and the Butcher's letters are all fantastic looking, aged props. The instructions are fairly good too.
Message: Posted by: Some_Magical_Idiot (Jun 29, 2017 02:35AM)
Have these effects still held up after a few years of use? Thanks.