(Close Window)
Topic: New Illusions?
I'm preparing the new show, and I'm looking for new illusions!
Any ideas?
Thanks
For working where?? Cruise ships?
Yes, Hector...!
Luca Volpe!!!!!

I am such a BIG FAN!!! I love watching your performances.

Anyway, have you considered any kind of story or theme to tie your illusions together for the show?
Hi, Lothar...thanks for your kind words!!
About your question, for now I'm just looking for something really new. I'm about to change all the show. I will keep just the Suspended Animation ( as closing illusion ) and the Multilevel Magic, and maybe some small one like Modern Art...
How big is the ship you are working on? How about a Million Dollar Mystery, or something like that?? That's not new for us, but for the audience. It produces a HUGE effect on them...
Or, a Willie Kennedy's helicopter production...
Shadow Vision, Bo Staff...

Best wishes!
I miei migliori desideri!

Hec.
The vanishing ship? Seriously, why not contact http://www.jimsteinmeyer.com and see what he can do for you?
Hello, Hector!
Yes, the ship is big, but NOT the back stage...actually, many ships have this problem!!
Pete, yes, I am already in contact with Bill smith and Jim Steinmeyer. They are very kind people.
About the vanishing ship...can be nice...the problem are the passengers!!!
:)
Luca Volpe, maybe this is not so new but a fresh style: Eclipse, 180 Illusion Marc Parker, Vivisection, Empty Spaces, Saw Girl by J.D.Bass.
Empty Spaces illusion from Oz illusions.
Vivisection illusion.
Jim Steinmeyer's Op Art Illusion.
Eclipse illusion.
Also: Appearing Lady - D.Robinson, Foul Play - D.Summers. Sincerely, Serg.
Hi, Serg, thanks!
I already have contact with Mark Parker about the 180 Illusion. That, I think, will be one of the illusions that I need...in fact, there are many spikers around, but this one looks really different!
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Dec 16, 2008 08:26AM)
Since you don't have a big back stage, check out The Web. Excellent walk-thru effect and a very effective illusion. Stores very nicely backstage and plays huge.

http://www.dream-illusions.com/

Also, check out Tim Clothier. He does some nice original work: http://www.illusionprojects.com/

Best,

Michael
I hope Steinmeyer doesn't see the rip-off version of 'his' origami illusion on your website! (Why not buy a genuine one from Gaughan or Wellington, instead of buying new illusions for your show? ;) )
Hi Rafael
that origami is not mine, I used for one season becouse the ship where I was, was small.The illusion that I have are from Bill Smith ( Suspended animation ) Magic Makers and also the master prediction system is the original from Malloy.
Anyway, if you want to check how many magicians have an origami that is NOT original I think you need one year to tell everyone...
In Italy, sadly, the situation is different just me and few others we buy original illusion, but you need also to think that in the USA for example the standard is different and the money also, there are big production that in Italy is impossible to have!
Cheers
Luca
Great, that you buy original stuff! Thatīs the correct way - go on with that. And you get full support for that. But I disagree

[quote]On 2008-12-16 13:15, lucavolpe wrote:
Anyway, if you want to check how many magicians have an origami that is NOT original I think you need one year to tell everyone...[/quote]- thatīs no argument and no excuse...

[quote]On 2008-12-16 13:15, lucavolpe wrote:
..., but you need also to think that in the USA for example the standard is different and the money also, there are big production that in Italy is impossible to have! [/quote]- thatīs also no argument and no excuse...

And also saying, that the ship was small is no argument for supporting rip-offs.
Are not excuse.. is just the reality...and sometime you need to found something at the last minute for work...anyway Im not happy either..How you think I fell when I see one rip-offs of my illusion?..after I have spent thousand of euro?...
Anyway is not my problem becouse I buy just original illusions, and Im proud of this!
:)
LuCavolpe,

Understandable. We have to do what we have to do at times.... :)
Ilove Steinmeyer's Op Art Illusion.I have seen it done a few times live and it is just a very different illusion that reallyleaves audiences spellbound. I like the various elements of it as it has multiple "wow" moments. It can also be themed and routined very easily.

Kyle
You are correct Kyle, it's a great piece.
I had seen it only in video before but seeing it live intrigued me greatly. It is a very nice illusion and I love the different elements of it. It is so much different then the norm.

Kyle
Too bad it is soo expensive...
That is trtue but you muist consider illusions to be an inveestment in your show.If you are doing larger shows and productions, then a larger illusion can pay itself off fairly quickly.

Kyle
As I said this illusion haven't something ...but Bishop find it ...The true op art is like Bishop when in the climax all frame is empty.
Thank you
Having a hard time understanding you. However are you saying that it looks like the true op art illusion is like the one jason bishop owns? If so, then I have seen Jason's Op Art illusion as I know jason fairly well.
You can see Bishop's perform of "Op art" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU3zffLU1jI&feature=related Serg.
The standard Steinmeyer's op art is like Kalin and Jinger I mean one single box remain in the frame but Bishop's op art is better and Steinmeyer musted to thinked that from begining of this creation.
Just my 2 cents.
Thank you
Puts too much emphasis on the frame, my two cents.
Anyhow, let's talk about new illusions because in this art are too many old illusions and very, very few new things.
Just do not forget about the classics, as well. The classics are called "classics" for a reason.

Kyle
Sword basket and double production from Eli Kerr, great piece.
That's all the new illusions in world of magic?
As I said, very, very few.
Why?
Most of the new illusions are not being mass produced. They exists in plan form and are generally built to order, or by the illusionist themselves.

Would highly recommend checking out both Mark Parker's book and Tim Clothier's Illusion Projects book. Both contain illusions that you can have built.

From Mark's book, there is Revolution. That's getting more and more popular now.
From Tim's book, I would recommend the Trapdoor Illusion. He builds that if you wanted to contact him.

Also, the Iron Illusion is very good, and I have seen it being performed by Yunke.

There is definitely plenty to choose from at the moment.
Hello Luca Volpe,i think you must to see http://www.illusion-designer.com ,from Mark Parker. Serg.
Don't forget about Chris Stolz (don't know the guy) but he has some very nice ideas too! You might want to look at some of JC Sums ideas. Also look at some of Rand Woodbury's books, they might not be new, but have never seen some of the illusions being performed.
Sent you by email two of my plans at no charge. You should build it.

Best,

Las
Yes I have already spoke with Mark! He his a great guy and his works are amazing!
Many thanks to everybody for the help!
;)