(Close Window)
Topic: Infinity Ring by Will Tsai and SM Productionz
I have seen this item sold at Hocus Pocus website .

Anybody saw that in action ???

Infinity Ring by Will Tsai and SM Productionz

Just in time for Christmas, the Infinity Ring has arrived from Will Tsai's Jewelry Magic Series! When a piece of jewelry is specially manufactured in Japan with Swarovski diamonds, you know this is going to be a must-have elegant effect!

In the middle of your conversation you are asked to demonstrate something interesting but you do not want to bring out your deck of card and other stereotypical 'tools' of a magician. Instead you decided to demonstrate the power of belief to your clients using your necklace... Both the diamond pendant and the necklace are separated for the clients to handle AND held by the spectator at all time. Yes, you do not touch them at all throughout the entire effect!

You patter about how impossibilities can be overcome with the power of mind. If one can believe oneself and insist on believing until the very last moment, everything in life will eventually fall into place when the time comes.

In an blink of an eye, the pendant links into the necklace in midair from the spectator's very hand. With some basic skill of cold reading, we guarantee this can be one of the best investments for a serious performer in life. What does a tasteful prop, meaningful presentation, and opportunities for you to really know and get close to your VIP clients worth? Priceless!

A twist from the classic brass ring and rope trick, but so much better! It comes with a special designed piece of jewelry, but it doesn’t just stop there! The package comes with complete instructions and not just the method, also the psychology behind the handling, advance handling, complete hands-off presentation, etc. EVERYTHING that made this effect one of Will Tsai's signature pieces for his VIP clients is here and nothing is left out.

Everything is examinable and happens from spectators’ own hands.

The Infinity is designed into specific weight and material to not only allow the effect to happen with no effort, it will serve you as a piece of jewelry that builds your business and lasts you a lifetime.

The Infinity Ring comes with a lifetime warranty.
Looks like women`s jewelry. That`s my issue with this item. Also, if it`s so visual there should be a demo video. It`s quite hard to visualize what happens just by reading the description.
Your comments are pretty right , Patrick !
I agree. I am interested in the effect but that looks like something my girlfriend would buy at Tiffany's. And a demo is definitely needed here before I would part with any $$$.
Guy's actually wear jewlery like that. To be quite honest, the reason I'm actually interested in this item is for the fact that the jewlery is actually wearable (I like the Relic and all but seriously, not's not something one would really want to wear without looking a bit hokish, but the new version that uses the smaller coin is much better). Jay Sankey was right in Firestarters, male magicians should really read up on fashion ;) Now, the jewlery is very nice but what I want to know is how the effect end of it holds up.
So far it's three against one (against as in who thinks it's men's jewelry vs who doesn't) that think it's not men's jewelry and it's always the majority who decide what the norm is therefore I don't care what you or Sankey think about men's fashion. Most people who will see you wearing such a necklace will think you're gay. No offense. We're still human beings quite aware of the world around us. We aren't blind or dumb. Besides, we said it LOOKS like women's jewelry, we never said it wasn't men's. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that thing.

On the other hand, it might be a really nice prop to have if you have a story around it (you don't wear it, you have it in a little jewelry bag or something and you take it out) and so it doesn't seem like you bought it for yourself to wear, it has a history and it belonged to someone else. I still won't buy it because it's expensive for something I have no clue what it looks like. Unless it's UBER-VISUAL, I ain't buying.
[quote]
On 2008-12-17 15:28, kissdadookie wrote:
Guy's actually wear jewlery like that. To be quite honest, the reason I'm actually interested in this item is for the fact that the jewlery is actually wearable (I like the Relic and all but seriously, not's not something one would really want to wear without looking a bit hokish, but the new version that uses the smaller coin is much better). Jay Sankey was right in Firestarters, male magicians should really read up on fashion ;) Now, the jewlery is very nice but what I want to know is how the effect end of it holds up.
[/quote]

I suppose we all have our individual tastes... All I know is that in Australia, if you walk around with a faux diamond encrusted ring around your neck - someone is gonna hassle you about it. I'd much prefer the Relic around my neck - remember it's not the item but the story behind it. And I can't think of any feasible patter for this effect.

And no offense but I think it's funny you quoted Jay on that. I love Jay to bits, but I think he should heed his own advice! I mean the revelations shirt? Goodness me... It's an assault on my eyeballs!

Luke
Hmmm... I picture Crocodile Dundee wearing this. ;)
Is there a demo avaliable I would love to see this in action
vinny
There's no demo video, that's one of the issues we have with this product.
I am guessing here... but I have used this method quite a number of times.

It is a very counter-intuitive thing. I think what is being offered here is a nicer set of items to perform this with. What happens is pretty cool and requires slight practice. I do not think you will see a demo of this, for methodology reasons.

This looks like a very nice set and if you have never seen the method used, it will be facinating to watch. It was for me. I have used this as an analogy for things that seem impossible (but aren't). It was served me well in that regard.

If the style of "wares" suit you, and you don't know the method, it will be very interesting. Keep in mind, "method mavens", very little in the world of magic is real or new. This seems a convenient and usable application of this idea.

I like that the ad mentions the "psychology" of using this, and rightly so. I have carefully thought through that for myself. This is an essential element of using this method. This looks nice.

(With all respect, please do not PM me asking about this method. I have carefully worded everything I have said to not reveal a method, but to provide information requested.)

With regards,

Sean
If everything happens in their hands, I don't see how there can be any methodology... That's why we want a demo. The description is not clear. I'm not asking anything more of you Waters, I'm just saying it doesn't make much sense.
Everything can happen in their hands.

Sean
Prove it by putting up a demo
It's not my effect. Please understand, I have not seen this product, nor am I endorsing it. Like all effects, there is a compromise.

Let me put it this way: If you had not read the description or any claims in an ad, but you had just witnessed this at a local magic shop, this would be cool. However, I think having to read the conditions and then work backwards makes this harder. It's like listening to a joke and liking the punch-line. However knowing the punchline and listening to the build-up is never as impressive.

I would describe this as a puzzling effect. I would say the "frame" for which this is done, is at least as important as the feat itself.

Sean
[quote]
On 2008-12-16 12:27, RIVARDJLR wrote:
When a piece of jewelry is specially manufactured in Japan with Swarovski diamonds, you know this is going to be a must-have elegant effect!
[/quote]

I have never heard of Swarovski diamonds. Only Swarovski crystals.
Infinity ring seems to be an Ellis/Gemini ring made to look like a finger ring. I can only imagine it has been done before (Joe Porper's wedding band ala Ellis).
[quote]
On 2008-12-17 19:40, shield wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-12-17 15:28, kissdadookie wrote:
[/quote]

I suppose we all have our individual tastes... All I know is that in Australia, if you walk around with a faux diamond encrusted ring around your neck - someone is gonna hassle you about it. I'd much prefer the Relic around my neck - remember it's not the item but the story behind it. And I can't think of any feasible patter for this effect.

And no offense but I think it's funny you quoted Jay on that. I love Jay to bits, but I think he should heed his own advice! I mean the revelations shirt? Goodness me... It's an assault on my eyeballs!

Luke
[/quote]

I thought Sankey's revelation shirt was a joke such as his Muncing routine. But it isn't??! Ok, then that should be against the law.
Hello,

DVLKCC said:
Infinity ring seems to be an Ellis/Gemini ring made to look like a finger ring. I can only imagine it has been done before (Joe Porper's wedding band ala Ellis).

The Infinity Ring is not the same as an Ellis or Gemini Ring. It is not a finger ring. The effect/routine is completely different.

Sean Waters is right on the money with his posts above. Thanks Sean.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
[quote]
On 2008-12-18 09:52, Paul Gross wrote:

The Infinity Ring is not the same as an Ellis or Gemini Ring. It is not a finger ring. The effect/routine is completely different.
[/quote]

Ad copy isn't very clear. I assumed it meant diamond ring. Apologies.

Best,

Doug
[quote]
On 2008-12-18 09:52, Paul Gross wrote:
Hello,

DVLKCC said:

Sean Waters is right on the money with his posts above. Thanks Sean.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
[/quote]

It was my pleasure, Paul.

With regards,

Sean
Still don't know how it looks like.

I will pass.
I may seem biased to most here since I work at Hocus Pocus, but I love the Infinity Ring. Paul and I are having so much fun with it that every time we get a free moment, we are showing it to people who walk into the shop and to each other. We only received 24 and have sold half of them already.

The Infinity Ring itself is gorgeous and has a lifetime guarantee. This is one of the reasons I purchased it and am reviewing it on the newest Trick Talk MagiCast, which should be completed sometime today. If the style of the ring doesn't fit you, I understand your reasons, but I can promise you that if you simply wear this around your neck, you're going to get asked about it and boom -- you're off to the races.

The actual method is an older method that many either have forgotten about or have never seen, but is so much fun to perform that when the ring links onto the chain, the reactions are fantastic.

And yes, I'm wearing it right now.
I own a few products from Will Tsai and they are all of high quality and unique in its effect. This one will surely be another winner! I have placed my order and can't wait to receive it... Will let you guys know what happens when I received mine.

Aaron
Aaronish Magic
Hello Aaron,

Your going to love when you get it. I read the instructions and had it mastered in 5 min. This is something that you'll carry with you and perform all the times. Like Mike said above we both have had a great time showing it off to visitors at the shop today.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
I don't have the Infinity Ring, but have been looking at the ad on Hocus-Pocus and
reading the posts here.

I have just some thoughts.

I don't see it as looking like woman's jewelry and Mike Giusti, who looks like a fairly tough guy, wears it around his neck, I think that shows it's not an issue.

But if you feel that you couldn't wear it and the effect is something you think would be "A' material, you could fit your patter around that.

Based on the effect "in an blink of an eye, the pendant links into the necklace in midair from the spectator's very hand"

You could remove it from a leather pouch, or small jewelry box of some sort and tell the story that this was your grandmothers given to her by your grandfather. "Their two hearts, like this pendant an necklace, could never be separated, through all eternity".

More and more, I find audiences enjoy magic with emotional hooks.
What I see from the picture add is a ring tied , NOT linked like a linking ring.

Am I correct ???
I think I understand how this works now. If someone can tell me if this concept can be found in the Klutz Book of Magic, I can tell them that I know exactly what this is. I can see how the jewelry is made to make this self working and it seems like it was a very clever idea. I still won`t buy it though.
[quote]
On 2008-12-19 09:46, RIVARDJLR wrote:
What I see from the picture add is a ring tied , NOT linked like a linking ring.

Am I correct ???
[/quote]

I asked HP the same question and was told that the chain looked wrapped around or tied as in the photo. Perhaps Mike from HP or Paul could come back and comfirm this. If so it may be a nice presentation.
[quote]
On 2008-12-19 17:58, takeachance wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-12-19 09:46, RIVARDJLR wrote:

Am I correct ???
[/quote]

I asked HP the same question and was told that the chain looked wrapped around or tied as in the photo. Perhaps Mike from HP or Paul could come back and comfirm this. If so it may be a nice presentation.
[/quote]

Thanks for information.
If it works how I think it works (and I'm almost 99.9% sure I know how it works now that someone pointed out the obvious that the image was of the ring tied onto the chain) then I don't find it very magical at all. Just a fairly impressive stunt.
Can anyone clarify if it can be done 'in spectator's hands' ?

Aaron
Aaronish Magic
Hello Aaron,

Yes this can be done in the spectators hands.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
The original was a sleight of hand thing but now this guy's come up with a way to gimmick a ring so that it's perfectly weighted so that a spectator can accomplish this without knowing the precise way to toss the ring. I think it's clever but nothing I'd be amazed over. The description definitely makes it sound more magical/impossible than it really is. Technically a demo video would wouldn't lessen sales since it's the jewelry that does it all on its own. Sure they might understand the concept by watching the demo but they still have to buy the product to be able to accomplish it the way the Infinity Ring accomplishes this effect.
I believe that this is an upscale version of the harness ring on the circle of ball chain. You can see this at every convention selling for about $10. The ad states this
is a ring and rope move.
It is for you to decide if the aesthetics
are worth the price difference. Glenn
Paul Gross wrote me asking if I'd like to see this. Not strings attached ( I've known Paul a number of years ). Well, I already had a routine, without having seen it, so I said OK.

So it arrived in two days somehow. It's about the size of a silver dollar. I never look at instructions when I first get something and was looking to over and then remembered that effect with the ring and chain. That one, while clever, I never met anyone that could do it 100%.

Well, it's been 10 or more years since I held the old effect, but I nailed Infinity Ring on the first try.

I got out a pad and, I hit 29 out of 29 times. I then read the detailed instructions and they do in fact tell of the history and give detailed instructions, presentations, cold reading ideas, tips, etc.

I got a few packages today and I had this out and my girl thought my Mom sent it to me. I put it on and asked her what she thought. She thought it looked like rapper bling.

So I said, it was my grandmother's. I then went into my routine. I may give the full details later, but in essence, I first let the ring fall and I catch it. The second time, according to my routine and with her help, I trusted her power of faith and belief and kept my hand away. It was all on her to make it work and not fall to the ground and break ( quite a bit of drama here ).

I let it go, the ring fell and...attached to the chain.

She gasped. I tugged on the ring and told her this is really attached. I had her unclasp the necklace and un-thread it.

She examined it and looked at me and of course asked me was I messing with her and this was a trick. I confessed a friend that owned a magic shop sent it and told her that there is no gimmick.

I did the routine again and this time, I let her drop the ring. Perfect. So, you can let them drop the ring. Would they be 100%? Hmmm. Since I let them hold the chain, I think they are already involved enough and with my routine, they actually are doing the magic.

I then let her in on it and she came up with perhaps a better routine than I had and wants to do it for her Mom on Christmas eve.

OK, so, the gold, so to speak, of this is that it's dead accurate. If you do exactly as is explained, it works every time. They must have solved the proper weight/balance issue that the brass type rings made it hit or miss ( maybe not for everyone, but anyone I knew ).

With the proper routine ( I believe one that has an emotional hook as I think tricks or puzzles ruin it ) you have a winner.

My girls comment about the bling got us thinking and she suggested just carrying it in the jewelry case it comes with and telling the same grandmother story I told her.

I like that, but I sure would rather wear it because it will get commented on. I'll have to see about that issue.

I "think" you could even use it as a pendulum if you enjoy that type of magic.

Here it is. You decide if it's something you'll use.

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?product=11099
Could you have it engraved with ancient text of some kind so it didn't look link bling?
Just back home from my show and I feel that I have the urge to leave a review here before I go to bed. The package arrived my place a few hours before I was about to head out for my show, WOW, the first magic product ever WOW me in terms of the product quality and overall packaging (have you ever seen 'quality' in magic product packages before? ), before going into the trick, I already found my money's worth, but that's all beside the core question. So how was trick itself?

Everything in the advertisement is found to be legit. Everything is done without any 'moves' and happens all in spectator's hand. The instruction was very detailed and straight forward. Took me 5 minutes to master it and even bang on the first time trying it. That was very visual even for myself. Why did they not put up a demo video?!

The instruction contains all moves and useful displays, a mentalism presentation, a cold reading starter's section for beginners, etc... Although the presentation given is not my style, but I think it's really worth a read and will play very well with the premise given from the necklace.

I found this worth my investment for what I have received, until I decided to wear it on my neck before going to my show...

WOW, this thing is incredible!!! I didn't expect such great reactions. And YES, people asked about the necklace to get you do it. I was only hoping to try the new toy out for a few times but ended up doing for the whole night and it rocked the room. I first did the effect without really going into presentation, and it was already great because people were looking close to it with everything in their own hands, but they had no idea how it happened. After I realized this is far beyond what I thought it was, I tried to work out the presentation with what I remember from the cold reading instruction. At the end of the night, I performed the trick to the wife of one of the VIPs with simple readings and bits of encouragement. The reaction was huge and wrapped up the show nicely.

On my way back home while driving, I received a call from that VIP and asked if I would be able to make it to their next event..... INCREDIBLE!! And that's what makes me feel this urge to leave this review at almost 4 o'clock in the morning!! I never realized such a simple effect can play that strong.

I am trying to give this review as fair as I could, but I am just still very excited from what I had been through from my show today.

I re-read my post and found it to be a bit cheesy, but this is not an ad, I am not paid to leave ads at 4 o'clock in the morning. I am just a very happy customer that's very excited about what I have received for my investment, and sharing my experience with all.

I am already looking forward to this guy's future release!

Aaronish Magic
Aaron
What material is the set made of? Will it oxidize?
Hello Okami,

The Infinity Ring will not tarnish or oxidize.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
I still won't buy this for that much money but I guess I was wrong about it being a simple puzzle to spectators. I'm glad people are enjoying it.
Patrick, we all have our own tastes, etc.

I would say the cost is that it's a precision piece that is sure fire, won't tarnish, etc. and has so many performance possibilities.

I hope anyone that gets it doesn't get tempted to make it a puzzle "can you do this".

I'm going to use it New Years Eve and have a couple of different performance ideas.
Just like to share a second thought of what I found interesting. My wife saw the necklace on me two days straight and got interested, asked if she can wear it. Of course. We went out to do some last minute shopping and met an old friend in the mall. We had a bit of conversation, and I 'borrow' the necklace from my wife to show the trick. It worked out pretty well as an borrowed object! The design of the necklace is pretty unisex, looks fine on both man and woman, casual and formal. I really like the thinking behind this trick.

Patrick,if you wear accessories, you'll find the price to be reasonable for the necklace itself. The quality is really good, precisely made, and made to last. Even comes with warranty to cover any damage possibly caused by the nature of the trick.

I had so much fun with this and will keep on playing with it. Will share if I run into any new ideas.

Aaron
Aaronish Magic
I just bought this and I must chime in. It is very very cool. If you are worried about the bling factor, turn it the other way when wearing it, and you will just have a silver ring with the diamond looking parts against your shirt until it is time to perform. This is the first trick that, after opening, I was still puzzled with. I thought "How in the heck can this actually work it is a ring and a chain without gaps or trick sliders or anything?" I picked up the ring, and then the necklace, followed the instructions and dropped the ring. As it dangled, tied to the necklace, before my eyes, I was speechless. I had just done the trick and I did not know how it worked yet. Needless to say, this is a must carry for me now. I love it. -Matt Sconce
This is Will Tsai. Sorry for my late presence. I am not a regular Café member, my buddy Gerard informed me that there's such a thread and thought I would check it out on Christmas day. Merry Christmas everyone! I'm glad that people who purchased the effect are enjoying it. It has been a pet effect for myself and a few close friends for years until now. I've received huge and crazy feedbacks after releasing this effect. Thanks for everyone's support.

For people who has concern about this product ( may it be design, price, ... etc), as mentioned in the ad, I am sure this won't be for everyone. As the matter of fact, there's isn't a single magical effect that I am aware of fits everyone's performing persona. So does the design of an accessory. I hold my sincere respect for all different opinions. For the people who have purchased the effect, thank you for your support of our hard work. For the people who didn't like the effect for any reason, thank you too for letting us know your opinion.

Again, Merry Christmas and pre-happy new year!

Will Tsai

PS. I'll be transferring a series of products from Japan next year. Check out Hocus-Pocus regularly, they will always be the first to carry my products in US area. :)
To those who think that it's not fashionable, particularly Gregoire, what's you sense of style? I'll tell you this right off the bat, most magician's sense of style is more or less horrible. When was the last time you've shopped at a higher end clothing store? Macy's do not count. If you think the Relic makes you look cool, good luck with that, it's a interesting piece but it's definitely not fashionable. Thinking that people who are homosexual are the only ones who are fashion forward tells two things about a person, that person has a very closed minded and stereotypical way of thinking and secondly, they probably never grew out of their high school and college days of baggie jeans and hoodies. I would put good money and bet that most of the male magicians pretty much refuse to wear any other colours apart from black, grey, white, and probably brown. Many of them probably also think that it's ok to wear a striped shirt with a pinstriped suit with a patterned tie. Like I stated in my earlier post, most magicians actually do not have fashion sense, Gregoire, you telling me that I was outnumbered 3 to 1 or what not proves absolutely nothing here. LoL. Look, not here to offend anyone but just think about fashion and what's in, look through some men's magazine as well, it really helps. We're performers, being performers, appearances count A LOT. Getting dressed for a even doesn't just mean put on any button down and any suit, it means putting on something that looks great. For those who have girlfriends or wives, I highly suggest the next time you go out to shop, ask your misses along and have them suggest what looks good on you. That's that, back to the subject of this particular effect, the Infinity Ring, it looks very nice but I'm more concerned about the size of the ring, if it's a big ring then that would be a fashion faux pas and just look silly, this being the size of a silver dollar, that would place it in the no no side of things and in fact, it does look a bit silly. If it was a nice size around the size of a finger ring, that sounds pretty good and would look nice. I guess I'm not getting this in the end as it's just way too big to look good.
Just to add, since I forgot to in the last post, the Firestarters DVD by Sankey is actually very very very good. Both the effects that are taught as well as some very good basics on communicating with females and communicating in general. The material he chose to teach also augmented flirting very well. Let's just say this, if you just met a female and you're put into a position of performing a little bit of magic, do you know what is KILLER in that situation? Something like a coin on shoulder routine. The reason? A coin on shoulder routine gives you a LOT of room for flirting as well as an acceptable amount of touchy feely (not touchy feely like a dirty old man, but touchy feely in a casual way which is very flirty and in the context of the effect, as well as being a very non-obtrusive way of meshing both personal spaces for you and her). Did I need to watch Firestarters to learn this? No, I've learned that on my own, but guess what? Many people have no concept of this so Firestarters is actually a VERY good jumping off point to learn some of this common sense along with some good effects. So, is Jays advice on Firestarters sound? Yes. Here's the sad thing, many skipped that volume because it came out during the time Jay was pumping out DVDs practically every other week, plus a video on how to pick up girls using magic does indeed sound ridiculous but Firestarters is a very very good video.
Wow, let's not get to the offensive side here. Just popping up and share some of my later thought. I also agree on what Kissdadokie said about most performers are a little lacking sense in fashion (like myself). But after wearing Infinity Ring for about a week, it really does look nice considering the compliments I've received along the trick performance. Not only that I enjoy performing this effect as it is very strong from my first hand experience, and I also enjoy wearing it on my neck. Will Tsai, if you see this, just want to let you know that I love the effect and keep up the good work! Looking forward to your future release.

Aaron
Aaronish Magic
Kissdadookie, I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion on fashion style and how this particular effect fits them as an individual. I would not have even posted except that I suppose I was targeted along with Gregoire having commented on this item's feminine look.

The fact that you mentioned shopping at an 'upscale store' was rather interesting. It reminds me of when I myself worked in the fashion industry for a brief time. I went to a job interview (which I got) at an upscale men's clothing store here in Brisbane. This company specialises in high end tailored suits, and are well known for their ridiculously expensive clothing. At the time I had next to no money and had purchased a suit from a local men's discount store. Matched nicely with a half decent tie and shirt, I went to my interview. During this interview the owner of the business commented on the cut of my suit, and said "that's beautiful, did you get that from us?". His face went pale when I told him that I had paid all of $100 for it.

I don't think that you need to spend ridiculous amounts of money on clothing to look fashionable. And who decides what is and isn't fashionable anyways? Each magician is an individual, and no doubt has his/her own individual tastes. I personally read lot's of men's magazines, and purchase a lot of expensive clothing. I myself own a few suits which cost me well over $2000 each. This doesn't necessarily mean that I look better than the next guy who bought his at a discount store.

If I was a performer for childrens parties, do you think they would prefer a magician who rocked up in a bright red suit with a spinning yellow bow tie or a guy in the latest Armani outfit straight from the most popular men's magazines? I have an inkling that they would prefer the previous style.

I am not trying to offend you with this post, but your comments could have been misconstrued as offensive, not just to magicians posting on this thread but entertainers in general. Once again I have to state that although many performers have commented positively on this product, I could not purchase it due to it's look. Perhaps it's the photos, perhaps it's that I see no logical patter for it (I liked Aaronnish's idea though!) but I can't see myself purchasing this. I think that the idea is superb and am fascinated by it, but it is the look that is holding me back. After a few more posts who knows, I may splurge and give it a go!

Will, great work and I love the idea! I'd love to see a performance video from someone so that I could see this effect in action!

Luke

P.S. And personally, I find that using magic to pick up women is a touch tacky. You can't beat a little charm, a nice smile and genuine attitude. Then again that's just me! Each to their own!
To be honest, you can buy a lot of very nice looking pieces and not spend a lot. One good example is H&M but the problem with H&M is that the physical quality of the products are way off from being acceptable. A lot of people like Express but to be honest, Express' style leans towards the confirmed bachelor (don't confuse it with eligible bachelor). My point in going to the nice boutique and high end stores is that you will see what's in style and basically learn that so you have a better sense of what to purchase when you actually go out for clothe shopping. Anyhoots, the size of the Infinity ring is way to big to me and thus I will not be picking it up. I wish it was a bit smaller. :P

No offense taken and I apologize if anybody felt offended by my posts. I was just stating an issue that many people don't consider. I suppose that it's just a guy thing, most guys I guess don't take their appearance into consideration. As a rule of thumb, there's many things in life that you need to be self aware about (sensibly, not overly obsessed) because most people do not speak what's on their minds so they will most often than not think "What a bad dresser" but will never tell it to you. Kind of like magic, you perform and you have to learn how to gauge reactions because you have to be doing a REALLY bad job for your audience to tell it to you to your face. Children performers of course has a whole different kind of style consideration that they need to consider, but my comments did not have children performers in mind.
Kissadookie, I could kiss you. Glad we can agree ;)

Luke
I'd appreciate it if you guys called me by my first name...

The 3 against 1 wasn't an attack, that's why I put in brackets that "against" simply defined the two sides of the story. It was relevant, it meant that the norm is decided by the majority. If most people think something looks feminine, then it'll be considered to be for females. I wasn't saying that just because three magicians said a necklace looked feminine and one said it didn't that the necklace was therefore for females. I just meant that at that moment you were saying (Jay was saying) that male magicians lack fashion sense and I pointed out that since the majority of those discussing the jewelry were saying it didn't look masculine then you'd be the minority therefore go back to the third sentence of this post.

Nothing in this post is meant as a threat or as impoliteness. I said it all in a nice, calm voice. I just needed to clarify. It was all personal opinions. I went a bit too far by saying that any guy wearing this will probably be called gay, but other than that it was all just what I thought. I don't mind if others like this and want to wear it, that doesn't affect me at all. Oh and also when I said that I didn't care what you or Jay thought, I meant that in the sense that it's pretty much a fact that majority decides the norm therefore your thoughts are irrelevant on the subject since the majority was saying it looked feminine. Just ignore everything and enjoy your Infinity ring lol.
Hey Patrick,

Sorry I used your last name, it was way easier to remember than Patrick (thus the reason Banachek changed his stage name to Banachek instead of Steve Shaw). Anyways, I don't actually have one (Infinity Ring). As I said, the ring looked good but it's obviously way too big being the size of a silver dollar. That's a big no no, totally looks awkward. Thus, I'm not actually going to purchase one of these as it would look just as odd being a piece of jewelery as the Relic (which I do have but I never wear it on my neck, I usually have someone hold on to it as I go into my pocket for a Sharpie bringing out both the Relic and the Sharpie, but the Relic isn't in play as I come back to it after an effect or two which does not use it, by that time the spectator has built up curiosity for the Relic which then I can easily go into using it as an impromptu piece).

Back to your majority and minority comment. Like I said previously, most magician's lack fashion sense so we're still back to square one with this discussion. If you think you have good fashion sense, then good for you. I know plenty of magician's that think it's cool to wear a card tie, so that goes for show how tacky many magicians are. The only good looking card tie I've ever seen was from Duncan Quinn (excellent designer by the way, bespoke suits that are perfectly tailored at the price that is often a little less than a off the rack Armani) and those were in very limited quantities and have long been discontinued since that particular designer makes his items in runs of 20 or so for each design. It's obvious that you don't care about what my views and Sankey's views are and that's fine. I brought up the whole point just to make folks a little bit more aware of how they dress. It's not the brand of clothing that you wear that makes it look good, it's how it fits, the colours, and detailing. It just happens that the better designers have better pieces which eventually the main stream shops start imitating. It was just a few years ago where not a single guy dared to wear a pink shirt, now look what happened, pink button downs are very popular now. So in this sense, Sankey was right on the money but then again, Sankey was stating the obvious. Sadly the obvious thing we call "common sense" is often not that common.

The majority decides the norm, that is true. That is also why a "fitted" shirt in American standards is actually a very casual/roomy/boxy cut because American men feels safe with a looser cut. However, what no doubt looks better is a more fitted cut for clothes. Nothing beats a custom tailored shirt or suit, know why? Because it's more fitted but guess what, since majority rules, you see more roomier cut clothing for men because the majority doesn't know better. Again, not attacking anybody but I made my point to get people thinking about it. Just look at some of the better working magicians out there, look at the way they dress, they definitely DO NOT dress like the majority of performers out there (of course, children's performer's are a different story). Let me just name one that we all know, Steve Cohen, that man is definitely dressed great and he is undoubtedly a top notch performer. He is also definitely not of the "majority" if you think about it. So in conclusion, no offense to anybody (can't state that enough) but why do we have to confine ourselves to the "majority" instead of putting more effort into all aspects of our performance which also includes the far too often neglected aspect called physical appearance. It's all part of our performance, it all counts, plus with first impressions being oh so very important in the social environments in which we perform in, we need to look approachable and well presented thus keeping up with trends and being a bit fashion conscious is important. We're all familiar with the term, think outside of the box, but we never apply it to the other aspects of performance apart from our patter and methods which is a bit sad.
Here's some more review on the other thread.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=290161&forum=109&28&start=0#27
[quote]
On 2008-12-30 12:34, AaronishMagic wrote:
Here's some more review on the other thread.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=290161&forum=109&28&start=0#27
[/quote]

Posted what the "jewelry" is made of on that thread.

Best-
I recceived this yesterday.
The method is exactly what I thought it was, BUT.....

This makes the effect effortless. The spectator CAN do this in their own hands which makes the cold reading even more beleivable to them.Apparently there is another version of this available...for $120 (better chain and lifetime guarantee)
This $80 version comes with a beaded chain (old school) BUT, again this has been jazzed up, as each bead is more like a hexagon. NICE!!
No direction in the box, however, they are on the website (only login and password are in the box with the warranty card)Fantastic idea! This way the directions can be added to at anytime, not just affecting NEW buyers, but allowing everyone to get the upgrade.

For $80.....I give this an 8.5 out of 10.

Best-
magicmind
After reading all the info and reviews I,m still confused on one issue. The spectators can drop the ring themselves and it links everytime?

With the old standard version I cannot get it to link 100% of the time. Is this new ring weighted a special way? What am I missing.
The design and weight of this allows it to work...from my findings....95% of the time.
Paul,
Your add reads

Everything is examinable and happens from spectators’ own hands.

The Infinity is designed into specific weight and material to not only allow the effect to happen with no effort, it will serve you as a piece of jewelry that builds your business and lasts you a lifetime.

The Infinity Ring measures a full 1.75 inches in diameter, making it the perfect conversation piece and has a unique look all it's own. It even comes with a lifetime warranty.

Remember, this is a Hocus Pocus Exclusive, which means you'll only find it here, and nowhere else.

Please note that this is a non-discounted item and is not subject to any said sales, discounts, etc.

Product is not discountable.
Retail: $79.95

the one I bought from you....says 3 year warranty.....on their website, it is the $120 version that has a lifetime warranty. Which is it on the one you sell, lifetime or 3 years?
Via an email, I was told the ad was corrected. This has a 3yr warranty.

I like the fact that this can be used as a prop for other things too.

Not a bad $80 prop either...
Hi this is Will Tsai. Was informed to check out the other thread about my color changing effect and just drop by to say Hi to everyone :) . It's amazing how much people like the Infinity Ring. So far, I haven't received a single complain but admires from the owners about how much they enjoy the product. The pride goes to Paul Gross from Hocus-Pocus for such great customer service, and of course, all the people who supported the project with their investment.

Best wishes for everyone in their 2009,

Will Tsai
How about some insight into the effects that come with this. Frankly, just the ring and chain wouldn't sell it to me for $80. However, if the supplied effects and patter were great, then it would be a different story. Can anyone elaborate on these?
Someone must be able to comment on the routines!
The fact that it is precisely produced and the overall physical product, I found it worth the money. Depend on your style, the routine and presentation supplied won't fits everyone. But to me, I'd pay $80 alone just to buy the presentation. Again, it won't for everyone though.

Aaron
Aaronish Magic
Is this what Infinity Ring will look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=835YXKzS06Q
Yeah, basically. But you have to provide better patter besides stating the obvious.
You're right DVLKCC. Which is why I asked for a review of the supplied routines. The patter would be critical, otherwise its an expensive puzzle. Hopefully Chris can get back to us on what he thought of the supplied routines for a bit of a review.
Well this has hit the market once again so thought I'd bring it up again. Can anyone comment on the patter used in the routine, I think everyone is aware of the mechanics. For me I'd only buy it if it had a sensational script
I've been actively following their line since Infinity Ring. I love it! In my humble opinion, not only the prop is very well produced, to say the patter is very well thought out would be an understatement. The script blends in seamlessly with the effect. It involves a clever double talk that has a moral behind the effect to encourage your participant. I am not sure if I should or have the right to say too much about it here. But this would give you an idea... I bought it about a year ago and it's still on my neck whenever I am meeting potential or VIP clients. I wholeheartedly recommend this!

Aaron
I am not sure if I can tell too much about this. But I've heard something about Infinity Ring 2.0 ...
[quote]
On 2010-04-23 04:57, G. wrote:
I am not sure if I can tell too much about this. But I've heard something about Infinity Ring 2.0 ...
[/quote]

I hope it's less shiny than the first one.
People love this effect performed for them. Don't make it a goofy magic 'trick'. Develop some solid story and you'll have a piece of wonder you can always perform.

Chris
But how are the scripts that come with it Chris?
Not sure if I am qualify to answer your question Takeachance, but I like it! I am open to private PMs bud.

Will
Well just discussed some of the script with Will. It seems to follow a motivational theme starting with a short reading. Sounds like positive reinforcement which is always a positive for me to perform. I guess after all this time it has interested me enough to pick it up. If the story telling and script is solid, it is well worth the price. It'll take a few weeks to get back on this but I'll let all know what I think for those interested
cheerz
Also placed my order as many friends had recommended it. Heard the script is written in clever double talk manner and also very inspiring. Can't wait...
Pretty expensive prop... is the ring made with real diamonds? :)
I don't think REAL diamond would be sold for 80 bucks and three year warranty. But a few friends recommended it and said it was very fairly priced as an accessory that does beautiful things. Mine is on its way. Will keep folks here posted in a week or so (hopefully).
Have any of your spectators been suspecting it for being a gimmicked necklace or something?
I still haven't received mine. But from what I've heard, it doesn't look like anything associates with magic. Plus everything will be handled by spectator as the magic happens in their hands. Looking forward for mine to arrive...
Can the ring and chain be examined?
[quote]
On 2010-05-07 00:34, Silvio wrote:
Can the ring and chain be examined?
[/quote]

yes
This is absolutely beautiful. And the magic is very nice. Especially when it happens in the spectators hand or even when the spectator accomplishes the magic after you give them the patter about "letting go and when you able to fully let go of things that are stressing you in life, when you can do this (the ring drops and gets looped within the chain you can proceed to say) you can finally get a hold of the situations in your life". The really WOWS the spectators. But the previous posts are right- it really makes the trick when you have a good story behind it, and the one that comes with it is a GREAT start- either to use it or to start developing your own. But I must say, even without a good story, the magic that happens is pretty amazing! Not to mention the Ring is AWESOME looking. I highly recommend this. I was on the fence about spending $80.00, but I am very pleased that I did, especially for the reactions I am getting with it. And to have everything FULLY examinable- that's awesome! And- you can even use someone elses necklace- as long as it is not to rigid or thick.

RNK
Glad you enjoy it RNK. The beauty of this effect is the script and presentation correspond with the effect seamlessly, associating the audience's personal experience/situation in life with the visual and in-their-hand type of sensation. I am proud of this one and have been using it for years with amazing result. Hope it'd serve you the same. I just posted a trial clip on Infinity Ring 2.0 to share with the fellows on the Café', which has some interesting takes on reversing and furthering the effect under the same context of presentation. It's not available to the public yet and the clip will probably be taken off soon. But definitely take a look. :)

Best wishes,
Will
[quote]
On 2009-01-13 08:52, Krazyjay wrote:
Is this what Infinity Ring will look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=835YXKzS06Q
[/quote]

I don't get it??? This is the same trick, a very old one that I've been doing since a kid, got it in one of those old Christmas Stockings with a bunch of magic tricks in it...a chain and ring. I've seen several vids like the one above of people doing it over the years. I know this one is made out of better material but...I don't know, I don't get it, it looks basically like the same thing to me??? I mean, is the biggest point here that it has a supplied "patter?" Or is it like the old plastic tricks (i.e., Ball & Vase) now offered as collector's items made of gold-like heavy metal? Just asking?

But I see people seem to enjoy it regardless and that's about the biggest thing to it, so good luck with it. :)
I stumbled across this thread and agree with Mb. A 1mm ball chain plus a 1 buck steel ring is better value. The correct presentation is more important than diamonds on the ring. For those who have bought this and enjoy the beauty, ownership and performance, well done to you and hope you continue to enjoy.
I was on the fence about the price tag to, but now when I perform with this, the beauty of the prop really opens the eyes of the spectator and you can just see the excitement in their eyes when I go into the patter about life and how things always come to a full circle- and when you are going through life on a smooth road (as I gesture around the circle) then you hit some bumps in the road (the crystals) and then I say- but Boy- if I could encounter bumps like these (the crystals) all the time- life might not be so tough! The beauty of the prop opens up a wider range for patter topic. But- you guys are right- it is expensive for the actual effect- but man- its so elegant looking!

RNK
I see the Infinity Ring sold at some online magic shops but none say that it is the Infinity Ring 2.0. Where is that one sold?

MB - Sounds like you haven't bothered to read the whole thread. You'd get a better impression of the device.

Thanks!

Jim
Noticed this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jewelry-Infinity-Ring-/110611670967?pt=UK_Collectables_MagicTricks_RL&hash=item19c0f827b7
Correct me if I am wrong, but this is exactly the same effect as "chained" by Ickle Pickle, right? Only difference is that "Chained" has been arround for ever, and sells for 7.50$...
http://themagicwarehouse.com/SP2688/Chained-Ickle-Pickle.html
I've picked up a few off those rings off ebay as backups. It's just horrible rip-offs. Couldn't stand the quality and it went straight into my daughter's toy box along with the rip-off d-lites.

I've bought Infinity Ring from day one and absolutely love it. The quality is second to none and most importantly, the presentation takes the scope of the effect into another level. From the reaction I have been getting from performing it, it makes me re-evaluate the material I perform. It's still a regular effect I go to when I work. A beautiful piece of magic that will earn friendships and bookings! Worth every penny in my opinion.

Aaron
To be a rip-off, it has to be a copy. In the casse of "Chained", it was on the marked MANY years before infinity ring came to exist. As a matter of fact, I remember being taught that effect when I was about ten years old. The magician who had showed me the effect back then was already "older than dirt", so I even bet that this exact effect has been arround for longer than I have been alive... The same can certainly not be said about "infinity ring". So when talking about rip-offs, we have to be carefull here. I have looked at the promotional video, and I am sorry to say that I have not seen anything new... For 80$, I hope the bling is REALLY nice! Because the effect certainly is not new.
I have just received the Infinity Ring.
The ring is very well made and is very elegant. It is well worth the $80 IMHO. Yes, I know the trick is very old. But IMO, the design and the quality of the ring makes a big difference as far as the layman's perception is concerned. The patter that comes with the IR is very nice to start with. It gives you ideas to create your own patter. The package includes the ring, a practice chain, and the warranty card. Even though the chain supplied is good for practicing and for daily use, I would recommend a chain that is made of either silver or steel. It will make you feel better when performing and adds to to the strength of the routine IMHO.

You can PM me if you have any questions.

Best,

Atinc ZOR
[quote]
On 2010-12-23 09:10, atinczor wrote:
I have just received the Infinity Ring.
The ring is very well made and is very elegant. It is well worth the $80 IMHO. Yes, I know the trick is very old. But IMO, the design and the quality of the ring makes a big difference as far as the layman's perception is concerned. The patter that comes with the IR is very nice to start with. It gives you ideas to create your own patter. The package includes the ring, a practice chain, and the warranty card. Even though the chain supplied is good for practicing and for daily use, I would recommend a chain that is made of either silver or steel. It will make you feel better when performing and adds to to the strength of the routine IMHO. ...
[/quote]

That is actually a very good comment! Thanks for the information about the quality of the product!

Louis
I don’t think there is a strong interest in marketing The Infinity Ring. I didn't see any links to the site selling this. Then supposedly a 2.0 version was coming out and I never did hear any more about that. (Not available on the creator's web site). And finally I also read here that The Infinity Ring was sold for $120 with a higher quality chain, but if it is then they sure are hiding them! I don’t see any such item anywhere at all.

What is the deal? Is there indeed an Infinity Ring 2.0? And is there an Infinity Ring with an upgraded chain?

Thank you.

Jim
This is going to be a very tough sell in a very small market. I wish him a lot of luck, but essentially, from what I gather, what is being sold here is in great part jewelry... along with an old illusion with potentially new finesses to the moves... Like I said, tough sell in a small market...

Louis
As a close friend to Will, from my understanding, this was release to set a record of Will's work. Although the set was never created with the intention to be marketed. It has been sold out for the past year. Many companies had contacted SM Productionz regarding the availability of the product. But it had always been sold out from their retail in the past year. Even Murphys had a very limited supplies and they were out in no time after having received it.

I've had the privilege of working with Will and am lucky enough to call him a friend over the past 6-7 years. His mind is pure gold and has constantly inspired me and my work. I can't recall how many times I've seen him turning a simple idea into an unbelievable personal experience for his audience. Infinity Ring is a great example of his work. The superior quality aside, the structure of the presentation in combination of the effect itself is something worth all serious mentalism students to study. The thinking behind this effect has influenced me on how I want to create the process and experience for my audience many years ago.

If you are looking for the next cool trick for your drawer collection like many, you probably won't find this worth your while. But if you want to create a unique experience for your audience and client, I highly recommend the set!

Just my two cents.

Best,
G.
[quote]
On 2010-12-31 05:59, G. wrote:

I've had the privilege of working with Will and am lucky enough to call him a friend over the past 6-7 years.

[b]* His mind is pure gold and has constantly inspired me and my work. I can't recall how many times I've seen him turning a simple idea into an unbelievable personal experience for his audience.

* Infinity Ring is a great example of his work. The superior quality aside, the structure of the presentation in combination of the effect itself is something worth all serious mentalism students to study.[/b]

* The thinking behind this effect has influenced me on how I want to create the process and experience for my audience many years ago.

If you are looking for the next cool trick for your drawer collection like many, you probably won't find this worth your while. But if you want to create a unique experience for your audience and client, I highly recommend the set!
[/quote]

G.: I totally agree with your opinion. Very well said.

:xmas:
G, nice comments. Do you know about any of the questions I posted in my post right above yours? I can't seem to find the Infinity Ring 2.0 anywhere - even the ring shown on Will's site is the original version. Also, can I swap out the chain on this with a different one? There was supposedly a Deluxe version with an upgraded chain available but I haven't seen that anywhere either.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Jim
[quote]
On 2011-01-20 00:17, J-Mac wrote:

1. [b]I can't seem to find the Infinity Ring 2.0 anywhere[/b]

2. [b]- even the ring shown on Will's site is the original version.[/b]
[/quote]

1. [url=http://www.kinggrand.com/products/New-Infinity-Ring-2.0-and-Necklace-by-Will-Tsai-%252d-Magic.html][b]Infinity Ring 2.0[/b][/url]

2. [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=364491&forum=218&post=6591282][b]THIS[/b][/url] might answer your query. (Please read WillieT.'s reply to Takeachance)

[quote]
On 2011-01-20 00:17, J-Mac wrote:

[b]Also, can I swap out the chain on this with a different one?[/b]
[/quote]

Yes, provided the chain is reasonably flexible and of the appropriate length. You might like to check [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=303281&forum=4&post=6033450][b]THIS[/b][/url] out. ;)

And

Happy [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=312209&forum=37&post=6116964][b]THINKING[/b][/url] !!! :) ;)

P.S. Over to [b]G./ WillieT.[/b] :)
Thanks Ustaad. However I still don’t know if that means that the regular Infinity Ring - without the 2.0 next to it - has the new performance stuff that was supposed to be in 2.0 included. Willie explained in your referenced post what his intentions were/are for 2.0 but not if they have ever been incorporated. Since there doesn’t seem to be any price difference I would definitely want to get the latest and greatest material!

Regarding the link about the chain, that doesn’t really explain if there is still a Deluxe version available with the upgraded chain. Also, in that post you mentioned that one must consider the weight and diameter of the ring against the thickness, length, and flexibility of the chain. So is there a particular ratio for this? Guesswork? Trial and error? (I hate the "error" part of that last line!!) If I wanted to purchase an upgraded chain I would like to know how that would affect the Infinity Ring effect. Especially since I keep reading that the Infinity Ring is designed with a diameter and weight distribution that allows it to "catch" virtually every time it is dropped. I'd hate to screw that up by getting a chain that affects the... uh...effect. ;)

Your final link refers to the above weight and diameter vs. thickness, length, and flex formula again but doesn’t answer the problem.

Thanks for your help with this, Ustaad!

Jim
Hi Jim,

You're most welcome Sir! :)

Sent you a PM.

Best regards,

Narendra

Hello J-Mac., sent you a PM J-Mac.

Thanks Ustaad! Been a great help and support as always!

Best regards,
G.
Thanks Narenda and G. for all the help!

Jim
Is it a secret?
[quote]
On 2011-01-21 12:45, rockwall wrote:

[b]Is it a secret?[/b]
[/quote]

[b]NO[/b], :) ;) but surprisingly I found a Patent for this trick. The patent issue year is 2008, the year the Infinity Ring was released.

P.S. Go to: http://www.pat2pdf.org/pat2pdf/foo.pl and fill-in the patent number i.e. [b]20080207343[/b] You can then download the complete PDF.
I managed to get hold of one recently, and I am really pleased with it......reactions to this are unbelievable considering the simplicity of the effect....Women love it.....I could see this being used by Mystery of the Game Book by Neil Strauss using this for PICK UP.

Bloody briliant IMO.........Straight into my set, awesome reactions and something a little different.

So far NOONE has managed to figure it out. It happens that fast.

So what is the score with version 2.0 NEW instructions? could really do with those.......were they never released?
I don't think the v2 instructions were ever released.
I have it also.its a very cool effect.
So is there any update on the 2.0 version? Is the ring different looking or what? Would love to know if anyone has any information on it.

Matthew
[quote]
On 2013-03-31 15:46, MatthewSims wrote:
So is there any update on the 2.0 version? Is the ring different looking or what? Would love to know if anyone has any information on it.

Matthew
[/quote]

I don't think 2.0 ever came out. I too love my Infinity Ring. Gets great reactions and there are a lot of great story presentations with this!

RNK
I am a (very) late adopter. Bought the Infinity Ring during a recent SansMinds sale. It is splendid.

Unfortunately, they originally marketed the ring so long ago that the video instructions were on their old server--and no longer worked. I wrote to them. They volunteered to make a new video teaching the effect. It took them a week or more, but they did it. The teaching is very clear, and they teach some methods that were not mentioned in the instructions for the two ring and chain props I'd bought earlier.

The instructions, and the better balanced ring, made a BIG difference. My other rings used to catch for me about 80% of the time; my Infinity Ring catches for me at least 95%.

SansMinds has a 30% sale on right now, for July 4th only. I can commend both the ring and their service, so check it out!

George
Thanks for your comments George. I too was interested in this product, but I was (and still am) reluctant to purchase it because when I perform the ring on chain trick, people sometimes understand how it happened. Yet, I believe my handling is perfect, there is no move at all. Usually, when you see people doing it (e.g., on Youtube), there is a move, which is very bad. But even in my situation, some people understand the secret the first time I do it (no more than 20-25% if my memory is correct). Most of the time, they ask me to do it again, and when I accept, the second time, they usually understand. As a matter of comparison, I can do the double lift two or three times in a row, they don't catch it (although I know it's risky to do so). But the worse were the kids. Every time I performed the ring on chain trick for kids, nearly 100% of them immediately understand the secret. Their explanation was indeed correct. For that reason, I stopped doing that trick, and it sits in my drawer.

I emailed SansMinds, asking them if they can make a video performance of the effect, but they didn't reply. Anyway, if the handling of Will Tsai is very different, and will fool people much better than the classic handling, I could buy it but I have no idea how good it will be.
Is this performance video sufficient for you to get a sense of it? https://vimeo.com/12221808
[quote]On Jul 5, 2017, tonsofquestions wrote:
Is this performance video sufficient for you to get a sense of it? https://vimeo.com/12221808 [/quote]
I know this video, in fact it looks like how I do it. No funnny move. I let the ring drops, and the link happens. Other than the fact that it's not difficult for people to understand the mechanics of it (unless perhaps if one uses misdirection when the ring drops), one issue with this however is that it's a one-effect prop. If there are several different effects which are possible with this prop, I have no idea.
Ahh, from your previous comment, I thought you were saying you hadn't seen any product videos.

I'd assumed this was close to the original presentation, but it's possible that it's not.
[quote]On Jul 5, 2017, tonsofquestions wrote:
Ahh, from your previous comment, I thought you were saying you hadn't seen any product videos.

I'd assumed this was close to the original presentation, but it's possible that it's not. [/quote]
Well, yes, I did say I haven't watched the performance video, perhaps I lacked clarity. I was refering to Will Tsai's handling. The description says that Will's handling was original, unique. And the handling I saw in this video has nothing special. I'm not necessarily surprised they didn't answer my request. After all, if they send a video performance featuring Will Tsai, I may know the method. But at the same time, since I don't know if it's as good as they say, I'm not ready to spend that much money.