(Close Window)
Topic: Need help choosing balls...
I am going to be ordering a [url=http://www.rnt2.com/product.aspx?productno=23]Little Don Chop Cup from RNTII[/url] in Copper and I wanted to know what color balls would go best with the cup. I use red for my copper PF's and people said that I should use brighter balls.

I'm just asking for opinions on the matter.

Thanks,
Uriel Nashofer
Depends who "people" is. Reds tend to blend in with skin tone more and so you're less prone to flash accidentally. For distance (and on camera) whites are the most visible (part of the reason the Mike Rogers mini-baseballs are so popular)

Brett Sherwood has balls with silver strands woven in with the crocheting which causes them to sparkle glisten in the light, but they're quite expensive compared to other balls.

Of course, the correct answer is, it really isn't that important what colour the balls are.
I have six diferent colors,and still don't know what color works better (i don't even know what is my favotite)
I still trying to figure out what would make a better color ball, so I end up collecting different colors, sizes, or strange objects that fit into the cup.

Try watching a C&B vid in B&W, would the color of the ball matter? I saw somebody do a great routine with fake mouses as final load, and somebody else used a cup full of diamonds as final load. The list goes on and on, so I guess the best thing is to discover what works best for you.

Have fun folks! :)
I went for white because I like the fact that no matter how shiny or patina'd I leave it, white will always be very visible. Another reason is because I do Dan Tong's routine which has a color change, and what better contrast is there from a white ball to a very dark ball?
I try and use white as much as possible, baseballs are the way I go.

Eddie
It depends on the color of surface you are working on as well as the color of your clothes. Most of the time, white works very well, unless you are working on a white tablecloth.
I also take the material of the cups into consideration. I always used white balls with my Sherwood silvers, but a few months ago, I realized that red "pops" much better. White with copper, red with silver, and I always work on a black surface.
I have a few sets of Josh Riel's monkey fists in different colors and for me the green and blue are both pleasing to my eyes against copper (shiny or patina)! Bill makes an excellent point regarding the color of the working surface and clothes which has been discussed fairly recently! Search around in this section for those posts for some more view points!

Uriel,
You may as well get every color under the rainbow since based on what I'm seeing my friend, YOU ARE BECOMING A C&B JUNKIE! Do you know how many times my wife has heard: "Just one more set honey", "But I need these balls (or loads) to go with those cups", "Honest babe, I can quit anytime"! ;)

Mick
The last three times I worked (Impomptu) I used wadded up aluminum foil, wadded up pieces of bread and wadded up chopstick wrappers. Someday I might bring a set of cups with me with balls... If so, I'd probably use the inside-out red baseballs Mike Rogers made for me (Inside out means rough suede-like finish)or the Riser monkey fists.
I have always thought that torgouise or light blue looks great against copper cups. Vibrant blue shades really pop against darker cups and are very visible.
And they help one get in touch with one's feminine side.
I saw some of the balls by Pascaline Denis (hope I spelled that right) on eBay. I was thinking of ordering, but wanted to check the measurements.

You see, I have ordered balls in the past that say 1", but are actually significantly larger because the seller/manufacturer lists the size of the core, not including the fabric.

I messaged Pascaline, who told me that their measurements include the fabric.

Just an fyi that I hope may help someone who is considering ordering these balls. I hear they are excellent.
[quote]
On 2008-12-17 23:36, Bill Palmer wrote:
And they help one get in touch with one's feminine side.
[/quote]

Hahaha, That's the aside of the month. Thank you for that!

Eddie
Josh's Square balls are finally a reality.
For those that wanted to know...
[quote]
On 2008-12-18 00:39, Chessmann wrote:
I saw some of the balls by Pascaline Denis (hope I spelled that right) on eBay. I was thinking of ordering, but wanted to check the measurements.

You see, I have ordered balls in the past that say 1", but are actually significantly larger because the seller/manufacturer lists the size of the core, not including the fabric.

I messaged Pascaline, who told me that their measurements include the fabric.

Just an fyi that I hope may help someone who is considering ordering these balls. I hear they are excellent.
[/quote]

Chessmann, I can vouch for the fact that Pascaline's balls ARE excellent. They handle beautifully and look great.

Geoffrey