(Close Window)
Topic: Christopher Taylor's "Solstice Wallet"
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jan 5, 2009 12:40PM)
I did finally find the proper place to insert Christopher Taylor's [b]Solstice Wallet[/b] in one of my effects.

I am telling you that Christopher is slowly converting me to trust electronic gizmos (and if you know me, you know I was totally against those things).

But, as for his RG I & II, this one is the state of the art, and the thing is a thing of beauty. I experimented on my own with both, led cuing and thumper cuing. I personally prefer the latter.

The wallet itself is a fine product and it can be used for any routine you have in mind [b]where[/b] you must identify one among five choices without needing to go near it nor to touch it again, once you have given it to your participant.

This is another great product from Christopher. I have now only to gauge how many times I can [b]safely[/b] use it before batteries go empty but I'll know I'll discover that very soon since now I will use this to get some info I need as the first part of a [b]major[/b] effect I perform.

P.S.: Double plug ahead - Did I mention that the "1 through 5" possibilities of the Solstice Wallet can come handy to couple with my own Athos? :bg:

http://www.taylorimagineering.com/products/solstice.php
My introduction to Christopher's work was through his books. I loved the thinking in Inside/Out and Unconventional and it was based on those works that I decided to buy Real Ghost when it came out.

Christopher puts out great stuff.
And as a guy who performs, he's pretty rigorous with its testing.

The list of stuff I wanna buy from him grows longer everyday. If you can afford it his electronic stuff is great... if you can't, do yourself a favour and pick up one of his books. All his effects have a Mentalism/Mental Magic/Storytelling quality to them.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jan 5, 2009 07:44PM)
Paolo and Dave, thank you for the kind words! The Solstice Wallet will not be officially released until the Blackpool (UK) convention in February. It will come with two DVDs with routines ideas from myself, Andrew Gerard, Matthew Johnson and Tony Chris. Cheers.

Christopher

:fyi: I forgot to mention that Alakazam and I will be offering a chance to pre-order Solstice at a discounted price in a short time. Cheers.

Christopher
Solstice Wallet

This all sounds very good!

I was wondering if you can repeat it whit different effects and if yes do I have to touch in between…

And I would like to see some pictures, front and back especially whit the exact size showen whit it (I saw one picture on the site but that was not very clear and it looked like something was attached to it)

Thank you Christoffer for putting out these nice effects, btw I love thinking inside-out too…

Cheers,

:)
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Feb 13, 2009 08:41PM)
Well, the Solstice demos are finally on YouTube. One's a pub-time quickie and the other's more relaxed and involved. Enjoy:
Solstice Blister: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWDfX7UgX3s

Solstice Psychic Cluedo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFPkvMZCpKM

Christopher
Another 2 thumbs up for another great product from Taylor Imagineering. Solstice is another winner!

Well done Christopher. Keep the creativity flowing.

Gerry
I also do a Cluedo routine with the Solstice, sometimes I add in a time of death ala Psychokinetic Time.

I like to add an extra method / layer in to avoid back tracking of ant kind, not that most would, I'm just a little paranoid.

This wallet is brilliant for walkaround and I have a miriad of idea's for it, it is so versatile.

I am just about to try an new one out this evening based on emotions and micro-expressions.
[quote]
On 2009-02-13 21:41, willowtaylor wrote:
Well, the Solstice demos are finally on YouTube. One's a pub-time quickie and the other's more relaxed and involved. Enjoy:
Solstice Blister: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWDfX7UgX3s

Solstice Psychic Cluedo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFPkvMZCpKM

Christopher
[/quote]

Great videos -- really show the potential -- I've already thought of several effects to do with the Solstice -- too bad the monies just are there -- not yet ;) How do I tell my wife????? Of course, I had my wife watch the effects -- she loved them and was totally amazed -- she'd more likely be freaked if I told her the costs -- oh well, I shall get the monies together one day :)

Christopher, your work is absolutely wonderful!

Thanks and keep up the great work,

David
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Feb 14, 2009 10:45PM)
Dave: Thank you for the feed back. By the way, there is one company in the magic business that will allow you to spread payment over 3 months. Cheers.

Christopher
Please, no one take this the wrong way, but I can't decide if this is a triumph of a clever method over an actual 'meaningful' presentation, or a good example of a gifted creator going down a path and perfecting something that is clever but lacks any real valuable uses, or if it's just a waste of time.

Please, I own t3 - LOVE IT - I own the newer equinox - LOVE IT - and I know I'll be picking up an uber thumper. But I'm just not sure why anyone would buy this. Apart from the fact that a decent presentation using a butterfly, first impression pad, or skeeter or hornet, would produce a virtually identical effect with meaningful personal information as opposed to meaningless 1 in 5 choices.

please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to be critical - I just truly see this as a triumph of method over actual usability.

please don't flame - just interested to see if anyone thinks the same.
There is an element of immediacy and genuine 'realtime' offered that those techniques and devices do not provide- no? If that element appeals- then this a solution- but certainly not a waste of time...

The choices can be personalized as part of the presentation- and surely it is the combination of selected elements that is the key here, which is a very different thing to an imp device...
View

Did you watch the videos that Christopher posted? If not, watch the Cluedo one first. Much more than 1 in 5...

There is also an additional application (read that as differt use) that I'm not sure if Christopher has realized.

Tony
I'm not trying to cause trouble or anything - truly I'm not, and I hope that that is apparent. I just watched the Clue clip, and yes certainly see that it's got more possibilities than one in five, but I'm still kind of stumped as to what else can be done with this.

apologies for not contacting you tony, but I can't see your pm button, I wasn't sure what you were referring to.

didn't mean to ruffle feathers - I'm a big TI fan, and I hope that comes across.
I don't see any feathers ruffling... just chatting :)
Nothing ruffled here.

I've PMed you as some of what we may say might not fit well in an open forum.

Tony
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Feb 15, 2009 02:09PM)
View: An excellent question. There ARE other means of achieving similar effects, just not as cleanly and pretty well all missing the central component that Solstice adds. One of the components of creating mystery in a mental effect is the physical distance between you and the participant. The demonstrations I have posted, unfortunately do not clearly showcase how much of the distance factor a prop like Solstice can add. If Blister, for example, is performed from across the room, the participant makes their selection and then, from across the room (or even from another room!) the magician yelps and approaches the group holding his hand out. Strong stuff, achievable by a solo performer no other way.

The DVDs that will accompany the wallet have a couple of hours of brainstorming by some VERY creative people as well.

Christopher
Here are comments from a prior post.
Folks, I can tell you I have had this for a while now and I use it , I have no connection with Mr. Taylor and so I stand to gain nothing here, I use this in hard working conditions, I have even had it grabbed out of my hand and dropped a few times, but in the end the product is amazing and the effect's possible are even better.In my last performance I asked a spec to name 5 competeing factories, it was a trade show, after he named them , I gave him the pad and asked him to circle any one factory, then close the pad and place it behind his back, after a few seconds of play, and without him saying a word ( no fishing )I revealed his thought of company and with a bit of cold reading, I was able to tell all why he chose that company, in the end I asked him to open the pad and show all what he wrote, he acctually circled, but what's in a word or two, then he was asked to remove and keep the paper.
the product is of excelent quality and can be used for many applications,it is way too easy to do, it will not take more than 60 seconds to start using, and then there is a web site with a lot of usefull info too.
To answer a couple of questions, the leather is soft and smooth, it is not a walett that you would use for money ao credit cards, it is more like a day runner type that is used for holing a pad of paper. I have mine stuffed with business cards .
I honestly am surprised that no one else was thinking the same thing as me.
[quote]
On 2009-02-15 14:43, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Nothing ruffled here.

I've PMed you as some of what we may say might not fit well in an open forum.

Tony
[/quote]

Hi Tony,

I was wondering if you could PM me as well (if you don't mind) -- I am thinking of buying the Solstice Wallet and would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks much,

David
Woww, this will be powerful enough to play on stage without needing the assistant because the wallet will work itself for the performer. However, this is an electronic device and I believe it will fail someday. Therefore, I need to think first to find a way out if this wallet fail.
What is the warranty that comes with this item?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Feb 16, 2009 12:30PM)
:fyi: All of Taylor Imagineering products come with a one year warranty.
Niiiice...

A bingo card, living and dead test, this thing has some nice applications.

Love the cluedo effect.
[quote]
On 2009-02-16 14:20, Silvertongue wrote:
Niiiice...

A bingo card, living and dead test, this thing has some nice applications.

Love the cluedo effect.
[/quote]

These things crossed my mind too, but, other than just interesting ideas, I'm not sure how they'd be practically employed.
5 coded bingo cards, spec chooses one pop it in the folder and she will circle a number for each letter... A cup a tea number 3, legs 11 -insert whistle noise - heinz varieties 57, 2 fat ladies 88 BINGO!!!

Thanks Gran...
Christopher Taylor items = Amazing Mental Masterpieces....
I just received this today. Wow soooooo cool. I have t3 but I like this even better. another work of genius.

Ron
Ron

Mind of I ask what you would use it for? I'm stumped.
Well it is kind of early to say but I do like the "Clue" routine video I saw. If I were performing on stage I would have a whiteboard and write my answers down as a spectator is "concentrating" on his answers to the Clue game. I am going to perform this tonight at a club meeting. I am going to have 3 slips of paper and on the first slip I will have some destinations. The second means of travel and last who one might take along. On each slip I will ask a spectator to circle a choice. I will then reveal the answers. That is not a final routine but one I have thought up quick to show. I think I will blow the guys away on this.

Ron
How did it go ron?
The guys at the club loved it. They had no clue.

Ron
Anyone else using this, I'm 50 50 on buying it.
I'm thinking of some sort of gambling theme.
I used it with " directors cut", told the spec they were going on a date and had a coice of film, weekday and 5 names to choose from to see the film with, which played well.
Great thinking Matt-g.

Anthony
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Mar 3, 2009 08:08PM)
:blackeye: For you Solstice owners: If you downloaded the the line, hand and Clue templets off my website you should go back and download the new ones because the old ones may not have printed to the correct size. Cheers.

Christopher
When will this be available at Alakazam?
Is yet available at Alakazam.

Franky
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Mar 10, 2009 04:15PM)
Alakazam does have Solstice now.

Christopher
Dave: Thank you for the feed back. By the way, there is one company in the magic business that will allow you to spread payment over 3 months. Cheers.

Christopher

I would be interested in hearing which company does this?
Thanks
Mystification, it is Christopher himself, look at his website... exceptional. By the way I'm just thinking how fantastic it would be to use the Solstice Wallet in Rick Maue's great routine "The Journey"... Made for that. But for now, I'm going making money on a cruise ship for a couple of weeks and then I'll be back and... Jan
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Mar 16, 2009 04:22PM)
[quote]
On 2009-03-16 16:40, JanForster wrote:
Mystification, it is Christopher himself, look at his website... exceptional. [/quote]

It's at http://www.taylorimagineering.com

Christopher
I just purchased it. I will add a review when I recieve it and have some time to work with it.

I must say that Christopher Taylor is great to work with, he answered all my questions quickly. I look forward to more purchases from him again!
Okay, I recieved this item. First, Christopher Taylor ships fast. He also has a great forum that answers a lot of questions very fast as well.

As for the wallet iteslf. Pure genius! Works perfectly. Very deceptive. I have not used it in performance yet, but I have played with it and I can say that this is a quality item all the way.

A ton of possibilities. The sky is the limit.

I cant wait to see what he comes up with next!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Mar 25, 2009 01:50PM)
[quote]
On 2009-03-25 05:14, rowdymagi5 wrote:
A ton of possibilities. The sky is the limit.
I cant wait to see what he comes up with next!
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words! As to what I'm working on now, well there's ECLIPSE, which is my close-up electronic "Four coins in a coin- purse" version of Kurotsuki, due out in June. I am also working on another project with my friend Matthew Johnson which we have decided to go the whole, "watch-the-teaser-then-watch-the-full- demo" route with. It will be out at the next MindVention.

Cheers,

Christopher
Christopher, sounds exciting. I have my eye on "T-3" as well. Very impressed with your thinking!
Solstice was the 1st Item I have purchased from Christopher, and I must say I am very impressed not just with the Item but the whole package, customer service and the on line forum is second to none
Folks, I have now used this for a long while in my corporate and trade shows, and it has worked amazingly well,I will say that the effects are easy to do and leave room for you to bond with your audiance without worry of the equiptment, also a huge plus here is that since you toss the wallet aside and continue with your routine, the heat is off the wallet as you never need to touch it or even look at it, yet you get your info. In fact the last spec to write in it can close it and hold it behind their back, you never need to handle it.Now that is as close as you get to the real thing.
Message: Posted by: The Naked Magician (Mar 31, 2009 11:40AM)
Taylor Imagineering hit the spot for me here. Very nice bit of kit, and worth every penny! Personally I looked at it first thinking, yes I will buy it, but after seeing the clue routine I was thinking that it really would not work considering my personality. But then I realised this wallet has the potential to pull off ANY effect using 5 selections. But it got better! not only can you select 5 answers, you can have 3 colums of 5 answers, so you can now ask 3 questions with 5 outcomes. very very nice Chris! Cant seem to find the templates? Chris, have you got the dimensions so I can type up some nice cards.
Thomas
Wait 'til you see Eclipse!

it's got that same hands-off quality.
great stuff.
I'm too interested in this. Are there any invisble compromise uses for it?
I visit a lot of Rings due to my duties as TVP for southern Ohio. In every case they are blown away with this. I perform the clue routine only because it is so strong but I have performed some other things. In every case they are totally blown away. The only "give away" to the method behind the effect is that most everybody knows if I am performing an effect it has to be electronic and use a battery. In fact last Sunday when I performed it that was the exact comment made. "I don't know how it is done but considering who is performing it, there mus be electronic involved even though I can't see how" This is a VERY strong effect

Ron
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Mar 31, 2009 03:52PM)
Thomas: I'll send you a pm.

Christopher
Message: Posted by: The Naked Magician (Mar 31, 2009 04:53PM)
Thanks for the rapid response Chris!
Hi All,

I noticed that Christopher mentioned a secret project we are working on so I thought I would chime in (you know you were not supposed to say anything Christopher....you naughty man you :o)

All I can say about our project at this point is this....IT'S CRAZY!!!! Now I may be a little bias folks but trust me when I say this is going to blow you (& your audience) away. It has limitless possibilities and can be done in any environment. We have been working on it for a while and have decided to hold off to give it the full attention and road testing that it deserves. I will say four words "Stack of Business Cards" (Now you can slap me Chris!).

A handful of people are playing with this at the moment including myself, Christopher, Looch & Tony Chris. The stuff we are coming up with could fill 4 DVD's.

Watch this space!!!

MJ
[quote]
On 2009-03-31 18:54, mattjohnson wrote:
Hi All,

I noticed that Christopher mentioned a secret project we are working on so I thought I would chime in (you know you were not supposed to say anything Christopher....you naughty man you :o)

All I can say about our project at this point is this....IT'S CRAZY!!!! Now I may be a little bias folks but trust me when I say this is going to blow you (& your audience) away. It has limitless possibilities and can be done in any environment. We have been working on it for a while and have decided to hold off to give it the full attention and road testing that it deserves. I will say four words "Stack of Business Cards" (Now you can slap me Chris!).

A handful of people are playing with this at the moment including myself, Christopher, Looch & Tony Chris. The stuff we are coming up with could fill 4 DVD's.

Watch this space!!!

MJ
[/quote]

I wondered when the proverbial cat would be let out of the bag. This new project is INCREDIBLE, and I am honoured to be a part of it. Without saying too much, I firmly believe this future release will be the one that Taylor Imagineering will become best known for. The diversity and possibilities of this are near limitless and I am finding myself in the position where I can now perform effects that previosuly had been pipedreams.

Fantastic product, and I am well aware that most products are hyped up unrealistically but this deserves it all, and then some...
A mini mindbuster, business card size (and thickness).

Recognition of the words / drawings and direct transmission into inside invisible earpieces ?

;)
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Apr 1, 2009 10:52AM)
Ricos: :blush: I strive to use the simplest approach I can.
So, does the Solstice use a "memo pad" of sorts or does it only hold one sheet/oversized card at a time?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Apr 1, 2009 11:32AM)
[quote]
On 2009-04-01 12:22, kissdadookie wrote:
So, does the Solstice use a "memo pad" of sorts or does it only hold one sheet/oversized card at a time?
[/quote]

It will hold three or four standard sized (3 x 5) index cards in place at one time. You can also use the same sized Post It notes and have about 8 in place.

Christopher
Can the owner replace the battery? I am so ready to pull the trigger on this...

Just on the fence between the T-3 or this wallet.

Is it safe to use this as your own notepad during the rest of your act?
Yes and yes

Ron
Thank You!
I own almost everything Chris has put out, purchased from him direct or someone who tried it and.... All I can say is , I will not be selling what I own, and as for something new, if Chris would let me I would send him a blind payment, I'm on board, I use his stuff in real world conditions, that my income now and in the future is based on. To top it off, I never met him, and I have never spoken to him, the couple of times I needed info, it was as simple as an email and a fast reply, I don't give many high remarks, but this guy earned it.
Heh, I just ordered one.
I bought mine second hand and it only came with one dvd -should there be two?

did anyone else get only one?
[quote]
On 2009-04-04 12:00, wash wrote:
I bought mine second hand and it only came with one dvd -should there be two?

did anyone else get only one?
[/quote]

You Should have got 2 DVD's in the Box

Regards

Martin
I bought it directly from Christopher, 1 DVD is all that came with it.
I bought directly and only got one.
I got mine from Alakazam however on the cover of both DVD's it states

Christopher Taylor and Alakazam Magic (I assume Alakazam was responsible for the editing of the DVD as it is in the same style as other DVD's from Peter and his team

Disc 1

The Basic's
Andrew Gerrard

Disc 2

Mathew Johnson
Tony Chris

If you go to the "Solstice Wallet" Forum you will see Christopher did answer one of my questions raised about an item on disc 2

Regards

Martin
I ordered directly from Christopher as well and only got one dvd.
One dvd here too.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Apr 4, 2009 03:02PM)
Here is what's up with the DVDs. There was a two disk DVD set produced and a number of them were included with Solstice Wallets that were sold at and after Blackpool. I have been told that unfortunately there was a flaw in the production of that set which renders them unusable in some computers and DVD players (works fine on my Mac). That batch has been returned by Alakazam to the manufacturer and my understanding is that they will be redone. When they are, and I get hold of them, I intend to ship them out to all of my customers. I expect that Alakazam will do the same. In the mean time, a single disk is being included.

Christopher
I think everyone would have appreciated an email
To this effect. Or a public post on this or your site.
Christopher Taylor's customer service is first rate, I have full confidence in his products as well as his warranties.
I look forward to the second dvd, as I like Tony Chris's style and I am sure he has a good take on this effect!
[quote]
On 2009-04-04 17:11, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Christopher Taylor's customer service is first rate, I have full confidence in his products as well as his warranties.
I look forward to the second dvd, as I like Tony Chris's style and I am sure he has a good take on this effect!
[/quote]

I have to agree with you Christopher Taylor goes give excellent customer service and was very quick to reply to my questions when I 1st purchased the wallet

Tony Chris's has some excellent Idea's to use with the solstice (mostly for stage)
which involves a lot of audience participation and some sound thinking of how to use the wallet for best effect
If anyone who has not yet got this, there is so much more on Taylors web site , there are a ton of feedback from current users posting several effects and tips, the info on the site is worth the price of addmision,as for customer service, it has been top notch for me.
Christopher, do you have an idea of the price range that Eclipse will sell for?

Or for that matter your newest creation?

Thanks!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Apr 7, 2009 09:40AM)
[quote]
On 2009-04-07 06:42, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Christopher, do you have an idea of the price range that Eclipse will sell for?

Or for that matter your newest creation?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Eclipse is priced at about $300 and there will be a pre-order special. The "newest creation" does not yet have a price but it will probably be the same or less.

Christopher
Keep us updated on the pre-order special, I will take advantage of the price break!
Christopher

Do you have any clues on when Eclipse may be available.

Paul
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Apr 7, 2009 04:50PM)
[quote]
On 2009-04-07 12:36, magicmann wrote:
Do you have any clues on when Eclipse may be available.

Paul
[/quote]

Thanks for asking, Paul. It is scheduled for June.

Christopher
Just got my Wallet -- Have to compliment the VERY FAST SHIPPING! How nice not to wait and wait and wait in anticipation.

A very nicely done product. Been playing with it for awhile, and am blown away at the value and quality. I think this is going to be one of my favorite things...
Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread altogether. O.K. please let me start by saying that Christopher is a dear friend of mine as we only live about 5 minutes from each other here in B.C. Canada.

Thanks also to Martin for the compliments.

I was so pleased when Chris asked me if I could contribute some ideas to the Solstice Wallet DVD. When I got my wallet, I knew that this was something very special and would revolutionize the way I perform mentalism. The wallet is a beautifully crafted piece of leather workmanship and I have it on me when I am performing both close up magic, mentalism and my parlor/stage adult shows.

There are things you can do with this wallet that I thought would reside in my "dream world" only! In other words, the multitude of "wonders" you can accomplish is HUGE!!!

I am a fan of many wallets such as Himber's, CTW, Pe*k wallets etc, but this one allows me to basically do something that no other has. I could actually do an entire evening of walk around magic (haven't tried it yet but I think I will) out of this wallet and NOTHING ELSE!!! That is because there are TONS of effects and routines I can accomplish with only the Solstice Wallet.

I love my Solstice wallet and once you start playing with yours, I believe you will experience a whole new world of mentalism/mental magic that could have resided in one's mind only until now.

Thank you again Chris for releasing Solstice,

Tony Chris
I had an email conversation with Chris not long ago about the 2nd DVD and he said he would be sensing it as soon as it is complete , this is a great person to do business with, as he has kept his word on every promise made, he did say it would take a bit of time to complete, so let us all chill for a spell.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Apr 12, 2009 04:26PM)
Dave, thank you for the vote of confidence. Tony, it was great to have you on board, you are a real source of inspiration.

Christopher
Tony,

You are source of inspiration indeed! I could not agree more :o)

Christopher, I have said it before & I will say it again......solstice is pure genius! Well done my friend.

MJ
There's so much good products here, some of christpher toys are on top of my ''to buy'' list on my fridge,
By the way I believe it works you can do so much effects with just that wallet! Also the size is good, easy to carry around.

I wish you could make a solstice ''board'' the same principle but adapted to a clipboard, I bet it could be possible for stage :)

Max.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Apr 13, 2009 10:19AM)
Max: I have had quite a few requests for a white-board version for stage which I have been working on for some time. So far, it still has too many bugs but I'm workin' on it.

Christopher
Wow a white board version would be amazing. if you ever get it done let us know.
If it was big enough for the audience to see the writing, that would be awesome
First off - I have to admit, I don't own the Solstice Wallet, wish I did, saving my pennies -- but the other night a thought popped in about a possible use, in combination with MOAB.

Write a list of numbers 1-5. Then bring out the MOAB book and go into your routine -- once the spec has selected a work, have them write down the first letter of that word next to any one of the 5 numbers. Then, have them write any other 4 letters next to the other numbers. They show you the list. You study it, then write a letter on a piece of paper (don't show it), turn it over and place it next to the list.

Ask the spec to now concentrate on the 2nd letter of the word. You have the spec recite the alphabet, and as they go through the letters, you write something on a second piece of paper, set it face down on the table.

For the third, you hand them a pendulum and you recite the alphabet. Again, you end up writing something down and putting it face down.

Finally you ask the spec "Is the word you selected something you can visualize? They say it is, you ask them to visualize drawing the image. After studying the spec, you make write down one more thing on a piece of paper, put it face down with the others.

Now it's reveal time.

One the first letter, you explain that hand writing analysis tells us that a person's handwriting changes when they write something of importance versus something they have no connection to. You noticed something odd in one of the letters they wrote. You ask them the first letter of the word they are thinking of-- let's say it's a "T". You have them turn over what you wrote down on the first piece of paper - sure enough, it's the letter "T".

For the second letter, you talk about vocal inflection -- the spec reveals their second letter is an "e", the spec turns over your second piece of paper, it's an "E".

For the third you discuss the ideomotor response - you turn over your piece of paper, it's a "L", and the spec confirms it's the third letter of their word.

Finally, you explain that based on the first three responses, you've had a chance to learn quite a bit about the spec and how they react. You studied them as they drew the image in their head -- you noticed their eye movements, the fact that they glanced up and to the right...etc...you finally have them announce the word -- it's "television". The spec turns over the final piece of paper -- and that's exactly what you've sketched.

So basically, the wallet allows you to get the first letter, but the progression of reveals helps to justify the use of the wallet and writing something down in the first place.

Just an idea -- and as the saying goes "Ideas are like butt holes, everybody has one, most of them stink..." Hope this one isn't too stinky ; )
[quote]
Mr. Mindbender

Just an idea -- and as the saying goes "Ideas are like butt holes, everybody has one, most of them stink..." Hope this one isn't too stinky ; )
[/quote]

Good subliminal for a drawing dup. Just another idea. ;)

J
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (May 8, 2009 09:42AM)
Mind Bender: A nice idea! Can I put it on my forum?

Christopher
Absolutely, I'd be honored.
[quote]
On 2009-01-05 20:44, willowtaylor wrote:
Paolo and Dave, thank you for the kind words! The Solstice Wallet will not be officially released until the Blackpool (UK) convention in February. It will come with two DVDs with routines ideas from myself, Andrew Gerard, Matthew Johnson and Tony Chris. Cheers.

Christopher

:fyi: I forgot to mention that Alakazam and I will be offering a chance to pre-order Solstice at a discounted price in a short time. Cheers.

Christopher
[/quote]

You mention two DVD's... My wallet only came with one single DVD and there was no routines at all... Only a quick idea that andrew came up with at the very last moment..
Kevin:

You might have missed this post:

[quote]
On 2009-04-04 16:02, willowtaylor wrote:
Here is what's up with the DVDs. There was a two disk DVD set produced and a number of them were included with Solstice Wallets that were sold at and after Blackpool. I have been told that unfortunately there was a flaw in the production of that set which renders them unusable in some computers and DVD players (works fine on my Mac). That batch has been returned by Alakazam to the manufacturer and my understanding is that they will be redone. When they are, and I get hold of them, I intend to ship them out to all of my customers. I expect that Alakazam will do the same. In the mean time, a single disk is being included.

Christopher
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2009-05-09 20:17, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Kevin:

You might have missed this post:

[quote]
On 2009-04-04 16:02, willowtaylor wrote:

Christopher
[/quote]
[/quote]

The first video has nothing on it at all except a 15 minute simple explanation on how to turn on the wallet and that all that came with it... No routine.. No nothing... The Clue routine you tube video is up either..
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (May 9, 2009 09:08PM)
Kevin: I have sent you a pair of download links you will find useful. If you prefer, I will send you the single WORKING DVD I am including with the units until the others are redone.

Christopher