(Close Window)
Topic: Boykin's Crimp Change
Message: Posted by: narcoleptic_insomniac (Jan 10, 2009 04:31AM)
Once I saw Marion Boykin's [i]Crimp Change[/i] I put everything else on hold. It wasn't trivial (for me) to learn, but when properly executed it really does look like true magic... especially since it is pure sleight of hand.

I never purchased the trick, but I assume that my handling is very similar, if not the same, as Boykin's (his hands, of course, are a lot smoother than mine ^_^ ). In any case, after three days straight of practice, here is my presentation of the [i]Crimp Change[/i]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUiq2k5Q4XM

Comments and constructive criticism are welcome. ^_^

Thanks,
Kyle
Very nice, but please buy off MB. He is such a good guy and offers extra help without question. BTW what is the piano music?
Message: Posted by: narcoleptic_insomniac (Jan 10, 2009 04:50AM)
Mwmagic,

Oh, I have no doubt that's true -- I've heard nothing but great things about MB. Knowing me, I probably will end up purchasing something else in the future.

Thanks,
Kyle

P.S. The music is an Etude (Op.33, No.5) by Rachmaninov... my webcam doesn't do sound ^_^
Ok Kyle, tnx and good luck
The Crimp change looks good for me
the Blow Change, needs more work.
keep practicing :D
Hi Kyle,

I thank you for the kind words about my Crimp Change, glad you're enjoying it. :) It is a tremendous move when done well as you say. Your try at it is admirable but keep working with it as it get's smoother & smoother until the coin just changes off a soft wave.

As to the Blow Change (which the Mick-Man absolutely loves :D), well you want the coin to visually "morph" from one coin to another. That said, there's a lot to learn from my downloads, quite a few nuances that makes the effect quite a bit more precision and magical. ;)

Again, I appreciate your take on it, keep up the good work and when that coin just changes effortlessly as you see me do it, then you got it. ;) Oh and welcome to the Café. :)

-Mb
Message: Posted by: narcoleptic_insomniac (Jan 10, 2009 03:54PM)
Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot to me ^_^ I definitely know what you mean with the nuances... I am lacking a few things and the devil is always in the details. Nevertheless, I'll certainly keep working on it ^_^

Thanks Again,
Kyle
Looks nice, but that's not the Crimp Change. It would be worth the small investment to get MB's original.
Kyle
Nice work, still needs smoothing out I do agree with Wes its not quite the crimp change. It would be well worth your time and money to get that download from Vinny's site.
Keep up the hard work
Tim
Message: Posted by: narcoleptic_insomniac (Jan 11, 2009 12:21AM)
I couldn't hold out any longer, so I made the purchase ^_^ I must say, MB does a great job explaining the routine and it's origin; definitely worth the investment. It's quite clear now that, as someone pointed out to me, I was indeed "working too hard" in my interpretation of the change... but now I know two different handlings of the same effect ^_^

Thanks Again,
Kyle
Kyle - Glad you made the purchase and some friends in the process.
Message: Posted by: narcoleptic_insomniac (Jan 11, 2009 04:28AM)
[quote]
On 2009-01-11 05:18, mwmagic wrote:
[/quote]

Actually, I was going to say something about that in the previous post... I'm really amazed at the sense of community and family between virtually everyone on this forum, it's really great ^_^
Or you could buy the Amateur Magician's Handbook which includes the DeManche Change plus many more sleights and tricks.
[quote]
On 2009-01-11 05:28, narcoleptic_insomniac wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-01-11 05:18, mwmagic wrote:
[/quote]

Actually, I was going to say something about that in the previous post... I'm really amazed at the sense of community and family between virtually everyone on this forum, it's really great ^_^
[/quote]

that`s the idea :D
The Crimp Routine has taken my coin work to a new level. If you are looking for good coin routines, and want to get the best bang for your but look no futher. T

This is it.

You will get more out of MB's downloads, then most DVD at $50.00, and their is a GREAT selection all of which are priceless.

Rick
Welcome to the [i]Crimp Change Club[/i] Kyle!

:cheers:
[quote]
On 2009-01-11 01:21, narcoleptic_insomniac wrote:
I couldn't hold out any longer, so I made the purchase ^_^ I must say, MB does a great job explaining the routine and it's origin; definitely worth the investment. It's quite clear now that, as someone pointed out to me, I was indeed "working too hard" in my interpretation of the change... but now I know two different handlings of the same effect ^_^

Thanks Again,
Kyle
[/quote]Hehe. I feel accomplished :)
Crimp-in ante easy
Marion's work is in your face , up close and very personal I love it
the godfather
[quote]
On 2009-01-13 22:26, feher wrote:
Crimp-in ante easy
[/quote]

LOL nice! I wish I had thought of that one...
Actually I just thought of one Tim...

[b]My Crimp hand's too strong![/b] LOL

Yesssss :bg:
The Crimp is an awesome effect. I have found many diffrent ways to incoroporate the Crimp into one routine. Here's just one, It's an awesome idea. Try starting out with a spellbound effect then add the Crimp change, 10 switch and Lighter change.

It's clever, although I'm sure many of you have already discovered the many ways that MB's work can change coin routines :)

Thanks MB :)
Rick
I too am now a member of the Crimp Club, thx M.B.
The crimp change....its a wonderful thing. The applications are endless.
[quote]
On 2009-01-14 17:34, agent61 wrote:
Actually I just thought of one Tim...

[b]My Crimp hand's too strong![/b] LOL

Yesssss :bg:
[/quote]NICE!
Want you to know that I am now an official member of the crimp change club!!!

Walking Bob in Iowa
Another Fan of the Crimp Change!!

My first purchase in VinnyMarini.com
Yeah, that was money well spent. MB even sent me a personalized "Crimp Change for Dummies" video when I wasn't quite getting it.

I packed up all my magic stuff 8 months ago when I put my house on the market. Wish I'd known the market was going to tank. I need to at least get my coins out and start practicing again.
Don't know if this has been answered somewhere else, but is it best to get The Crimp download first, or does the Routine download cover everything on the original Crimp video?
Hey Greatchach,
Marion goes over the Crimp in 'Short Pockets' but the original Crimp video goes into more detail.
Depending on your skill level you may want to go with the original and follow through with 'Short Pockets' after that.

Cheers!
Thanks Agent61- I'll start with the original Crimp download then. Looking forward to becoming a member of the gang.
Is there any way l could learn this other than a download?
I don`t have a computer(typing at work) ,l have an I phone,but dvd or book would be better.