(Close Window)
Topic: New website launch
Dear All,

I have just launched my new website http://www.illusion-designer.com I would welcome your feedback and comments. The media section is the only area still be uploaded with a montage of video and photographs.
I will also be announcing my latest book very soon

Many thanks

Mark
Mark, the site looks really good. And it was about time you got it updated! LOL Good work man.
Thank you haha yes its long overdue. http://www.4-effect.com will redirect to this new website also.

Many thsnks

Mark
Hi Mark,

Went on your new site this morning,it looks excellent!!
A genuinely nice looking site Mark. I knew you were a prolific inventer but you've created more than I realised. Good work.
Looks nice. I always look forward to your creations.

Check the "Creations" page for links and, possibly, spelling. "Fanappear" hyperlink actually goes to PTPV. Also, should "Vengence" be correctly spelled "Vengeance", or was that done intentionally?
Thank you all for the kind comments and pointers...a few minor glitches need addressing.
If you check the unique illusions link on the website it gives you an insight into the look of my new book its going to be an organic looking sketch book of new illusion ideas...coming very soon
Very nice Mark! I like!
Excellent!! Very original. Are any videos coming soon?
Good luck,
Reynold
Yes videos and photos in a montage coming on the media section soon.
I am also very pleased to announce that Brett Daniels has agreed to contribute to my latest book.
[quote]
On 2009-01-13 08:08, markparker wrote:
... an organic looking sketch book of new illusion ideas...
[/quote]

Does that mean it will be on broccoli paper and printed with rhubarb ink? :P

[quote]
I am also very pleased to announce that Brett Daniels has agreed to contribute to my latest book.
[/quote]

Heck, I'll contribute. I don't know anything, but that has never stopped me before... :P
It was my girlfriend that suggested going back to the marker pen style illustrations...and its been very liberating and I prefer the free look of the drawings. Its like returning back to art college after many years.

I am working hard right to get it all finished ready to print very soon and will be putting up the pre-order facility on the website before long as I am going to make it a limited edition of 500 numbered and signed copies (numbered on date of ordering) then no more available...it may only be available from my website and possibly a handful of selected dealers I still need to make a decision on that.
I will update when its ready to go to press.

Back on topic..Any further input on the new website is welcomed from Café members with thoughts and sugestions.

I am thinking of adding a small discussion forum to the website at some stage just
on illusion related topics only.
Please post a notice here when it's ready for pre-order.
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Jan 13, 2009 09:20AM)
Mark,

When clicking on the picture of FANAPPEAR it takes me to P T P V. I would make sure that is linking properly.

A couple of pictures you cant click on to go to the info does not work. Look at Little, INERTIA, RUBIX REVENGE, ABDO MEN, P T P V

When at the home page trying to read the words under the logo are very hard to read. It looks cool. But I would either try to bold it or make the font bigger in some way. Or move it over to the right for better legibility.

In the Clients comments section you have the web address for the twins http://www.theillusionists.com and it does not link to them. You have to copy and paste the address. I would get that fixed too.

Other then those minor fixes the site looks good. Great content to give the perspective client and idea of your capabilities. Good work. Keep it up.

Best,
I appreciate your input its bound to have minor glitches so much appreciated.
Can you tell me what browser you are viewing it in so I can pass the info the my web guy
I'm using IE7 and Firefox...
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Jan 13, 2009 02:41PM)
Firefox is what I saw all these minor bugs in.

Best,
All the fixes are in place now.
Thanks for all the comments much appreciated.
Nice Site!
Mark,

Have already spoken to you about this and you know my thoughts, but I wanted to share them here to - some fantastic gems on the site and it is looking well snazzy!
(I too had some links and pictures not tieing up, but everything seems sorted now).
Keep up the good work and see you in a couple of weeks (gulp, is that all it is?!!!)
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Jan 14, 2009 09:27AM)
Mark,

Great work. One more thing. Sorry for being a pain LOL. The 4 effects is not redirecting over to the new site. Other then that keep it real!!!!

Best,
It takes 24 hours or so for that to happen with the old website...some techno voodoo
Thanks again
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Jan 14, 2009 11:10AM)
Ah so that was done. Coolness. Just thought I make sure.

Best
Very nice site.....congrats!
Cool site, I've always loved your work and are looking forward to your next book.