(Close Window)
Topic: Mano lift
What is the Mano lift? All the videos have been removed so I have no idea what it looks like.

Thanks.
Removed from where??
\CONTACT MANO TEJERA
He is one of the most creative coin workers on the planet. the effect a coin is on the table , Mano waves his had over the coin and it disapears.
You would swear he was using a gimmick but of course this is his wonderful slight called the mano lift
ask Mano to put up ademo or buy the dvd la famiglia mano performs the effect on this dvd.
vinny
[quote]
On 2009-01-27 11:14, agent61 wrote:
Removed from where??
[/quote]

The youtube videos on older Mano's posts were removed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l5Pm2Q56U4
I have no idea how Mano did that.....I love it! :bg:

Thanks guys...
Now just how many people out there have a better CP than Mano???? Raise your hand!

I don't think many if any and I've seen these Classic Palm dvds, etc. Just who can do it any better than that? Not anyone that I've seen. Seen some real good ones for sure, but nothing better than what Mano exhibits in his "Mano Lift." I've seen this up close and personal and it's the real deal, believe you me. Brilliant technique from an amazing magician.
Until now I thought it was not possible to CP from a surface...

[quote]
On 2009-01-27 13:19, Mb217 wrote:
Now just how many people out there have a better CP than Mano???? Raise your hand!

I don't think many if any and I've seen these Classic Palm dvds, etc. Just who can do it any better than that? Not anyone that I've seen. Seen some real good ones for sure, but nothing better than what Mano exhibits in his "Mano Lift." I've seen this up close and personal and it's the real deal, believe you me. Brilliant technique from an amazing magician.
[/quote]
Yeah, I've heard that too, actually heard it from I think David Roth on one of his dvds. Guess even he hadn't fathomed the possibility of the "Mano Lift."

I guess you live & learn, no matter who you are. ;)
I'll say it again....wow.
And y'know, I remember that it was Eric Jones here that first asked Mano to show me the "Mano Lift" at a NJ Magic Seminar years back. I was amazed as Mano so casually performed the move right off the table in front of me while still carrying on a conversation with someone else. Funny thing is that also at that forum, David Roth was there and when I saw him I thought about what he had said on his dvd, that it wasn't possible to do what Mano had just done. :)

Yeah agent61, WOW! is right. :)
Wow... That is... AMAZING!
I beg to differ this is not a classic palm you will have to ask mano what he calls this palm. ret to sure it is not classic
vinny
Vinnie's right. It's not a CP.
I though it couldn't be, but anyways, THAT IS NICE AS ****!
Derrick Dingle mentioned this technique on an old video in a matrix routine and I think it was Simon Lovell that uses a similar technique with many different objects.

It is an awesome move....well executed Mano.
Mobius
That is a thing of beauty !!!!!!!
Perhaps I mispoke here on this but this is what I thought of when I saw it the first time, as he picked the coin up off the table beneath his open palm. Seemed like it at the time but if it isn't then I stand corrected. Thanks Godfather, I should've checked with you first for sure. ;)

I should've known it was another one of Mano's unique techniques as he's got some very clever hands and is quite creative with his moves and effects. Sorry Mano if I mispoke and you too Mr. Roth.
No problem MB honest mistake, I am jot sure what mano calls this palm or if he even HAS A NAME FOR IT.
I Hope Mano come to this thread and explains the palm
Mano took an underused concealment (which of course already has a name) and brought it to new heights. I would never have thought such a thing is possible beforce seeing him doing it. This is an unbelieavable move that in my opinion will revolutionize coin assemblies. I am looking forward to seeing such a routine where he will use it.
Wow...

That's wonderful...

Mano is one of great coin worker today

Can't wait for next stuff

Cheers
Andre
Hi everyone,

Thanks soo much for your kind words,i'm glad you like the Demagnetized Raven,i wanted to do something similar to The Raven,but using sleight of hand,and this is what I came up with.

There is CP involved in this trick,but it is not the way I steal the coin;i steal the coin with an underused move as Iceblade mentioned. Michael Rubenstein uses it a great deal and so does Dr Saw but in general the move is underused.

Charles Morrit used the move in the Purse trick page 335 of BOBO,and I guess that is the reason is called the purse palm,i maybe wrong though,i'm sorry guys I do not read that many magic books,:).

One day I was checking some videos of some magicians doing shadow coins kind of routines , and did not like the way they were stealing the coin or the $#*ll ,using the index and pinky,to me their hand looked unnatural and although I have seen several magicians using the index and pinky and their hands look fine,i just thought that the hands would look completely normal using the purse palm, and that is when I started practicing the manolift.

My friend Leonard Koning (leko) from Holland,he called it the manolift and I thought it was a good name for it.

In the DVD La Famiglia produce By The Godfather Vinny Marini And Charley Chang,i perform and explain the move,the dvd came out several years ago,and since then I have developed some routines with it (Crossing in the Air one a wooden surface)2 version of it and a couple of more;i was gonna video tape and put on youtube version 2 last year,but I hurt my hands and could not;i promise to do that this year once my hands get better that way you can see some applications using this move,A lot of the Dean Dill routines performed on a mat, go very well using this move.

the move can be done from a penny up to a silver dollar,but I can only do it on a hard surface with half and silver dollar,it is a difficult move to get,it requires lots of practice and it is only good for magicians who like shadow coins routines,i prefer to work at sturnum level but I figure it would not hurt to have a couple of these kind of routines on my repeatoire.

Smooth (MB)Thanks again for your kind words and no reason to apologize my friend,we have to Jam soon,my hands are about 10 days away from being 100% again.

Once again thanks everyone and if you have any question feel free to ask, and I'll be glad to answer.

Good night now.

Mano.
Mano that move you do is insane! I know your secret though: you had generous amounts of super glue on your palm...or better yet, your hand naturally sweats a sticky glue like substance allowing you to climb up walls Peter Parker style, or do insane things like the Mano lift...nah just playing

Excellent work!

Evikshin
I put about 10 hours in on this wicked cool move about 6 months ago but weakened and used Evikshin's suggestion instead! ;)

This sleight is NOT for the casual worker but if you want to excel to the level of the greats, Mano's teaching and training method for the Mano Lift is intense and will work IF you put in the time and dedication! Keep in mind that Mano is a top class marathon runner so you can just imagine the "Heart" this man puts into his passions!

The Mano Lift is nothing short of shear beauty!

Mick
Hey Mick I forgot to mention, the super glue is great...up until the moment you need to get rid of the coin from your hand...then you literally have coin perfect for the Gadabout routine! I guess the spectator can't accuse you of lying when you say you have a "sticky" coin!

I will look into this move (my understanding is that its on the La Famigilia DVD?)

Evik
Yep
[quote]
On 2009-01-27 12:56, Pablo_Amira wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l5Pm2Q56U4
[/quote]
This video has been removed by the user.
[quote]
In the DVD La Famiglia produce By The Godfather Vinny Marini And Charley Chang,i perform and explain the move,the dvd came out several years[/quote]

where can I get this dvd.
Vinnymarini.com it is for sale on my web site
vinny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqPnU1foJY4&feature=channel_page
Mano is my friend.
I know Mano lift and his Demagnetized Raven .
Incredible!

I've tried Demagnetized Raven .
That does not look as good as Mano's Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gysrw8NOqQ8

dj
Mano is a wizard.