(Close Window)
Topic: What Tenyo item do you want made elite?
I've been waiting years for [b]Angleo Carbone's Prison Box[/b] to be made in something nicer than plastic. I know I'm not alone on this one. The other effect, released that same year, is the discontinued [b]Mystery China Box[/b]. That is one of the most underrated Tenyo effects ever. Perhaps because it went head to head with Prison Box. If that was made Elite (wood, metal) I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I once heard that a lot of the Tenyo products are made of plastic because of the plastic's flexible, forgiving qualities and actually couldn't function the same way if it were made out of something more rigid (and expensive) like wood or metal? Unfortunately that seems to make sense. Can anyone confirm that?
Krazy Keys: Any kind of metal that makes them look like real keys would be excellent.

Match-Sticks: Too much to ask for them in ivory and green jade? :) Having them made from metal with alien looking symbols on them, looking like they were found right next to a crashed spaceship, also works. I remember designing a set of alien looking symbols that actually tells you where and when to do the secret move so you don't need to memorize anything.

Crystal Cleaver: The challenge I guess would be to make it look like some form of jewellery case or something else that justifies its existence. The method is just beautiful.

Magical Door: I immediately fell in love with this but the props need to be justified. It's very versatile since it doesn't have to be a key and keyholes.

/Tomas
Which Tenyo effects would I like to see in Elite versions?

1. Eclipse - the reflections of coins in a mirror become reality
2. Zone Infinity - a key penetrates a coin in an extraordinary way
3. Zig-Zag Cig - the classic Harbin effect done with a cigarette (or a pencil or a crayon or ...)
Agree with Brian Platt - Prison Box is the prime candidate.

Followed closely by Zig Zag Cig, Eye of the Idol, Invisible Zone and Fadeaway Case.
Crystal Cleaver all the way.
1. Crystal Cleaver
2. Invisible Zone
3. Zig Zag Cig.
4. Zone Infinity
5. Prison Box
6. Mystery China Box
7. Vault Vision
8. Crystal Pyramid
9. Eye of the Idol
10. Krazy Keys
11. Salt cups
12. Crazy spots
13. Dragon Alter
14. Excaliber
15. Mini Morphesis
I'd say Magic Wagon's Sword of the Ring is Crystal Cleaver made elite.
Crystal Cleaver!!!!!
[quote]
On 2009-02-22 11:03, sthielman wrote:
I'd say Magic Wagon's Sword of the Ring is Crystal Cleaver made elite.
[/quote]

Your wrong about that. MW Sword of the Ring can not be examined and the gimmick is manually activated, versus the beauty of Tenyo's automatic gimmick engagement. Furthermore, Tenyo's "Crystal Cleaver" has the enclosed "crystal" case that holds the ring, which makes the penetration even more mysterious. The cover is removed completely, instead of having a front door. The only drawback to Tenyo is the gimmicky plastic.

The MW version is a nice collectible and well made, but it is not an "elite" version of Tenyo's original item. Please do this one in an "Elite" version that is true to the original prop.
My vote is for crystal cleaver
I would LOVE it if they made the Invisible Zone out of wood (1st choice) or metal (2nd choice)!!!
Crystal Cleaver...I'll order two right now!
Another vote for 1)Crystal Cleaver and 2)Invisible Zone
Mini Morphisis! in wood
Enchanted Strings in wood
Eye of the Idol in Stone and real crystal
I love zone infinity! I still have and use it! Would make a great elite item!
I myself would love to get an elite midas machine especially since the ten dollar bills have changed, hard to find the old ten dollar bills, and maybe make it so you can do it with a five or twenty. also vault vision,wonder window, and mirage.
Crystal Cleaver for me!
Invisible Zone and Side Tracked - the Jumbo Zig Zag Card effect. (At least I think that's the name of it.)

Robert
Oh yeah, Side Track would be great.
Crystal Cleaver, Prison Box and Mobile Illusion get my vote.

I've always been fond of Crystal Pyramid as well (a marvel of engineering). However, I've now seen knock-offs at the dollar store, so it's probably too over-exposed. The original is also rather noisy when the dirty work is done. Perhaps better materials would alleviate some of that.
As I stated in an earlier post..Zigzag Cigarette/Pencil.

I recently took this out of storage, and replaced the cigarette with a pencil. I use the 'marking the middle piece ruse' [dry erase marker]. Folk's at my family restaurants absolutely love it.

I would really like to see this in an Elite version *[that would accommodate a standard 3 1/2" golf pencil]With the original version I have to shave the pencil down 1/4" first.
This is a great illusion!

Rich
The jumping gems collection.
[quote]
On 2009-03-16 14:24, magicbob116 wrote:
I've always been fond of Crystal Pyramid as well (a marvel of engineering). However, I've now seen knock-offs at the dollar store, so it's probably too over-exposed. The original is also rather noisy when the dirty work is done. Perhaps better materials would alleviate some of that.
[/quote]
They already make an "elite" version of this effect. It's called Hole in One

[url=http://www.magicgettogether.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AM&Product_Code=AHIO&Category_Code=]magicgettogether.com[/url]

[quote]
On 2009-03-16 16:41, RicHeka wrote:
As I stated in an earlier post..Zigzag Cigarette/Pencil.

I recently took this out of storage, and replaced the cigarette with a pencil. I use the 'marking the middle piece ruse' [dry erase marker]. Folk's at my family restaurants absolutely love it.

I would really like to see this in an Elite version *[that would accommodate a standard 3 1/2" golf pencil]With the original version I have to shave the pencil down 1/4" first.
This is a great illusion!

Rich
[/quote]
I've always wanted to see this done up in brass and made to look (and hopefully work) as a lighter.
[quote]
On 2009-03-18 12:43, Payne wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

http://www.magicgettogether.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AM&Product_Code=AHIO&Category_Code=
[/quote]

Well, same basic effect and principle, but I don't think that really qualfies as a "Tenyo Elite." I was thinking more of it being made with a similar theme... with a large glass pyramid, a carved wooden altar, etc.
I'd like to see the Ninja Experiment made Elite
[quote]
On 2009-03-18 12:43, Payne wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

http://www.magicgettogether.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AM&Product_Code=AHIO&Category_Code=
[/quote]

Not really the same in size or portability.
I realize it's not really part of the Tenyo Elite concept, but wouldn't it be great if some of these were made not just with better materials, but also as "parlor-sized" versions? Crystal Pyramid and Crystal Cleaver could be works of art if they were about 10" tall.

I'm envisioning something with the beauty of "Sword of the Ring" (pictured below) combined with the Tenyo functionality. Ok... actually it could be made even more beautiful than "Sword of the Ring." An Ornately carved wood chest with a real (jewel-adorned?) dagger. Instead of a finger ring, use a silver (or gold?) plated steel O-ring. Prison Box and Mobile Illusion would also work great if done in larger scale.
Apart from particular items to be made elite, I have a personal cliche on tenyo items made with Examinable dupes to throw at curious spectators.

afterall, they might not be at all skeptical; the design of the props alone draws too much appeal to get their hands on them.

For example, I want an elite version of the Invisible zone that comes with an actual pen and an examinable duplicate.

then of course the Prison Box and Crystal cleaver!
Mini Magic brass Close Up sets. Know this would be a real challenge.
There are a lot of great suggestions in this thread!
I would like to add 'BILLSCAPE'; it is already of very good quality , however it could always be made more professional looking :)

'SANDWICH PLATTER' is another great trick that could do with a more professional look, i.e. with bicycle cards :)
Crystal Cleaver and Eclipse!
Prison Box - mine broke after several uses
I've found Crystal Cleaver to be unusable because it talks real loud at the magic moment. It's gotta be absolutely silent.
[quote]
On 2009-04-30 03:57, alannasser wrote:
I've found Crystal Cleaver to be unusable because it talks real loud at the magic moment. It's gotta be absolutely silent.
[/quote]

I'm not sure why it has to be absolutely silent. The "click" sound is actually very useful because it sounds like the sword is hitting the ring then penetrating through.
That's what I say when mine "clicks". I say "there. It just went right through the ring".
Crystal Cleaver and Midas Machine for sure! I would love to get another Midas Machine if anyone out there has one to sell. I would definately but 2 Crystal Cleaver elites!
I would like to see you make the one where the little skeleton writes the name of your card.

Jim
Spirit in the coffin please
LOL, I was waiting for you make the official post about that magicmind!

P.
Post has been made...officially. Now, lets see the merchandise.
:coolspot:

I made this my 1300th post for a reason peter. See if you can have a beta version by my 1400th.
I love/hate the "CRYSTAL PYRAMID" for a few reasons, it is a highly visual effect and I do it with an old coin, all lay folk love it, but it is not good quality and it makes a lot of noise, but it is fun to do and watch, I would pay $100.00 bucks for a well made one,
Definitely the Prison Box. It is one of the best effects Tenyo has ever created.
Zig Zag Cig
Invisible Zone
Side Tracked

Derek Lever demonstrated "Side Tracked" at the IBM/SAM convention in Louisville last year. It's a mechanical marvel as were all the other effects he demonstrated in his lecture, and it's nearly impossible to find these days. I hope the Elite group will consider this one.

Also, Invisible Zone. Another mechanical marvel.

Zig Zag Cig / Pencil goes without saying.

Robert
Ok I didn't want to give this away...but here it is (and if you make it...I would like you to give me one!)

FLASH DICE

but not just any flash dice - the dice would be about 2-3 inches square and be made with flat side and NO spots. Why? So performers could print their own on label paper and change them at will.

,,, Imagine putting in a bunch of letter dice, shaking it and spelling out a company name...or a birthday kid's name, or a picture being formed...I could think of 10 solid uses for it right now!
"Wandering Hole"
Chinese Sticks, Chinese Sticks, and Chinese Sticks, and oh, did I mention Chinese Sticks?

Ace :dance:
http://s474.photobucket.com/albums/rr110/ChineseSticks/?start=all

[quote]
On 2009-07-06 23:49, cbmar wrote:
"Wandering Hole"
[/quote]
Wow, that one brings back memories! I used to have that one!

I had a Penetration Frame and a Clear View Finger Chopper, Crystal Tube and coin through match. These would all be some things I would get to bring back my
childhood memories.

ACE
Wandering Hole....I really want to do this one in an Elite Edition, and it was on my personal list from day one, just have to convince my other partners and Tenyo of course. I thought about having it made with a nice quality pen, and a wooden frame that either contains a mirror or plexi window instead of the plastic yellow or red card that the prop is currently made of.

Thoughts?

Peter.
Message: Posted by: The Wizard of Hearts (Jul 18, 2009 12:35AM)
Thumb tip! Thumb tip! Pure silver Thumb Tip!
Wizzard you are way, and I mean WAY to late, we already produced them in 14 K GOLD!

Sorry!

Peter.
Can you buy any of the Tenyo Elite yet?

ACE
Zone infinity in metal (just the case, the coin holder should stay as is).
I gotta go with Peter Cuddihy's suggestion of the Prison Box. It is an absolute brain boiler. I remember reading the description of this effect in Genii Magazine before it was released. I literally thought about it day and night trying to figure out how it could be possible (yes, I'm a loser). I'm pleased to say I figured it out on my own, but it took me a long, long time.

Anyway, imagine this piece produced not elegantly, but "industrially." An ugly box with bolts and welds and rivets. The stories you could weave about where you found it, who made it. Or, it could be equally cool if it looked totally sci fi, with polished metal and a whole lot of shiny. Then it becomes an experiment, or a found object passed on by a relative who worked at NASA.

I love this Tenyo Elite idea. Just hurry up already. Everyone's wallets are open and we're waiting...waiting. :)
I agree to somewhat what everyone is saying, but I have been a Tenyo collector since I was 12 years old, and now I am 48 and I love the plastic version better because a lot of the gimmicks for the Tenyo, if they where made in metal you could hear a lot of the gimmick noises. You can hear some now in the plastic versions. They're not real loud, but can you imagine if they where made in metal, unless they can make them to where you cannot hear the noise, then it would be fine. And some of the effects have to be pretty flexible too for the gimmick to work, and that won't work with metal..., but I still like and prefer the original for me.
[quote]
On 2009-02-19 21:09, tdowell wrote:
1. Crystal Cleaver
2. Invisible Zone
3. Zig Zag Cig.
4. Zone Infinity
5. Prison Box
6. Mystery China Box
7. Vault Vision
8. Crystal Pyramid
9. Eye of the Idol
10. Krazy Keys
11. Salt cups
12. Crazy spots
13. Dragon Alter
14. Excaliber
15. Mini Morphesis
[/quote]
Another vote for Krazy Keys.

Best,
Neil
"Nostradamus Clock" - a fantastic mentalist's prop which lends its self to great patter. Serriously this little prop can give you several minuets of quality mental magic. As a bonus, it should relatively inexpensive to produce in an Elite version.
Would love to also see an Elite version of the, "Mummy Mystery" trick.

It's not a Tenyo trick but everyone knows it, the trick with 3 different colored mummies and the spectator places on inside a sarcophagus.
Mini Morphosis.
Wonder window:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt5F5ynG4Ok
With all the recent posts about Sandwich Platter I have to say this is one I think would be a good one for the Elite line. It seems it would be desired by a broad section of people here on the Café- the pros as well as folks like myself who enjoy magic as a serious hobby.
[quote]With all the recent posts about Sandwich Platter I have to say this is one I think would be a good one for the Elite line.[/quote]
I agree. Now that I've seen a demo, I think it would be an excellent choice, especially since the originals seem pretty hard to come by these days.
The 'Tenyo Elite guys' actually don't have to change a lot to make Sandwich Platter 'Elite'. As a matter of fact, I made it 'custom' once and it works 100 % ) :P

If there is no-one in the Elite 'company' that knows how the trick works, I'd be glad to explain it and suggest how to make it 'elite'.

[edit] I first made some suggestions to the Elite-guys, but that gave away the secret (kindoff ;) ).
I think that some kind of new Cubio would be cool… let’s say rather than a cube, a skull, voodoo doll, some ancient relic, you get the picture.

Also a new release of the Sand Frame.

Thanks,
Bruce
Sandwich Platter.
Here's what I would like to see Tenyo Elite produce:

1. Side Track (Please, please, please - arguably the greatest zig zag card ever!)
2. Crystal Cleaver
3. Vault Vision
4. Crazy Spots
5. A beautifully designed set of Bird Watcher
Simple effects, no sophisticated mechanics, and same material(anodized aluminum)... I would then suggest :
Geometrick
Match Sticks
Flash dice

And then, a duo ($150)? : MiraMetal + Zone Infinity
Oh, I forgot; no one has mentioned this, but Quicksilver is a great effect (long out of production), but could be made into a work of art by Tenyo Elite.
I would love to see an elite version of Mystery Triangle.I use this all the time.
Den
Sorry to be boring (as these are mentioned already but to add to the votes):

i) Sandwich Platter (metal plates would be nice)
ii) Zig Zag Cig (slightly longer to allow SuperKing size fags to be used)
iii) Diminishing Cards (don't think this has had a shout yet)
I would like a remote-controlled version of the "China Mystery Box" made out of scalloped cocobolo Rosewood and walnut with an ebony base.
And I'll take a "Mini-Morphosis" crafted from bee's wing eucalyptus, with accompanying noise-proof decorative and finely hand stitched lined silk curtains.

:)
I would like match sticks in wood, with inlaid numbers or roman numerals
Ideally a dark wood and a light wood...if anyone knows who could make them for me
id be interested to hear how much it might cost?
thanks
I would LOVE for someone to make a good Cubio.
Me I like Mira metal, Twister, Moons of jupiters and side tracked for the Elite version.
I *love* Silk Serenade... even though its actually a cheap version of a Jim Rainho effect (I'd get the Rainho if it was still available.)

I know a lot of people think it can't be performed anymore because records are no longer in active use. I personally don't agree, but that might limit its commercial appeal. Still, I'd buy one made out of soemthign more durable then cardboard.

I wonder if you could "update" it with colored CDs...
Oh and I second the folks who already mentioned Eclipse. I love the visual nature of it.
Okay a third, I think. I've never seen it in person, only in you tube video, but I like the basic idea of "Tricky Business". very deceptive. Logically I know the real card has to be preloaded and coming from somewhere, and the double width of the box is a bit suspicious, but I can't quite out the two together in a way that makes sense :)

It seems to me if you could (a) produce this is in metal with a steel or gold tone so it looked like a businessman's accessory, not a toy and (b) could find some design way to justify the the double-width better, it would be a killer "carry around with you' businessman's trick.

Edit: Okay I just figured it out. That double width IS a problem unless you can find a way to make it make more sense.
EYE OF THE IDOL please. Possibly the single strongest effect ever produced by Tenyo. If the idol was created with a granite stone like paint finish and the crystals were gem like glass rather than plastic this effect would be a sure winner.It would certainly sell well. While I realise that this might well not be the easiest product from the range to reproduce it would be worth the effort so please have the courage to give it a go. This is a plea from the heart.I do hope that you will read this post Steve and give it some serious consideration :)
I think "Tricky Business" is already an elite version I found, the design is very beautiful, metallic, the cover class and sober, what more ? Is allready perfect ...

I agree for a Elite version of Match sticks wooden, sandwich platter in wood too.
Love too a beautiful Ultra tube whit locking system. Or Parabox whit metal case. like too Elite Diabolicus and bioshock.

Desagree totaly for cubio elite.
I agree with most of the above, but thinking about it, the only tenyo item I still use is 'Ghost Pet' I have had great reactions to a spooky presentation I use seated at a table. Now if the box was a dark wood it would be much better.
[quote]
On 2010-06-27 20:04, Cyberqat wrote:
I *love* Silk Serenade... even though its actually a cheap version of a Jim Rainho effect (I'd get the Rainho if it was still available.)

I know a lot of people think it can't be performed anymore because records are no longer in active use. I personally don't agree, but that might limit its commercial appeal. Still, I'd buy one made out of soemthign more durable then cardboard.

I wonder if you could "update" it with colored CDs...
[/quote]

There is an update of sorts....
Not a great presentation shown here, but with some work I think this "color changing cd" effect would work"
http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/product_info.php?products_id=2356
DIABOLICUS
My vote is for Invisible Zone: such a brilliant little illusion!
Diabolicus.

Diabolicus.

DIABOLICUS.

There. Three votes already.
I vote for Blue Crystal and Soft Coins.

OK, sorry. Bad joke.
Here's another vote for Prison Box and perhaps one day 4D Surprise
Soft coins and Crystal Cleaver
I wanted to do Diabolicus too. Make it out of a beautiful hardwood or something. The problem when looking into this effect is obtaining the speical material and or "strip" From what I remember, even Tenyo told us, they couldn't even get this anymore, which I beleive is why Diaboicus is no longer being produced by Tenyo. However they did say they may have a lead for us if we decide to investigate further.

Peter.
I think you could fairly say that if you were to find a means of producing Diabolicus that you would have a sure fire winner on your hands.
[quote]
On 2010-11-22 12:56, Peter Loughran wrote:
I wanted to do Diabolicus too. Make it out of a beautiful hardwood or something. The problem when looking into this effect is obtaining the speical material and or "strip" From what I remember, even Tenyo told us, they couldn't even get this anymore, which I beleive is why Diaboicus is no longer being produced by Tenyo. However they did say they may have a lead for us if we decide to investigate further.

Peter.
[/quote]

Please do TUNNEL OF DARKNESS...

This one is just mind blowing.
I would like to see them bring back Bare Bones in a elite edition
Di A Bol I Cus.
i
a
b
o
l
i
c
u
simply the best Tenyo effect ever.

Make it again and I will buy three.

David
[quote]
On 2011-04-06 21:23, David Thiel wrote:
Di A Bol I Cus.
i
a
b
o
l
i
c
u
simply the best Tenyo effect ever.

Make it again and I will buy three.

David
[/quote]

I second this and TOD! LOL
Maybe it would have been easier to name those tricks that we do NOT necessarily want in a premium edition....? :)
C'mon. let's get real here: Invisible Zone is beautiful eye candy, and it's eminently useable in performance situations. Invisible Zone is a staple of my close-up magic and even small parlour shows, and it never fails to elicit wows and gasps. I think I voted for this before, but I need to state that if you haven't tried this in front of an audience, you don't realize how strong this is! Of course it helps to dress this up with a good story (Romulan cloaking device, before they upgraded it for spaceships).
Elite Version of Prison Box , Prison Box , Prison Box , and - did I mention it ? - Prison Box !!!

perhaps also Knife of the Ninja ... with an knife that actually looks like an knife this time please ...
The Floating Lady,not cartoony but a real looking lady and magician with a metal frame, T66 Occult Board, metal,w metal doors, China Mystery Box, black metal box, Eclipse, black metal, Krazy Keys, real metal keys, Eye of the Idol, in real stone and crystals.
[quote]
On 2011-04-14 17:17, Nicolino wrote:
Maybe it would have been easier to name those tricks that we do NOT necessarily want in a premium edition....? :)
[/quote]

This is absolutely true.
Well I can tell you that CC is one of a few being experimented with right now in the prototype phase, I'm hoping we are able to release this one.
Peter...as in Crystal Cleaver?
I second the suggestion for Bare Bones.
My vote goes to:

1.Crystal Cleaver
2.Diabolicus

Statue of Liberty is pretty impressive as well but since that was just released....I'll stick with the classics.
Hi Peter:

Thanks for letting us know that an Elite CC is being tested. Can you let us know how big the prototype model is (original size or larger)?
If Elite is indeed considering Crystal Cleaver as one of their next outings, I am beside myself with excitement. This is easily at the top of any Tenyo fan's list of the best of the best. Can you imagine an elite version?

I know I've been as impatient as the next elite fan, but I will happily shut up and wait like a good magic fan for this effect.

Peter...anything else you can share on this? If not...that's cool. Just a tid bit here or there is enough to keep us drooling and waiting.
Yes we are experimenting with an Elite version of CC, along with a few other items. We also are considering re-working our current prototypes of Soft Coins and Blue Crystal.

As for the size of some of the new prototypes, we are looking at both wood and metal versions.(only one would be released). The metal is great because you can keep pretty much the same size as the originals. However wood versions are in all likelyhood going to be slightly larger(with certain tricks) for obvious reasons. Our CC version if made of wood would be a little bit larger in size yes, but we going to try and keep it as small and as close to the original size as possible.

I personallu really wanted to also re-do Diabolicus out of wood(how cool would that be?). However Tenyo has informed us that the magnetic strip they used is no longer made or available. I'm still searching for it on my own or for an alternative, so if anyone can help me in my search, please let me know!
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Thanks Peter.
Hope to see some new Elte items soon - looking forward to some new goodies!
We are working hard on bringing some new goodies out!
Bring back the Coin Box Collection.
Wonder window
Can the next Tenyo Elite tricks be some oldies that are hard to find now eg Mirage or Ultra tube or Diabolicus? something like that?? I was very disapointed with fortune sticks and moonspinner both of which are readily available still today and are fine as they are. so please don't release more tricks like these and don't even think about re doing soft coins a trick that most of the world knows or blue crystal which is lame and again easily available.. just my 5 pence M M.
I would love to have a high end Ninja Experiment.

Looking forward to your big reveal.
Ninja Experiment would be very cool. I hope it is not soft coins or crazy spots...
Hi peter,steve and jason. any more news on the next Tenyo Elite items to come out?? or when you plan to let us all know of an announcement. warmest regards MIRROR MATE.
Mirror mate, well I can tell you that Jason holds the near version in his hands as I write this and he just about wet himself, its that freaking good! I can only agree! This next item is a true honor to Tenyo! I cannot wait to share it, we are all SO excited! This is off to Japan on Monday, and once finalizations are done then magic happens!

Stay tuned!

P.
Great news... looking forward to wetting myself :)

John
Message: Posted by: Adams The Magician (Mar 9, 2013 11:21AM)
Sounds Great!!!
I want one. I don't know what it is, but I know I want one :)
Awesome Peter. Can't wait.
Thanks! It's an exciting time! Also be sure to join our mailing list for update info when the item is announced and released, as this new item is not being mass produced and quantities will be limited. Exact limited quantity will be announced at release. And I'm buying 2 of them! :) one to keep sealed and one to perform with!
Oh peter I cannot wait!! the anticipation is killing me,hats off to you guys for such an awesome venture. BRILLIANT.
Make sure I am on the email list Peter

cvh@ohvanhorn.com

Thanks

Charlie
Peter any more news for us?? when is the big announcement for the new Elite item? many thanks MIRROR MATE.
While Tenyo was just as excited about the prototype as we were, they want to see 2 small changes done to the prototype, so it will be about another 2-3 weeks before we have a new prototype made and then we have to send it back to Japan for final approval. So we are about a month out right now.

Peter.
It sounds like you've made it over the biggest hurdle. Congratulations Peter!
Now that it appears your team is nearing the home stretch, why not let the cat out of the bag?
I read on this thread that a few years ago Peter Was experimenting with a prototype for 'Crystal Cleaver'.

What was the outcome of this experimentation? Where are we now? Are we any nearer?

A slightly larger and noise cushioned version with a sword AND ribbon supplied and with a ring AND Chinese holed coin supplied would be a real revolution in this effect.

Crystal Cleaver (and Eye of the Idol) both hold so much potential for elite versions.
[quote]On Jul 18, 2017, Andy Moss wrote:

Crystal Cleaver (and Eye of the Idol) both hold so much potential for elite versions. [/quote]

Agreed!
So many wood versions of Sword through Ring, and none with the unique locking mechanism of the original Tenyo Crystal Cleaver. Please keep it the same on this but using better materials. Please no wood or alternate looking props.

Anodized black aluminum base, purple anodized cover (engraved decoration), same clear box, but made of glass or a thicker more polished plastic, all polished chrome plated steel sword with leather handle, and gold plated beveled ring. Make the unit a bit larger than original.

Got to make Crystal Cleaver elite.
I have, or have had a sword thru ring trick, some have cost $250.00 and more. None where as clever as Tenyo Crystal Cleaver. Would love to have a Elite Crystal Cleaver
I agree.... Crystal Cleaver is the one I'd want remade, too.

Robert
I agree. Crystal Cleaver.
I'm sure it would be fairly easy to apply the Tenyo Elite magic to the Crystal Cleaver.....come on TE....
I wonder what an Elite version of “Eye of the Idol” would look like. That one’s got potential for something awesome!
I once saw a picture, can’t remeber where, of someone who played around with his Eye of the Idol. He pained the idol to give it a more statue like look. Then he added grass foliage to the base. It looked AWESOME!!! I’m sure with Tenyo Elite’s resources, they can make it the greatest Elite item ever! One day maybe. Who knows? Peter? Any chance of that happening one day?
Crystal cleaver
I'll bet Magic Wagon could make a great Eye of the Idol. They did a great job with the Crystal Clever!
Eye would love to see Eye of the Idol. To that idea I say, "Eye Eye!"

Eye apologize for this post.
[quote]On May 11, 2018, goodingda wrote:
I'll bet Magic Wagon could make a great Eye of the Idol. They did a great job with the Crystal Clever! [/quote]

Both Tenyo's Crystal Cleaver and Magic Wagon's Ring thru Sword (and more recently Ultimate Ring thru Sword) are wonderful upgrades of the original Ring Escape from Wolfgang Grosskopf (1974) and Viennamagic models... (Thanks to JL608 for this relevant info)

BTW, Crystal Cleaver has a very unique modus operandi and other distinctive features (transparent ring box, etc.)

Wolfgang Grosskopf
[IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/923/GUhHUA.jpg[/IMG]

Viennamagic
[img]https://s5.postimg.cc/hm5l1d4dj/Vienna_Magic_Tower.jpg[/img]

Viennamagic
[img]https://s5.postimg.cc/e91tf0x9z/Vienna_Magic_Ring_Tower.jpg[/img]
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jun 14, 2019 09:27AM)
That is very interesting. Thanks for the pics. I love Crystal Cleaver, it is baffling in so many ways. Had my 9 year old boy perform for his grandparents and uncles several years ago. He borrowed his grandmother's wedding ring. You should have seen the looks of astonishment.