(Close Window)
Topic: Magnalucius RIP
He posted here often and was known to some of you. Andrés Castro, Magnalucius, at the all too young age of 27 passed away last Sunday. He was an outstanding magician, one of Ecuador's finest. He was certainly the most versed. We who knew him are saddened. May he rest in peace.
Wow it is sad indeed, may he swim with the mummified mermaids that he loved so much.

RIP
Oh, no! I knew him only here, but he was definitely a friend. I am greatly saddened by the news.
Bill
Very sad news. :(

Tony
A toast from our cups to his memory.
He was a helpful and humorous contributor - its shocking that he's gone.
I am saddened by the news of Magnalucius' passing.
27. Very, very sad. :(
It is always sad to lose on of our own, and it compounds the tragedy with one so young. I offer all of my best wishes to his family and friends.
Far too young to have passed away, My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Kotah
Sad news...

May the Buddha guide and bless him on his journey.

Om Mani Padme Hum
[quote]
On 2009-03-11 11:46, Silvertongue wrote:
Sad news...

May the Buddha guide and bless him on his journey.

Om Mani Padme Hum
[/quote]

If the Buddha looks like a little funnyguy with a turban, it's Ali Bongo.
He was a very good friend of mine. He was for sure the best close up magician in Ecuador, and probably the only bizarre one in the region.

I just hope that one day I can see him again, give him a hug, and that I can hear from his mouth the word: "Believe".

May he rest in magic!
I didn't know him but I want give my best wishes to his family and close ones.
I just found a video of his last bizarre magic presentation on the FLASOMA 2009.

It is on youtube at the following URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0hMCRMO8N0

Hope you enjoy it!
Thank you! He was a good friend, although we never met.

Bill
[b]Shock of all shocks!!![/b], he was a big supporter and customer of mine..., this is awful! What a nice and creative person we have lost. As if I didn't feel like crap already..., this is terrible news. Makes all other disappointments today so trivial.

What was the cause???

I wish I had religion so I could ease his way through the gates..., but if the gates are there, this kind and wonderful guy will slip on through without need of a boost.

This sucks.
[quote]
On 2009-03-13 09:33, tiriri wrote:
I just found a video of his last bizarre magic presentation on the FLASOMA 2009.

Hope you enjoy it!
[/quote]

That was really great, I loved the ending.
The ending carried heavy portent.
[quote]
On 2009-03-13 09:33, tiriri wrote:

Hope you enjoy it!
[/quote]

That was wonderful thank you for posting that. I didn't understand it but it was emotion packed. I especially loved the ending.
The ending was really good.

And I hadn't had much contact with him, so I searched a few posts to remember who he was...and now I am extra sad. He will certainly be missed in this forum.

Doug, I'm kind of hoping he got the Chupacabra he was talking about ordering a couple of weeks ago. But if he didn't, or he hadn't ordered it yet, maybe he passed with that "And my next book will be...and my next effect will be...and I'm working on a story...and I sure hope to see that Chupacabra soon..." kind of lust for life and magic we all seem to share.

May he rest in peace.
He hadn't ordered it.

The end of that video says a lot more than you all know. I don't feel it's my place to reveal it's importance at this time. Let me just say if it sent a chill...it should have.
Thanks so much for that video post.
Magnalucius had such chops, his presentation was strong, theatrical and moving.

So sad,
I extend my thoughts to his family in Ecuador.
So sad. I was in contact with him just before I shut shop for the wedding, he sent me his best wishes and chatted to him often.

Things like this put life into perspective for all of us.

RIP my friend.
About a couple of months ago my wife, who is finishing a minor in photography, took a few pictures of some Ecuadorian magicians including Magnalucius. And a couple of weeks ago he asked me to e mail him those pictures so he could use one for his profile picture here in the magic Café. I guess I wasn´t fast enough in sending him the picture. So I am uploading two pictures of Magnalucius, one in his bizarre costume and the other one as a close up magician.

I hope you like them; especially those of you that knew him from the Café but didn´t know him personally.

Best regards from Ecuador,

Giovanni.
Here goes the other photograph...

Giovanni.
Hey those are great pics. If possible, please put them on Flickr and add them to the Magic group. We have hundreds of magic photos from all over the world and I'd love to have some of him on there. He was a good guy.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/magic
Wow, this is really really depressing. He and I shared some ideas back and forth. I had no idea he was so young. He had a good mind for this stuff. I'll miss him.
I still miss him. I was very proud of him last FLASOMA. Take care where ever you are my friend.
I'll miss you forever my good friend and "father". You teached me so many things I'd have never learned without you, specially being kind and simple. Good luck wherever you are and thanks for giving me the luck of your friendship. Take care!
He was a great friend, and magician. Thanks for everything Magna. Where ever you are good luck, I'll miss you forever.
I'm floored to read this news!
I'm deeply sorry and send all good wishes and blessings to all of Mag's friends, family and loved ones.

Our Bizarre world is a little darker today.

Christian