(Close Window)
Topic: Delightful Spike Thru Balloon by Tony Clark
Does anyone have a review on this already or can post one?
My search turned up nothing.

thanks

ACE
Anyone bought this? Anyone use this?
Any dealers selling this can review it?
Is it practical?
Can it be done in a living room?
Is it as good or better than the regular needle through balloon?

thanks
ACE
No one has this?

ACE
Hello Ace:

There a demo of it on youtube. Personally, I was not very impressed with it.

Ron
Thanks. I saw the demo at the dealer who was selling it. I was just wondering if anyone who has this can actrually comment on it.

Thanks again for letting me know.

Joe
This is the first I've heard of it.
I thought it looked kind of cool for a kids act, adds a little something extra to the old needle through the balloon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llZi7OZuTlE
It did look cool I liked it great for the Kids !
I use the Ickle Pickle nail thru balloon which uses two big nails and a long animal-making balloon. It gets great responses...

Jim
I ordered one the other day, I'll post how it works out for me. I have daily summer camp shows comming up, so if it works out, I will be doing this a lot.

ACE
I got this and it does work. You can do it up close.
It is a plastic spike. A lot thicker than the needle thru balloon. It's amazing it does not pop the balloon.
You have to turn the base to turn on the light, which is a little hard after you lubricate the "spike". Maybe I used too much lube.
But the effect does work well and looks good. You cannot pull the spike all the way through the balloon, but it does go in both sides of the balloon and you pull it out the same way you put it in.

It does exactly what you see in the video, so if you like that, then I would get it.
I'm going to play around with it this summer for my camp shows and see how it goes for the kids. Maybe I will use it in conjunction with my old needle through balloon.

ACE :dance:
[quote]
On 2009-03-15 10:45, mandarin wrote:
I use the Ickle Pickle nail thru balloon which uses two big nails and a long animal-making balloon. It gets great responses...

Jim
[/quote]

...Looks like a rip-off to me (check out Tenyo's plastic version, which I have somewhere). Mind you, if only Tenyo had gone this way originally...

[b]GS[/b]
The balloon covered with a tube is a completely different effect than Needle Thru Balloon or Delightful Spike Thru Balloon by Tony Clark.

I used to put an animal balloon in a toilet paper tube and run pencils through it. Talk about cheap. lol.

ACE
I found the basic gimmick at a crafts store last year. I sharpened the point and roughed up the clear point so that it would refract light better.

It worked fairly well. I may have to refine my sharpening of the point. I found that air leaked out rather quickly once I pulled out the needle. This actually looked interesting as the hole acted like a nozzle and the ballon zipped away from me!

I don't know that I would replace my regular needle as this new twist is best done in low light. Other than that, it is a new twist to an old idea that has its place in some routines.

Lynn Fox
Foxbiz: An amateur magician came to see my act about 20 years ago. He was a full time mechanic. After he saw me do needle thru balloon, he went home and made one out of a clothes hanger. It worked better than mine, except no yarn or string could be attached. I finally made him make me one. I used it a while, but then I bought another new regular needle thu balloon.
I also sometimes get that hole with a leak while using my regular needle thru balloon. I usually cover it with my finger to keep the air from leaking out, so I can finish my story.

ACE
I can tell you from personal experience that NOTHING Tony Clark produces is a ripoff in any way, shape or form. He is a class act all the way.
[quote]
On 2009-07-17 03:13, Andrewzuber wrote:
I can tell you from personal experience that NOTHING Tony Clark produces is a ripoff in any way, shape or form. He is a class act all the way.
[/quote]

I believe he was referring to the Ickle Pickle product which uses a tube to cover the balloon, not Tony Clark's version.
Ooh yes! You're correct! Thanks for the clarification :)