(Close Window)
Topic: Making my gaff??
I'm not much for gaff coins but I had an idea for a gaff that I wanted to try and make. It requires cutting about a quarter of a centimeter down each side of the coin. The problem is, I don't know what I could use to cut down the coin. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Bolt cutter. Don't know if it would bend the coin in the process though. You'd also get a beveled cut not a flat edge.
Mark, You can pick up a tiny hack saw at lowes, use the thin blade and cut slowly, you should be fine.

Best,
Joe
A jewlers saw will work best.

Shawn
Make friends with a machinist. I don't know exactly what you want to do, but it sounds like you want to shave some metal off of face of a coin? Anyway, this kind of thing will almost be trivial for someone with a small mill. You might be able to get it done just out of interest, or the cost should be very low, or possibly some magic in return for the work maybe a short show for a dinner party?
Thanks guys. I got in touch with a mechinist this mornign but havn't gotten any response yet. For those whoa are wondering, this is a gaff to vanish any kind of coin, whether it is bigger or smaller than a half dollar (so far)
I don't know what your budget is, but if I want to cut, grind, or drill a coin to make a gaff, I use a dremel tool with attachments.
I was going to suggest a Dremel Tool too, It realy is a Great tool for detailed work.

Gerald
Thanks guys. Turns out the gaff didn't even work lol. Kind of a crazy pipe dream. I will keep at it though ;)
What was the idea? Maybe we could find another way around the problem?!
It must be so hard to make gaffs...