(Close Window)
Topic: New Homemade Prop
I have designed a bicycle card box that holds another deck in its box inside it.

I'm thinking a "man with two decks" type of routine.

Bring out box, open it and slide out "deck" with backs of cards showing and pocket the box. After a short chat open the box and take out the deck again.

What do you think?

Bryan
Sounds like a good idea, I have never heard of this being done like this. Ray Krosby (on his tape) has a version of this, so does Mark Mason (gimmick sold by J.B. Magic).
I'm not sure I follow the idea. Could you give a little more info? PM if necessary.

Thanks,
phill
It is simply a box that is decorated like a "bike" brand card box that will hold a regulation "bike" deck in its box.

I print it out on photo paper, cut out, fold and glue.

Fit is excellent ... doesn't bind and isn't "sloppy".

I've found if you remove the inside box with the "card back" facing the audience they don't notice it is another box.

You don't comment on it, you just remove the deck ... pause for whatever reason (talking) and then remove the deck again. You get some weird looks.

Bryan
Very clever! I'm sure you do get some unusual looks from people.
Don't they have expanded boxes or deck shells available? I remember seeing many on dealer web sites.

Andrew :hmm:
This isn't a deck shell per se ... a deck shell is like any other shell, open sided to fit over a deck (I make them too) much the same way a coin shell does.

I know of ideas with taking the deck out and pocketing the box and then a box again for a deck. A man with two boxes thing.

I have a blue one made up and I will have a red one soon ... maybe then an idea for a red/blue bit will come to me. Something along the "deck and rope" choice.

Bryan
Bryan -
Thanks for the additional info...