(Close Window)
Topic: Devils Picture Book
I just received this video in the post today and wow I am impressed. Three hours of Derren Brown and his old card effects.
Time to knuckle down now and get in some practice. I cannot recommend this video enough the Three Card routine would be a great reputation maker.
I agree some great stuff on this!

Try the mental f***es, present with confidence and they will work!

They work for me and I'm 14!

Lewis.
I loved this video as well

especially

oil and water
3 card revelation
the rose trick

most innovative card magic ive seen in years

matt
I have been on the brink of getting this for a long time now. The main thing holding me back is that on Derren's website, they said it might not even be shipped out for 3 weeks. That and the fact that its on video instead of DVD. I keep telling myself, that I already have plenty of magic stuff and I probably don't need it, on the other hand, it sounds really intriguing and is hard for me to resist.
I think it is worth it Geoff. I love that Zameils Rose (I think that's it) and Extreme Mental Effort. I am not sure about the 3 card trick but, the card under box I worth a look. It is easy to master and It has a great ending. Smoke is also a hard one to miss and so is his OOTW handling.

Lee

P.S. If you are scared to do EME get them to shuffle underneath the table.
When I ordered mine it only took a week to get it.

Matt
I'm led to believe that H&R magic books are currently negotiating the rights to produce this as a DVD as well as the reprinting of Pure Effect and Absolute magic.
I wish it was on DVD as well but I have the video and I love it. Pure Effect was recently reprinted and I bought it from http://www.magictricks.co.uk
Geoff I ordered this 2 weeks ago and received it yesterday.
Not only that Derren Brown signed it personally for me !!!
How good is that?
the second half of the tape is priceless...
Does anyone in the UK have a PAL version they would sell? Derren is now only selling VHS tapes on his site.
[quote]
On 2003-05-15 04:29, Martino wrote:
I'm led to believe that H&R magic books are currently negotiating the rights to produce this as a DVD as well as the reprinting of Pure Effect and Absolute magic.
[/quote]

I guess that's both a good and a bad thing. The good is I will get to pick up Absolute magic and the bad is my DPB invest goes down the drain.

Lee
I've got a signed DVD version, three card routine is possibly the best opener for table work ever times a billion
Why is this being discussed in the books, pamphlets, and lecture notes section?
Because its the Devils Picture [b][i]Book[/i][/b] :)
Only it's a video, not a BOOK
Maybe this is Derren's way of messing with your mind...
I too have watched this, and amongst the effects that deserve study are his mental force and a card under box routine (I think it's in this video). You are truly in for a treat!
Don't forget the remarkably elegant and beautiful effect where the card bursts into rose petals ;)
Just wondered how many people have waited for the little video after the actual video (if that makes any sense) where Derren is standing in aa park with baloons??!?!?
Are you referring to his impression of Hollingworth?