(Close Window)
Topic: Phone Ale by Wolf or Can O Corn by Viking
Which do you feel is a better effect to use as an ending to Cellulator?

Can O Corn
https://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=55

OR

Phone Ale
http://www.wolfmagic.com/PhoneAle.htm
Phone Ale ( I have it ) is a very nice ending I know nothing bout can of corn.
I have Can of Corn and LOVE it..., I know nothing about Phone Ale..

Now we need a tie breaker
I will try my best to be non-bias.
I would not say one is better than the other.
The Phone-Ale makes more sense with my Cellulator routine as the final effect is bringing out a String Canned Phone gag which ties into the loss of the cell phone in a comical way and is relevant to the overall plot of destroying the phone and replacing it with a "phone".
Plus it is a really cool nested box effect as well.
Can-O-Corn is otherwise a FANTASTIC effect/prop/method!! It is really up to your personal preference.
Thanks
Chance
I use the Master Prediction Box to reveal the borrowed cellphone. You will need an assistant for this. I don't hang it but I place is inside a larger box which has a prize give away inside. In this way, the audience do not immediately think that the cellphone is inside it.
Nowadays, an Iphone is the phone I always borrow.
As for your question, the Phone Ale makes more sense.
I made up my own method, also based on the old "can-to-string-to-can" idea, only in a modern version. I call it the "High-Tech, Dual Modular Can Phone Set".
[quote]
On 2009-04-22 20:48, Lou Hilario wrote:
I use the Master Prediction Box to reveal the borrowed cellphone. You will need an assistant for this. I don't hang it but I place is inside a larger box which has a prize give away inside. In this way, the audience do not immediately think that the cellphone is inside it.
Nowadays, an Iphone is the phone I always borrow.
As for your question, the Phone Ale makes more sense.
[/quote]

You use the MPS the 4 grand one? WOW that's pricey for a kids show in the living room.. Don't think I can afford that... I thought the Doug Malloy version didn't need an assistant..
Having seen both, but only owning one, I'd have to say I love my Can o' Corn, but it's a little tight for many cell phones, especially Blackberries or iPhones. For a phone? I'd say Phone-ale.
For a Kids show audience The Phone Ale would be my choice...BUT I LOVE CAN O CORN!!!!! I like most the last one but a reality its : FOR KIDS PHONE ALE its the way!
You could also use can-tastic by Illusioncraft.com. I just changed it to a larger can.
Think can-tastic is http://www.Illusioncraft.co.uk
Is there any differences between "Can-Tastic" and "Can O' Corn"? Are the methods the same? The reason that I ask is because I have been searching all over to get my hands on Can O' Corn. Thanks...
Can-Tastic should be called Crap-Tastic. Not in the same league as Can-o-Corn.

I have one I'll GIVE to anyone who wants it (you pay for shipping.)

Best,
James