(Close Window)
Topic: Anthony Owen's Sticky Blue Book NEW 2009 EDITION
The talented Mr. Own has an updated version to his popular Sticky Blue Book.

"This book – first published in 1995 - offers Anthony’s revolutionary approach to card magic. It is packed with great tricks and comes complete with a Changin' Glue 2-Way Pen. This new 2009 edition has been completely rewritten containing additional afterthoughts, new handlings and four bonus routines – including a previously unpublished mentalism effect by Max Maven"

This book contains thirteen card magic and mentalism routines suitable for close-up and stage situations from Anthony Owen, John Archer, Max Maven, Peter Duffie, John Lenahan, Angelo Carbone, Julian Dixon and Steve Dimmer. These include super-clean handlings of many classic effects and some great new plots.

More here:

[url=http://tvmagic.co.uk/tvmagicshop/product_info.php?products_id=46&osCsid=54acb119968efa21b52f3cfe19cde33c]STICKY BLUE 2009[/url]‏
Hi Christopher,

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of folks here at the Café.

I'm very proud of the stuff in this new edition. There's one concept shared amongst the bonus routines which I think is one of the best things I've come up with.

Thanks again.

Best,

Anthony Owen
Hi, never heard of you anthony (i'm pretty sure I have but probably don't remember, I don't have the best memory) Anyway this looks really cool I'm considering getting it although I'll wait for some reviews!

By the way here is a copy/paste of the contents :

The Perfect No-Palm Card to Wallet - A free signed selection appears inside an ungimmicked wallet, which was on the table before the card was chosen. No palming.

The Signed Card Anywhere – As performed by John Lenahan on BBC TV series Stuff the White Rabbit. A very entertaining routine in which the spectator plays the part of the magician. Great for stage, cabaret or close-up. A signed card vanishes whilst the cards are held in the spectator’s own hands and can reappear anywhere. No palming or sleights of any kind.

On The Level - A quick, visual, entertaining close-up routine. An ideal opener. One of the hits of Peter Duffie's acclaimed lecture - now available to all.

The Light Card - A blue backed selection which has been signed across its face by the spectator jumps to the performer’s pocket or wallet – and changes to a red backed card. No palming.

Sticky Blue Brainwave - Now you can perform the classic Brainwave Deck effect with ANY deck of cards. No more counting to thirteen or trying to look for pencil dots.

Days of Your – A great mentalism effect by Max Maven in which you correctly predict a spectator’s astrological sign. No pre-show, stooges or prior knowledge required.

Caravan Travellers - Anthony Owen's acclaimed handling of Larry Jennings' Open Travellers.

Sticky Intruder - A super clean handling of the Stewart James 51 Faces North / Paul Curry Open Prediction mentalism effect. The spectator deals the cards face up onto the table. Only one card is dealt face down unseen - it is flipped over to reveal it is the only card in the pack with a cross on its face.

And more...
That's okay Rpascual I've never heard of you either! ; )

The new edition of the book has only just been published so it might take a while for reviews to appear here...

Best,

a
The no palm card to wallet sounds excellent. could I please have a more complete description?
Hi The Mac,

Here's a fuller description of the Card to Wallet for you:

A wallet is introduced and placed in full view on the table or handed to a spectator. Another spectator freely selects a card, they sign or mark the face of the card in any way they wish. The spectator cuts the card into the centre of the deck and holds the deck in their own hands. The magician makes a magical gesture from the deck to the wallet. The magician doesn't touch the deck or the wallet at this point. The spectator holding the deck or the magician cleanly spreads the deck face up to reveal that the signed card has vanished. The wallet is opened to reveal a sealed envelope inside. The envelope is opened to reveal a card inside which is the signed selection. The spectator can keep the card and envelope as souvenirs. You get the wallet back.

This effect also appears on my Dungeon Video which was re-released on DVD last year along with several new bonus features. You can read more about that here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=298353&forum=111
As a big fan of the sticky stuff I gotta say Anthony is one clever mofo. His subtle use of the stuff fools the crap out of people..and magicians too. I can't wait to check out this new release!

luke
Thanks Luke. I love your stuff too. Mutual respect all around!

a
[quote]
On 2009-05-13 03:01, Anthony Owen wrote:
Hi The Mac,

Here's a fuller description of the Card to Wallet for you:

A wallet is introduced and placed in full view on the table or handed to a spectator. Another spectator freely selects a card, they sign or mark the face of the card in any way they wish. The spectator cuts the card into the centre of the deck and holds the deck in their own hands. The magician makes a magical gesture from the deck to the wallet. The magician doesn't touch the deck or the wallet at this point. The spectator holding the deck or the magician cleanly spreads the deck face up to reveal that the signed card has vanished. The wallet is opened to reveal a sealed envelope inside. The envelope is opened to reveal a card inside which is the signed selection. The spectator can keep the card and envelope as souvenirs. You get the wallet back.

This effect also appears on my Dungeon Video which was re-released on DVD last year along with several new bonus features. You can read more about that here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=298353&forum=111
[/quote]

WOW! that card to wallet sounds fantastic.Thank you Mr. Owen
No, thank you!
I thought you might be interested to know that this new updated edition of The Sticky Blue Book is now being distributed by the guys at Murphy's so you can now pick it up from your favourite dealer or Magic Café sponsor.

Apparently there's a lot of great buzz about the new contributions in this edition from Max Maven, John Archer and John Lenahan.

Best,

Anthony Owen
I have the original Stick Blue Book and it's quite clever. Very easy to read ( which helps guys like me ) with great plots.

So many of the folks from across the pond are doing a bang up job on advancing the art!
I've never met Anthony, nor do I have this book, but I've heard his name mentioned by some fairly well known and clever guys and ALWAYS in a positive light.

Basically, the word on the street is that he's a clever guy with some great stuff. Anthony, I hope to talk to you soon!
Thanks for the kind words Ben. It's flattering to know that the word on the street is positive!
I am doing a review on this I will post it later when I'm finished here and in the book review section.
I have this (as well as other material from Anthony) and I can tell you that the material he is sharing in his books/lecture notes is always brilliant. Keep sharing your genius' ideas Anthony.
Thanks Astone. You might be interested to know that my New Year's Resolutions include two new big products for the magic community. More news here when there's more I can say!