(Close Window)
Topic: Magic Live .. Night Off??
So here is the deal, I'll be at Magic Live with some friends. I believe there is some time on Tuesday, August 18 to do so, although I'm not sure as we have no schedule.

I think we have it narrowed down to either Penn & Teller or the Criss Angel Experience.

Your thoughts??

Steve
You're joking, right?

Even if you've seen P&T before, they've recently added Teller's performance of the Abbott floating ball trick that he's been working on for years.

You can bet that if I only have time during Magic Live for one outside show, that's the show I'm gonna see.
That's what I was thinking .. but then there is Criss' show. I've heard so many things about it.

Who knows .. maybe he'll read this and set me up with some comps. At one point he was the "rock" magician in New York and I was the "rock" magician in Chicago .. yet, after all these years ... we never met.

Give me a call Criss ...

Steve
I'm the "rock" magician of Branson.......

Just in case you were looking for something other than all of the Country Music S=== that's in this town..

Too bad I'm not still in Vegas or we could hang out Steve.
Your friend,

Taylor Reed
I am the rock Magician of..., oh wait, sorry not me. I don't know what I am, I guess the heinz57 magician of Alabama
Let's not forget the original "rock" magician from Ann Arbor Michigan .. Mr. Franz Harary ..

He'll be calling any minute now too ...

Steve
The rock magician of Brighton will be there, but rock is something different in the UK - a candy stick with the name written through the length!

Chezeday are you sure there is time out during Magic Live?
I think there is time on Tuesday evening. They have some sort of close-up show with different times to choose from. In years past there was the opening night gala with the dealers room. Two evening shows, one on Monday and Wednesday.

I've been to the event since it's inception and it's been a blast. Again it's sold-out but there is a waiting list for those who still are interested.

Let's not forget about going to the Abbott's Magic Get-Together. I'm performing this year .. reason enough to head out to the sleepy town of Colon Michigan.

Steve
The Grunge Rock magician of Seattle will be at the Penn & Teller show.
Now I'm even more upset that I can't make Magic Live. Dying to meet you Steve. I was there a few months ago and P&T hands down. Angel may not even have a show by then.
Really, I'm not that exciting ...

Steve
I've heard stories from Sperry.
Oh .. well that's different. We've had some crazy adventures. I forget some of the stuff we've done.

Maybe it's time for a book ...

Steve
Go to P&T.. Angel's show sucks... you think you'll enjoy seeing him suck, but it's a LONG two hours filled with frustrations and angry inner monologues in your head...

With P&T, you'll still have an inner monologue, but it will be... BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of that!
NO contest! P&T all the way!

See you at Magic Live!
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (May 22, 2009 10:28AM)
Yep, Penn and Teller. I think this would be money well-spent, even if Angel gives you comps. [Did I say that outloud?] Plenty of time to see Angel at other venues.
So Chezaday, what show did you finally see and how was it ?
As expected ... I never heard from Criss but, we did manage to get some half-price tickets for his show that night.

Of course with all the negative reviews about the show .. I had to see it with my own eyes, and lets just say I left dazed and confused. I'm still not sure what I saw .. really.

Earlier in the day I saw Nathan Burton's show at the Flamingo .. and I must say it was a very entertaining show, if not the best afternoon magic show in town.

Steve
You have to see them all, good or bad, to learn.
Steve... I did the same thing. I would have loved for you to see P&T just for the pure inspiration to the art, but sometimes we learn as much from the other side. It's sometimes a matter of studying history so as not to repeat it. Next time it's P&T, no excuses!
I saw P&T the night before the convention started. I went chiefly to see "The Red Ball", and it was all I hoped for and more. To add icing on the cake, they've significantly revised their show since I the last time I saw it last spring ('08). They've brought back a number of earlier pieces, and there were some pieces that like "The Red Ball" were new...or new to me.

It was a great show.
Don't get me wrong .. I've seen Penn & Teller many times and I love their work. I had to experience the Criss Angel show for myself.

I've seen enough magic the past month to last me a year. I'll still wind up going to Magi-Fest in February to get my fix ...

Steve