(Close Window)
Topic: Windows 7
Hey. This is pretty cool. My son wiped my hard drive last night and installed the free Windows 7. Not bad. Not bad at all!

Of course, it's too early to make a judgement.

He also put Linux on here, so I can toggle between the two to see which one I prefer.
I can't get the download to work.

The program asks me for my email address and password. I give them but it says one or both are incorrect.

I next go to the "Forget your password?" page, type in my email address and the 6 letter/digit security code thye display. I'm advised that my email address is incorrect or the security code I typed in is incorrect. AAAGRH!!!

I know my email address and my password and I certainly can read a 6 letter/digit security code and enter all the ablve information correctly.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and/or does anyone know of another download site other than this Microsoft site? Anyone know what might be causeing the problem or how to contact Microsoft and ask for help on the download?

Man, I get sooo tired of Microsoft and their beta testing "finished product" OSes.

Thnaks for any info.

Mike
My son says the only thing you can probably do is try and start a new account. All other options he can think of are probably screwed. (because you need the registration #)

I had this same kind of crap you are decribing happen with my paypal account, and gave up a long time ago. No wonder I hate paypal. I feel your frustration.
I assume that like previous versions of beta-windows, this will automatically turn itself off at some point when it goes on sale??

-JoeJoe
Yes. The beta version is good for about a year, then it won't work anymore, and you will be required to buy it or switch back to your previous OS.
One year is correct. I'm all-ready going back to my old OS, because the OS is quick to inform me that I need a new video card (read BIG BUCKS) for programs that played just fine before with my current video card. :cry: