(Close Window)
Topic: Taking WOW to the next level - A Miracle!
Hi All,
I wasn't sure where to put this, but it is a routine/method/HANDLING of WoW I came up with to take WoW to a whole new level - A ****EN Miracle. For all you mentalists, I know you guys are going to love this. This is just to SHARE the handling with all of you, magicians helping magicians.

Imagine making an open prediction with a word written on a card. The spectators choose a card writes a word on the card. Your prediction doesn't match.... with just a shake... You have yourself a MIRACLE.

Check it out here (not an explanation, but I am sure all of you can figure it out)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDpLeXkv2jk&feature=channel_page

I would like to thank Keith Barry for the wonderful idea/routine as well as Alex (BMWGuy) for collaborating with me on this.

Hope you guys like it and use this idea!

Chris
Looks real good. Although I do not have WOW, I would use that routine if I did.
[quote]
On 2009-05-25 21:45, slyhand wrote:
Looks real good. Although I do not have WOW, I would use that routine if I did.
[/quote]

Thanks, I know it might not appeal much to a card magician (ruins gimmick), but I think I am truly offering something SPECIAL to a mentalist.

Of course what a card magician could take away from this is duplicating a signature for an amazing Trasnposition
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 25, 2009 09:03PM)
Perhaps it would also serve to write the word on the face of the card during that initial display moment using the old dry dodge or being careful with the marker ;)
Ever since I saw Keith Barry perform REVEAL by ADAM TOPHAM on the Ellen show, I knew I hadto get those Flash cards, but instead the collaboration between Chris(Suxx88) and myself was a great one I may add, and you can do the same exact effect as Keith, using the WOW gimmick!

Thanks Chris

Alex
I came up with a really streamlined presentation for WOW. I don't even put a card inside the gimmick... I just present it as a miniature x-ray machine and make the card appear as I pass the gimmick over the pack, and disappear as I move it away.
I appreciate all the PM's here and on Youtube

Please feel free to use this routine and don't hesitate to ask questions like many of you have when deciding to write on the gimmick, it's a tricky process that needs to be thought through
True,

Writing on the gimmick is tricky, and you have to be careful.

I actually messed up once, and then tore my gimmick apart, piece by piece, reconstructed everything, redid everything, and know it works like a charm.

If I get gasps and people telling me my book test is one of the best things I do, imagine when I combine it with picking a card and it matches.

Nice!

Feel free to let Chris or myself know if you are having trouble.

Chris was the one who had the idea, then we collaborated, and the rest is history, I am sure this effect will rock everyones world!

Alex
If you don't want to mess up the WOW! gimmick :

Use a 5 of diamonds (or whatever card your gimmick uses) and a blank playing card. Place the blank card on top of the deck and the 5 of diamonds second from the top.

Do a DL showing a regular 5 of diamonds and place it into the gimmick, leaving the gimmick face up with the 5 of diamonds in view. When you are ready to show your prediction engage the gimmick and shake the gimmick to reveal the word you wrote on the blank card.

Best,
Great idea, I'm really into open predictions right now, so this is right up my street!

The most abstract, unique and incredible use of the WOW gimmick that I've seen, was done by Jonathan Kamm and can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_neQyDgBqA

If your like me then I'm guessing you watched that video about 5 times? Amazing right?

Anyway, someone by the name of Yee Chung found inspiration from Jonathon Kamms video and came up with a workable routine for this idea. And can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZJ6cJeCEN4

Hope you enjoyed these videos guys,

Cheers,

Lloyd
Message: Posted by: Your Thinking Cap (May 26, 2009 05:53AM)
Jonathan Kamm also has another nice routine using the wow gimmick.

hashttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhXh4gYBUTk&feature=channel
Those were some great ideas for WOW. YTC: that link wouldn't work for me. -J.R.
J.Robert, This link will work. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhXh4gYBUTk&feature=channel

:xmas:
These were some great uses for the wow gimmick.
Wow!

Pun intended ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaMpFHzXic0&feature=channel_page

just my routine for it
Some great thinking going on. Love it.
Do you have the Keith Barry link where we can watch his trick ?
Message: Posted by: Your Thinking Cap (May 26, 2009 03:07PM)
[quote]
On 2009-05-26 08:45, Ustaad wrote:
J.Robert, This link will work. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhXh4gYBUTk&feature=channel

[/quote]

Thank you for posting the correct link :)
[quote]
On 2009-05-26 15:48, parmenion wrote:
Do you have the Keith Barry link where we can watch his trick ?
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZCloI0LJQ
this is not ellen, but on ellen, hard to find clip... he uses a dictionary to get her to choose a card.

I have reason to believe a dictionary is also used in this routine but edited out
Thanks for sharing these great ideas guys.
I wouldn't want to ruin my gimmick by writing on it.

Any better ideas guys?
[quote]
On 2009-05-26 20:55, Andi Peters wrote:
I wouldn't want to ruin my gimmick by writing on it.

Any better ideas guys?
[/quote]

hardly ruining to achieve a very strong effect
and of course buy another like me

again this doesn't appeal to all, I am just sharing an idea
When WOW! first came out, there were what?... 40+ pages of posts on this trick?
Lots of good ideas, but right here, I think we have several new ones.

Personally, I still think the very best use of WOW! is the appearing signature on the 6H. Jonathan Kamm's routine is excellent, although I'm not sure that using two decks adds to the effect that much. The star of the show is the appearing signature. Great routine, though.

Robert
I don't own the gimmick but do know the workings of it and I obviously haven't played around with the gimmick to know if this will work but try using a black fine tip dry erase marker and if that works then you won't have to ruin your gimmicks and it can wipe off
Jordan,

It will work, the word I chose to write was Tele, like television, if you notice it is letters that have a straight line to them, its easier that way.

you can use a dry erase, but I made mine permanent with a permanent ultra fine tip sharpie, and all it needs is small dot.

you don't need to cover the whole square.

It works like a charm!

Alex
[quote]
On 2009-05-27 09:04, jordanjohnson wrote:
I don't own the gimmick but do know the workings of it and I obviously haven't played around with the gimmick to know if this will work but try using a black fine tip dry erase marker and if that works then you won't have to ruin your gimmicks and it can wipe off
[/quote]

Alex and I tried it with dry erase as trial and errors, works fine, but it's difficult to find a ULTRA FINE TIP dry erase because you aren't suppose to write in the word but more color in certain squares
Gives you a whole new way to do the WOW miracle!

You need to color in the grey squares and red squares!

I have the 6 of hearts for my gimmick.

Its important, you don't need to color in the whole square, a big dot works fine as well.

alex
If you write over permanent marker (sharpie) with a dry erase marker (expo 2) it erases the permenent marker. try it with a sharpie and a expo 2 dry erase marker.
[quote]
On 2009-05-29 04:46, ryan8406 wrote:
If you write over permanent marker (sharpie) with a dry erase marker (expo 2) it erases the permenent marker. try it with a sharpie and a expo 2 dry erase marker.
[/quote]

I gave it try and it . . . . WORKS! :)

Nice find. Thank you for sharing.