(Close Window)
Topic: Baseball
I went to see my cardinals play the giants the other day (in SF, cards lost), and I noticed that neither team included the first baseman in their version of around the horn. First the giants left him out, and I though that was odd, then the cards left him out also. It went catcher, third,ss, second and pitcher (second and ss might have changed). Any idea as to why this is? Other teams doing it?
It's some kind of national league perversion. It's twisted and sick.

Whaddya expect?
I knew I would hear from you... However, we all know it is the AL that is the inferior league. Pitchers don't hit, big strike zone. wimps.

cant we just get along-our teams names are both birds!
[quote]
On 2009-06-04 13:27, kcg5 wrote:
cant we just get along....
[/quote]

Well, I guess so. It's baseball, after all. Nothing greater ever came out of America (except the Constitution).
Remember...no one actually care about the National League.
Al=xbox

NL=ps3

ergo, NL far superior.
AL= ANGELS

nl= Who Cares!

AL= ALLSTAR LEAGUE

GO ANGELS!!!!!
NL has more substance.

Hey Big Jeff, my pal, a magician, is an Angel lunatic....what is it with those Angels and magicians?
I guessing no one got my jab except mike...
This season is a bit of a snoozer so far.
I thought with the new yankee stadium there'd be more buzz...
The real answer to your question is that with Giant pitching (and I'm a Giants fan) most runners go beyond first base to at least second so there is no need for the first baseman to be able to catch or throw.
Yes, but in around the horn, there are no runners on base. I feel your pain about being a giants fan.
That is a great ball park though....
Let's go Mets!

New York all the way baby!

Who cares what league, I just like to see a good well played game where one team beats the other by playing better. Not because a player klutzed up.
The Mets are my other team....
DH rule is for weenies, so I prefer the NL. However, there are players and teams I like in both leagues (though the Mets and the Reds are my primary teams).

In other news, anyone catch the strangest line I've ever seen for a pitcher today... don'trelle Willis... 2 1/3 innings pitched, 0 hits allowed, 5 earned runs.
Lol Dude you are wrong

AL = PS3 with the cool XBox games
NL = Sega
Who even CARES about major league baseball anymore? Give me minor league ball or college ball any day!
I could be wrong, But I believe the answer to your question Mr. Clinton is 95% of ALL baseball fans.
I was going to mention the Royals, but then I remembered that the Royals don't play baseball. It's some kind of odd game that kind of resembles baseball, but baseball it's not.
Well, the best thing you can say about my team these days is that they currently have the highest winning percentage of all the other teams in the cellar of their divisions.