(Close Window)
Topic: Jokes are great and all, But....
I have noticed a trend recently here on the Café.

Someone posts a topic.

A few posts later someone uses wordplay to make a light-hearted joke. Everyone gets a kick out of it, and all is well.

[b]But then[/b],

only a few posts later, [b]is the exact same wordplay[/b] posted by another member.

Why is this??

Do people not even read posts? Do they just read the topic, post a thought, and dart away to repost puns and jokes on other threads????

This happens with posted links too.

Perhaps someone has some insight?

(Cue the wordplaygerism)
Jordini, around here people often don't read the posts. It's not just wordplay, it's just about any point that one might make. And it's not always on page 5 or 10, but sometimes two posts down.

Strange phenomenon, actually. People post in Internet forums without actually reading them. Kind of like flashing or something: the point is only to expose oneself and one's cleverness, but instead one only reveals one's shortcomings.
[quote]
On 2009-06-06 01:09, Jordini wrote:
I have noticed a trend recently here on the Café.

Someone posts a topic.

A few posts later someone uses wordplay to make a light hearted joke. Everyone gets a kick out of it, and all is well.

BUT THEN

only a few posts later, [b]is the exact same wordplay[/b] posted by another member.

Why is this??

Do people not even read posts? Do they just read the topic, post a thought, and dart away to repost puns and jokes on other threads????

This happens with posted links too.

Perhaps someone has some insight?

(Cue the wordplaygerism)
[/quote]

It's wordplaygerism, I tells ya!
Encouraging dolts and churls to speak does seem to manage most risks inherent in having a freedom of speech.

"Why yes dear child not only do you have a right to an opinion but also a civic duty to make sure everyone else knows that you are right and to argue with them until they see the light."
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jun 6, 2009 10:00AM)
I read the title of this thread and had to post. I disagree with you, that we should never joke.
I didn't read the title of this thread and posted voluntarily. I joke with you that we should never disagree.

John
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jun 6, 2009 11:35AM)
John, I have a term for your last post. I call it..."wordplaygerism". :lol:

But seriously...

I tell my daughter, that she not only has a right to an opinion but also a duty to ensure everyone else knows that she is right and to stand up for herself until they see that she is right.

"Encouraging dolts and churls to speak does seem to manage most risks inherent in having a freedom of speech."
-Jonathan Townsend
It's Gaddy's fault!!! He has his Café CENSORED from being exposed to some posters so he doesn't know what they already posted in the thread. It's all Gaddy and a San Franmessco conspiricy.

And for you to completely want to BAN ALL jokes and humor is ridiculous! Wait till Josh Superfluous gets here and posts!! He'll have someting to say!
What really gets me is when someone posts a topic and then a few posts later someone uses wordplay to make a light-hearted joke. Everyone gets a kick out of it, and all is well.

[b]And then[/b],

only a few posts later, [b]you see the exact same wordplay[/b] posted by another member.

Why is that??
"I can lick you!"--Tom Sawyer
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jun 7, 2009 08:29PM)
[quote]
On 2009-06-07 19:16, Josh Riel wrote:
What really gets me is when someone posts a topic and then a few posts later someone uses wordplay to make a light-hearted joke. Everyone gets a kick out of it, and all is well.

[b]And then[/b],

only a few posts later, [b]you see the exact same wordplay[/b] posted by another member.

Why is that??
[/quote]
It's called... Wordplaygerism! :rotf:

Higley hates that. I should send him a link to this thread.
I had to post
I disagree with you, that we should never joke.

And I read the title of this thread.
If I can throw this out there:
Some of the topics get pretty big and I know that with my schedule (full time student with a lab tech job to boot) I sometimes only have time to skim the posts in a huge topic to get the gist of the convo. I don't know if others have this problem too, but it might help to explain some of it.
Last time I'm checking this thread. With out Josh it is just superfluous and a time waster. Guess he's bycotting again.

[b]And then[/b],

only a few posts later, you see the exact same wordplay posted by another member.

Why is that??
[img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1006/1236061686346cp5.jpg[/img]
Cool? Try Stupid. Superfluous punkishness.
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jun 26, 2009 07:57PM)
If someone repeats a pun, Because they didn't read the thread, it should be called "wordplaygerism". :rotf:
Lol, Josh. Wordplaygerism. Love it. BTW was Higley banned or something? Haven't seen him in a while.
[quote]
On 2009-06-26 22:19, landmark wrote:
BTW was Higley banned or something? Haven't seen him in a while.
[/quote]
I dunno. Someone posted something about Oldman dying. Let's hope it wasn't him.
Warren Douglas did it.
[quote]
On 2009-06-12 01:29, Josh Riel wrote:
[img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1006/1236061686346cp5.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Those guys are copying [b]Rudy Coby![/b]
Joshdini swallowed his Ouija Board and now only speaks in Planchette...which can't spell worth a chit.
I want to start a new thread. Am I in the right spot???
Whooz all them womin?