(Close Window)
Topic: I hate computers!
I received my new computer and it runs vista. When trying to play some games I get sysdump.txt and it is irritating me. I've downloaded drivers etc but am not sure if I'm closing McAfee down right, which could be a problem. Any advice out there? The info I looked up on line didn't help any.
Get rid of McAfee and don't bother with Norton either!

Okay, I say that based solely on what my computer savvy kids tell me! My son set up my latest laptop and he got rid of the majority of the "Idiot Proof" extras of Vista! The anti virus I run is AVG and it's free!

MMc
A google search of "sysdump.txt error" turned up quite a few people with the same problem. Maybe their solutions will help you as well.
Oh, Santa, the life you live. You need to find an agent, to get MTV or Fox interested in doing a reality show about your misadventures, with computers, your dogs / pups, your unwanted boarder, etc.

I'd watch.

H. E. Double Hockey Sticks, I might even stalk.
Can't do a reality show, my wife would make everyone have pitty for me.
Santa,

Delta Force?
Vista's a pain, and I'll bet those who can't resist the siren call of Windows 7 will be in for a big surprise (until clever hackers figure out workarounds for all the new OS won't let you do).

Yeah, AVG free version works just fine for me, and none of the "protecting you from malware by being worse malware" of McAffee.
I am so glad I have a mac, and never have to worry about whatever it is you guys are talking about. I turn it on, it works. No problem, ever.
You're problem can be easily fixed [url=http://www.apple.com/mac/]Here.[/url]
Agreed.
Nosher, yes. I got Delta Force 2 to work but I'm having problems with the black hawk down and team sabre. thanks for the help (assuming when I click on Jordini's thingy it will help).
Santa don't listen to the Macsnobs.

sysdump.txt is a file where error messages are saved. If you are a registered user of the games that are causing the error, what you should do is email the tech support for the game and attach the sysdump.txt file so that they can tell you what the problem is, and maybe even fix it for you.

Good luck.

John
Thank you!
Your problem can be easily fixed [url=http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1274447&cp=&fbc=1&f=Taxonomy%2FACE%2F1260315&kw=sledgehammer&lmdn=Category&fbn=Taxonomy%7CMauls&parentPage=search&searchId=38800305443]HERE[/url] and you'll feel so much better afterwards.
I'm not sure what the tech were thinking when they designed Vista but they should be shot. Pop up reminders that we don't need, mixed account emails, (I fixed this one after a 2 1/2 phone call to Dell)and a search function that leaves a lot to be desired to name a few problems.

Does anyone out there know how to delete specific cookies using Vista? With XP, you could click on search, type in the names of specific cookies and delete only those. Seems like with Vista, you can't pick which ones to delete. It's an all or nothing function.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jun 10, 2009 02:56PM)
Cookie crumbs and worse? try Ccleaner - easily available online for free and well behaved too.

http://www.ccleaner.com
I'll second CCleaner!

MMc
[quote]
On 2009-06-09 13:46, Jordini wrote:
You're problem can be easily fixed [url=http://www.apple.com/mac/]Here.[/url]
[/quote]

Yep... that's why about 7% of all computers sold IN THE WORLD are Macs.

Yes... that's SEVEN percent.
Yeah, your games will run PERFECTLY on a mac...
So Santa, any progress?

John
Nope. It is kind of odd too. There are five different games on the CD I loaded with (or DVD, whatever) and three of them work but the two better games, the ones I actually wanted, still come up with the sysdump.txt. Everyone on line has different angles as to why and how to resolve it but none work.
Have you tried contacting the makers of the games? Even if they give you different answers, if 2 or 3 give you the similar answers, that's bound to be your best shot.
I mentioned this to my kid and he said he had a problem of this nature and it turned out to be a faulty video card in the computer itself!
The Exasperation that MagicSanta suffers with the computer is the reason why I got rid of my computer and now instead use ONLY the computer at the public library for the internet. But now even at the library I just yesterday was suddenly Unable to log into my email account. And before you say it, yes, I checked for any misspellings or capitals-lock. And even though I know my correct password, the librarian advised me to click on the button "Forgotten your password". When I expressed my fear that maybe a Hacker had hacked into my account and changed the password, the librarian said that by using "Forgotten your password" button will enable me to get the Changed password which was changed by the possible hacker. But when I tried that, my re-application kept blanking out. Can any of you gentlemen help?