(Close Window)
Topic: ...iPhone 3G S
Anyone planning on upgrading to the new iPhone 3G S? I'm wondering if any developers will take advantage of the compass and faster processor speed to deliver richer cellular gaming on the handset.

What are your favorite iPhone "illusions"?

Best,
I just bought an iphone 3g two weeks ago. My local store is going to upgrade me for a 10% restocking fee! Woot!
JTW, congrats! Apple's usually pretty good about upgrading for recent purchasers. Even so, I usually recommend to anyone buying Apple hardware that they should search the internet for the terms "Apple", "Keynote" and the year, just to see if anything is about to be released.

[quote]
On 2009-06-11 09:44, Doug Lippert wrote:
Anyone planning on upgrading to the new iPhone 3G S? I'm wondering if any developers will take advantage of the compass and faster processor speed to deliver richer cellular gaming on the handset.

What are your favorite iPhone "illusions"?

Best,
[/quote]

Funny you should ask about favorite iPhone illusions. [url=http://headinside.blogspot.com/2009/06/iphone-and-ipod-amazement.html]Here are my favorites.[/url] (I started writing that blog post days ago, but the timing now makes it seem like I did so just in response to your question.)

I'll guess I'll keep an eye on this post, and add favorites I missed to that list.
I only upgraded to 3G about 5 months ago. I think I'll skip this one.
Can an iPhone 3G user upgrade to the 3G S and still keep their old iPhone? Or does this mean everybody has to go out and buy a new iPhone if they want the 3G S software?
Word on the street is that they're retailing for around $100.
Great phone. Lousy service provider (AT&T)
[quote]
On 2009-06-12 10:42, M. Perk wrote:
[/quote]

What's lousy about the service?
It appears that most of the hottest features will come with the 3.0 software upgrade for the 3G anyway.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/

The other features are nice, but I'm not sure they're worth upgrading for. I'd expect a fully pimped iPhone in another 12-18 months. Probably worth waiting for that, particularly if your current one is only 12 months old. Do you get locked into contracts in the US like we do here in Oz?

Cheers,

Chris
[quote]
On 2009-06-13 00:04, Guerrilla Magic wrote:
Do you get locked into contracts in the US like we do here in Oz?
[/quote]

Yes, if you want the discount on the phone. Usually it's a 2 year contract.
I'll be switching from the hell that is Sprint for this new phone. I've done my research and am only worried about the actual phone service, as AT&T doesn't have the best reputation for that.
I don't like mobile phones I have not had one for about ten years or more.
At&t is #1 in the US and 3rd worldwide. They have the largest voice and data network in the US as well as more subscribers than anyone else in the states. There reputation has long ago been repaired. Oh, and it works fine in Hilton Head too.
[quote]
On 2009-06-12 10:42, M. Perk wrote:
[/quote]
A lot of the reception problem has to do with the quality of the phone being used. My iPhone works great in many areas compared to my friends phone who also has AT&T, but it's a cheaper phone.
Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
My 3G works perfectly, and there is no reason to upgrade to the 3GS. However, my friend who has a 1st gen is upgrading.
I don't think I'll be getting this. I've already lost three relatively cheap phones, I'm certainly not trusting myself with something expensive!
In the UK the last upgrade was free as long as you took out another 18 month contract, however to get this latest upgrade they want you to pay up the remainder of your contract and a charge for the phone as well.
AT&T caved toassuve pressure. If you can upgrade in the next several months you can get it today foer the cheap price. Google it for more info. Finally AT&T listens to customers......, You don't think iPhones are that cool untill you get one.. But they are the hottest thing since sliced bread.
Now it's called the iPhone 3GS.
[quote]
On 2009-06-19 10:08, kcg5 wrote:
AT&T caved toassuve pressure. If you can upgrade in the next several months you can get it today foer the cheap price. Google it for more info. Finally AT&T listens to customers......, You don't think iPhones are that cool untill you get one.. But they are the hottest thing since sliced bread.
[/quote]

Do you have to have an Iphone already? I don't, and don't want to pay $299.00 to do so in order to keep my numbers. I am eligible for early upgrade in July, and regular upgrade in 6 months. I was told that I am not eligible due to the restrictions. So for me to get an Iphone, it's either wait 6 months in order to keep my number and cheap price, or change the number.(don't want to)

Kelly
Just what the world needs, something even MORE distracting while driving! I passed a woman on the Freeway today going 75MPH while watching a video on her IPhone! (I passed her because she was all over the place and I didn't want to be in the wake of her carnage)!
[quote]
On 2009-06-26 08:07, poofersmagic wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-06-19 10:08, kcg5 wrote:
[/quote]

Do you have to have an Iphone already? I don't, and don't want to pay $299.00 to do so in order to keep my numbers. I am eligible for early upgrade in July, and regular upgrade in 6 months. I was told that I am not eligible due to the restrictions. So for me to get an Iphone, it's either wait 6 months in order to keep my number and cheap price, or change the number.(don't want to)

Kelly
[/quote]

You don't need to have one already, you have to buy one. for the normal person, I would think the 8g is a fine size and its about 150 less than the 16g
[quote]
On 2009-06-26 21:17, MickeyPainless wrote: ...I passed a woman on the Freeway today going 75MPH while watching a video on her IPhone! ....[/quote]
That's crazy, I could never do that. Itís hard enough putting on my make-up while I drive :)

Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
I've always had AT&T for cell phone service, and it has been pretty reliable. There have been some dropped calls here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary. The iPhone is great! I got mine in January of this past year after having had the KRZR model for a couple years. The iPhone does so many things: it's a GPS, a diet coach, an exercise coach, a tutor, a personal secretary, a doctor, and the list goes on and on and on.....