(Close Window)
Topic: New convention for children's entertainers in Washington DC
Hello. I just wanted to add that Washington DC has started up it's own convention for children's entertainers, Kapital Kidvention. It is January 27th thru 29th, 2010 and already has an impressive line up of lectures, Julian Franklin, Jim Snack, Chris Capehart, Time Sonefelt, Barry Mitchell and more to come. Check it out!

http://www.KapitalKidvention.com
Isn't that the same line up as Kidabra? Surely there are more children's entertainers in this country than the Kidabra line up has to offer.
My thoughts exactly Al
These performers are the best at what they do. In addition there will be more than these speakers there, there are already a couple others listed at the web site. These guys are master performers, why not continue to learn from them with their new lectures?
The best at what they do??? I'm sure they are all fine people, capable performers and decent lecturers, but the best? That's being a little hyperbolic isn't it? Anyway, good luck with your endeavour.
So if there are only about a half dozen performers that can speak for all children's entertainment in this country you must find entertainers from other countries. Where's Roger?
KIDabra focuses almost exclusively on kidshow magicians and edutainment. While they occasionally touch on the other specialties, it's rarely with much depth or detail. That works for KIDabra and works exceedingly well. Still, I've often heard clowns, jugglers, vents, family comedians and balloon artists state that they felt somewhat outside of the KIDabra experience.

You might consider targeting your approach to that market - the kidshow artists who are searching for advanced professional study platforms in genre other than magic. THe key phrase here is "Advanced Professional Study." Don't let this become another mindless "blah-blah convention." Set your sites on a "Post-Graduate Program in Diverse Family Entertainment."

I also agree that you should look outside of the normal KIDabra line-up. Many of us will be spending a week with these same fellas, hearing the same lectures and shopping the same dealer's room in August. These guys rock and are great at what they do and offer, but they are not the only ones. There are some very gifted and noteworthy family performers in the "fringe" specialties that are going completely overlooked. Names like David Barlett, Jolly Roger, Mark Wade, Margaret Clauder, Leon McBride, Dave Andrews, Angel Ocasio, Papachico, Robert Blake and even Al Angelo come immediately to mind.

For example, a remarkably resourceful fellow by the name of Jeff Potts has just started a fantastic kid fitness edutainment program using a bit of magic, clowning and music that is taking Ohio schools, YMCA's and healthclubs by storm! There is so much out there beneath the surface that you don't need to become a KIDabra clone. Think about it.

If I didn't have my pro Roundtable gathering scheduled for that week in Charleston, SC, I'd certainly be there. Drat! Good luck with this, Rook.
This convention is for all children's entertainers, not just magicians. There will be face painting lectures, balloon lectures and general session lectures for everyone. In addition, the magician lectures have already said they will be bringing new lectures. I would not a Kidabra clone either and this Kidvention will not be. Also, there will be lesser known performers lecturing during the Kidvention and they look forward to bringing something brand new to the magic community.
Rook
What a pity you did not include juggling at your convention.
I've never been to a KIDabra convention.

While I can't speak with absolute certainty on this, it is my understanding that only Barry Mitchell, Tim Sonefelt, and Julian Franklin would be considered KIDabra regulars.

Jim Snack and Chris Capehart have spoken there, but only once or twice as special guest lecturers. They would not be considered "regulars".

I'm not sure whether Louis Meyer or Shonna & Dustin Flanigan have ever lectured at KIDabra.

So, I wouldn't necessarily consider it the same line-up as KIDabra.

I would pay to hear Mark Wade or Jolly Roger do a lecture.

- Donald
Donald
There are thousands of accomplished childrens magicians in our two countries, which is why I feel that there is little call for Kidabra east. The law of deminishing returns is about to kick in here.
The lectures planned so far are only the beginning. There are some in the mix right now that I am working with and could be announced soon.
The way I see it, for $99 (registration) you get 2 1/2 days in our Nation's Capital, get to hang out with fellow entertainers, see some great lectures, and end with a show in front of children to see what you have learned in action. I am always trying to continue my education of magic and performance and for just $99 I am sure to learn a thing or two AND have fun while doing it. Not to mention, a tax write off.

P.S. Al, do you want to come and teach juggling? I would be happy to add juggling to the line up.
Rook
PM me.
You might want to consider adding ventriloquism to the line up. Vent is hot right now and as a full time family ventriloquist, I know of a lot of kids entertainers adding vent to their repertoire.
Thanks Neale, I am working on it. I will let you know when it happens.
Neale my friend
I like the way you sieze the oportunity. LOL
[quote]
On 2009-06-14 13:33, Neale Bacon wrote:
You might want to consider adding ventriloquism to the line up. Vent is hot right now and as a full time family ventriloquist, I know of a lot of kids entertainers adding vent to their repertoire.
[/quote]

And please emphasise the importance of learning vent and not relying on pre-recorded scripts.
Al..you strike while the iron is hot. I would be more than happy to come as a lecturer for them.

Quentin - that's part of what I would teach.
Good News! New Lectures! Just signed on to Kapital Kidvention!

Jolly Roger!
Mark Wade!

See, it just gets better every day!

Sounds great! Jolly Roger has a lot to contribute. Neale you have one of the best in Mark Wade there for puppets.

Ken
Sounds fun!

Why don't you see if Mark McLewis is available. Some consider him the finest kids magician in Canada!

Best,
James
I was excited to see this as I won't be able to make Kidabra in August. It's good to see another big event for us children's performers, options are always good!

Thanks for organizing it!
Just added!

Tommy Johns!

Tommy is going to teach a method of making more money in the summer!

I love Kidabra but have not been able to get there since 2001 for 2 reasons:

1. It is held in the summer in the middle of my busiest season.
2. It is a 14 hour drive.

The Kapital Kidvention will be held at slow time for me and is only 3 hours away.

This sounds terrific! Me and my wife, the face painter, will be there!
James,

I think you mean *********. (Hehehe, I get it, even his name is banned here on the Café! I typed it and it comes up *********** heheheheheheheheeh!!!!!) And (in his mind) he is definitely the best! ;)

Actually,there are a number of fine children's entertainers in Canada. Some perhaps even better than he who shall remain unnamed.
Hey, I agree. There’s nothing like controversy to get publicity for a new convention! It may turn out to be a once in a life time event.

Seriously, I'd like to see ******* lecture.
This whole thread is about to disappear because James has mentioned the unmentionable one. You can't fool me James by simply mis spelling HIS name.
I got on the vent band wagon, back in the mid 70's. It is great to have Vent in the public's eye. Though I am not an accomplished juggler like Al, I do see it as a great art/entertainment form.

Though some use exclusively magic, I find many forms of entertainment make for greater responses of my Doctor of Laughology Programs.

Harris
putting the heart back into laughter
deutsch
Mark Wade will be a great addition to the convention. Now if you need a ventriloquist next year.....
As a personal favour, I offer the following. I must say that I have not actually been able to view it myself yet (cursed dial up), so all of you will have the pleasure first since I have been assured it is quite wonderful.

I sincerely hope you all enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PB3wQz-Md4&feature=PlayList&p=E97523FBBF5FACF9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=12
I loved it back in 2003 when the big I.B.M. convention was in my backyard.(well 15 miles away in Kansas City..hint hint.) I could go to many of the events while continuing my area programs.

Harris
Laughologist and Nearly Normal Ventriloquist
I want to congratulate my IBM Ring 50 colleague (and our able president) who is organizing this. It seems to be well thought out; broader than Kidabra, six months later and at a venue much closer for those in the populous Mid-Atlantic area. While it might be beneficial to get some "new blood" as performers and lecturers (I've only been back in magic short of three years but already been a little frustrated that "all roads lead to the same five kid show performers" but also realize it's a rarefied little world . . . A couple of the DC area's best talents will no doubt be integrated into the program, and hopefully some others besides "the usual suspects" - although the usual suspects do a great job and also market some very creative tricks . . .)
With the exception of Roger, and Chris everybody else in the line up is samo lamo
I wonder what line up Al would like to see? He has never been to a kidabra. LOL

Al offer some suggestions of other performers who "lecture" at conferences. Yes there are "TONS" of performers who are great BUT DO NOT lecture. Look at kidabra for ex. they are bringing in KIMMO.

Ken
I go to a convention to see great acts, not marketing guru's
Al if you just want to see a performers act then go to MAGIC live, IBM, MAES. But not for nothing but I think you do kids stuff??? And everyone needs to know marketing. I for one can't wait to see KIMMO(GREAT ACT). Hey to each their own.

Ken
Ken
I only go to conventions that feature great performers. Who said Kimmo would be in Washington?
He will be at Kidabra.
Al love ya man!!
Ken
You had me ready to buy a ticket to go to Washington to see Roger, Chris, Kimmo, and Mr McLewis.

I posted a birthday message to you at the secret forum last month.
Let's draft Al and also Ken Scott.
I would love to see Potty the Pirate or Tricky Ricky. Any chance of getting any of these performers at the DC Kidvention?
Mumblemore
If Louis booked Tricky Ricky I would be compeled to attend. Ricky doesn't believe in marketing because he is too busy working to bother with such non sence.
Maybe it is always the same performers asked because they (organizers) are scared to take a chance on a "new" lecturer/performer even if that person has over 30 years experience (for example).

People won't go to conventions if they don't recognize the headliners. Sad but true and that is why the headliners never change.

I haven't been to Kidabra. I am speaking in gerneral terms of conventions.

If people don't know the name, they don't register.

Therefor there are tons of great perfomers out there who could be lecturing but organizers won't take the chance.
If I can offer a different way of looking at that Neale, I would suggest it is also something to do with the type of audiences a magicain/vent prefer to work for.

There are some performers who prefer to work for other magicians. They may, or may not, be a particularly exceptional performer, but they feel comfortable in front of other performers. Often, they have something to market like a prop, routine, or lecture notes etc... or sometimes, they have won a talent contest at a convention. In fact, these reasons are often why they were invited in the first place to lecture/perform. They may then eventually become known as lecturing/convention magician and you will see them, sometimes over and over, working the circuit. It doesn't mean that they are or are not good at what they're doing necessarily, only that the organizers feel comfortable with hiring them.

On the other hand, a lot of working magicians absolutely refuse to work for an audience of magicians. These veterans have years of experience and great advice and lessons to share. But, they just won't. What they have to offer is just as valid, but they prefer to work for laymen. Magicians can be very cruel to a performer and the effort just isn't worth it to some to try and entertain them. That, and the fact that anything you do, whether you sell it or not, or give permission to perform it or not, will begin to appear in a large percentage of the audience's own routines should what you offer be any good.

Both points of view are valid.

So, if you want to join the lecture/convention circuit, the best way in is to win a talent contest at a convention, write a book or put out a product or line of products to become known.
Rob
I do not go to conventions to hear a lecture from a guy who writes books. I go to a convention to see great performers. If you hire lecturer who BS his way through you will not see me in attendance at that clown's lecture. Now I realize that you make your money at conventions by selling lecture notes, but if you can't knock my socks off with your performance I'll not spend a dime on your silly notes. Surely we can have a kids magic convention without having to round up the usual suspects. It is time to think ourside of the box.
Any conference will have it's regulars based on the focus of the group. KIDabra has hosted the likes of David Ginn, Steve Taylor, Terry Parrett, Terry Evanswood, David Bartlett, Sammy Smith, Warren Stephens, Chris Capehart, Emanuel Shaboom, Julian Franklin, Trevor Lewis, Mark Wade, Stan Allen, Terry Herbert, Doug Scheer and many more as headliners with great success. This year, they're featuring Max Howard and Mark Wade. KIDabra is constantly injecting fresh ideas and styles with the hyper creative talent of their "regulars."

The "regulars" that return year after year are the backbone support team that work with Mark & Tami through the year to make each KIDabra better than the last. Without Mark & Tami's dynamic leadership and their support team, there would be no KIDabra. A foundation like that takes time and a lot of trials to build.

If Louis creates a conference with a fresh approach for professional kidshow artists, I'll be the first in line to support him. However, if it follows the example of the countless clown clone conventions and morphs into a KIDabra clone, I'll stick with the original. Be original, Louis. Give us something to really look forward to.

Best of luck.
Thanks Skip. I totally agree with you. I love Kidabra and we don't need two of them a year. This Kidvention is more for ALL children's entertainers. Take a look at a typical day:

General Lecture for all entertainers: All people listen and learn about a topic that works for everyone.

Then after that we split up into different rooms and go learn about our particular skill. Face painters go see a lecture on Monster Faces, Balloon People to Advanced Balloons, Vents to theirs, Magicians to their room, etc.
Now you will spend the afternoon learning more about your own craft.

After dinner we all get back together for another General Lecture.

Then everyone shows off what they have learned that day in the Nightly Jam Session.

I have spoken with each individual performer/lecturer and have asked them to each bring something that has not or will not be done at Kidabra.

This way, Kidabra and Kapital Kidvention compliment each other.

Louis

PS I am all for bringing on new talent and letting them present. I am doing that already in this Kidvention. I do have people that none of you have heard from before lecturing. I will continue to do so. This year I did also want to have solid presenters, because it's the first one, of many.
Hey Al,

I hear ya.

Pat and I would love to get to more conventions, but we often seem to be working when they are on.

The ones we have managed to get to, we generally enjoy. Some of the lectures are better than others. Some are just sales pitches, but even that's ok if what they're selling is interesting.

My point was just to say that some like to perform for performers, and some don't and that doesn't have to reflect on the talent of either.
And Ill be there....... so there!
DC's Top Kids show entertainers have all lined up to attend.
Michael
Kapital Kidvention has already helped someone! Check out the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJkBT_X0ucA

See you in DC!

Louis Meyer
Sorry, video has been disabled. Will let you know when it is functional again.

Louis
New Lecture just added!!

James Munton!

Louis Meyer
Another good choice!

- Donald
Thanks, Donald. I'm thrilled to be part of the fun! I'm also looking forward to seeing all my old friends in Washington, DC!

I had a long conversation with Louis last night. It is obvious he is putting a lot of effort into making this a fantastic conference. Everything he is doing is with the sincere desire to make this as good as it can be for the attendees. It is great to see kidshow performers getting the attention they deserve.

Best,
James
More news added to the web site. Go to Lecture Page and check out the line up! Also, by reading the BIOs you will see a little of what each presenter will be talking about. Just added clown lectures and face painting.

Louis Meyer
[quote]
On 2009-06-19 08:38, rookrulz wrote:
More news added to the web site. Go to Lecture Page and check out the line up! Also, by reading the BIOs you will see a little of what each presenter will be talking about. Just added clown lectures and face painting.

Louis Meyer

Hi Louis I just sent you a private message.
Arnie
Now that I have added clown of the year "Bunky the Clown" to the line up now I just have to finish up the face painting lectures. I look forward to meeting some of you at the Kidvention. Thank to those who have signed up already!

Louis Meyer
Announcing to Magic Café.....Arthur Stead will be presenting at Kapital Kidvention. Arthur will present a power-packed lecture on how to use music effectively for magicians! And he also will be a dealer and will be bringing is royalty free CDs
http://www.arthurstead.com/

Louis Meyer
Just looked at the line-up for this Capital Convention:

[list]
[*] [b]Arthur Stead:[/b] Music and Your Performance[b]*[/b]
[*] [b]Bob "Bunky the Clown" Gretton:[/b] Clown of the Year
[*] [b]Shonna and Dustin Flanigan:[/b] Award Winning Balloon Artists
[*] [b]James Munton:[/b] Booked Solid Magician
[*] [b]Mark Wade:[/b] Master Ventriloquist[b]*[/b]
[*] [b]Jolly Roger:[/b] English Funnyman[b]*[/b]
[*] [b]Tommy Johns:[/b] Master of New Ideas[b]*[/b]
[*] [b]Julian Franklin:[/b] Speaker Extraordinaire[b]*[/b]
[*] [b]Barry Mitchell:[/b] Magician and Inventor[b]*[/b]
[*] [b]Tim Sonefelt:[/b] Magician and Inventor[b]*[/b]
[*] [b]Chris Capehart:[/b] Magician and All Around Funny Man[b]*[/b]
[*] [b]Jim Snack:[/b] Motivational Speaker[b]*[/b]
[/list]
[b]*[/b] Attended, Lectured, or is Involved with KIDabra's Success

Obviously, this convention should be a success because many of the lectures have lectured at KIDabra more than once.

Mentioned here, in this thread is a need for a convention for other than children magicians, they should include balloons, clowns, face painting, etc. It should be pointed out that Funarama http://www.martinismagic.com has had a convention of this sort in July for this group for years.

From my experience, KIDabra has a Balloon Jam every year, Face-Painters are having a blast at Ken Scott's Midnight Jam, numerous Clowns or Clowning is around but not a big item (There are quite a few clown conventions)

For Vents there is: [url=http://www.venthaven.com/][b]Vent Haven[/b][/url]

For Children and Family Entertainers there is: [url=http://www.kidabra.org][b]KIDabra International[/b][/url]

For Clowns there is: [url=http://www.coai.org/][b]Clowns of America International[/b][/url]

For General Magic there is: [url=http://www.magicsam.com/][b]SAM[/b][/url]
For General Magic there is: [url=http://www.magician.org/][b]IBM[/b][/url]

Knowing there are so many other smaller conventions, with a few in January, this Capital Convention should be successful, just because I have seen or know these persons as friends and they are great lectures. Hopefully no snow!

Arthur Stead's music is the best. I own most of his work!

Barry Mitchell, is so unique and his story telling is tops, not to mention his products are worthy of purchase!

Tim Sonefelt and his silk products as well as story telling routines are also worth consideration.

Go to the rest room before you see Chris Capehart. You will laugh so much!

If it's Marketing you desire or want more business, then Jim Snack and Julian Franklin are gurus in this area.

Mark Wade is THE MAN for learning ventriloquism!

Dennis
Dennis it is good to see you posting again in the litle darlings section, I have learned so much from you and a few others here at the Café. You have been missed my friend.

It is good to see a convention coming closer to home. I am excited to say I will be able to make it to DC for this one. and the lineup is outstanding. and January is perfect time of year
I haven't left. I still monitor the Café and don't want to repeat myself. Also I was going through some major health issues.

I've got my eye on the January event. I am cautious on new convention because I have been involved in numerous conventions and hundreds of seminars. I know the work and cost involved, and all the extras that are hidden costs.

There has been several attempts but nothing ever came about. I am watching the website and waiting to see the website filled out with details, instead of blank pages. This convention looks like a great one, however, many of the lectures are the ones at KIDabra this year. Since I will be at KIDabra, I will ask some questions on what the performers will be discussion. Right now it almost like a mini-KIDabra Convention.
Dennis,
Thank you for your compliments. You did mention a handful of conventions for all of the different types of entertainers. Yes, you could go to those and see lectures and material on your art form..... or you could come to Kapital Kidvention where they are all rolled up into one big convention.
You are right to wonder why some of the same people will be at Kaptial Kidvention that will be at Kidabra. The beauty of it is that those presenters will be presenting all new material at Kapital Kidvention. So, I say got to both Kapital Kidvention and Kidabra and get the best of both worlds! I know I am! Also, Kapital Kidvention will also have people who have never presented before at Kidabra, a bonus.

You are also correct about there being 2 blank pages at the web site. I am currently working on those now and preparing to put up a much more detailed schedule this week. But keep in mind, the Kidvention is still 7 months away.

I look forward to talking more with you and hearing any advice you can offer.

Louis Meyer
Kapital Kidvention
Thanks for responding, we were discussing this convention at our KIDabra Chapter Banquet tonight, Several members can't make the KIDabra International Conference, and wanted to know what I thought. I told them the line-up of lectures looks fantastic.

I'm even considering going. It's still a long way off. I just love those lecturers. It a possibility we may car pool down to this one.

I sure hope all goes well, since I am very familiar with how much time, energy, and costs go into running an event like this.
Kapital Kidvention would be blessed to have you and your friends. I look forward to seeing you all in August and hopefully again in January!

Louis Meyer
I may have to fly to New Jersey, just so I can ride in the van with Dennis and the other KIDabra Chapter 1 members. :)

- Donald
Hi dennis I hope you can make it in january Ill be there and I wont be the producer so I can enjoy this one a little more.
Mike
Ill bring my MPL in the back of the car. :)
Oh Mike, now that is really tempting! What a tease!

Our Chapter's next meeting is the 4th Monday in Sept where we discuss, or demo the things we bought at KIDabra. I will mention the concept for our January meeting to car pool down to this convention. Who knows how many will be arriving. Saving $20 a month from Sept-Jan will make the registration expense seem like $20.

Who knows, like our local SAM, M.A.E.S., KIDabra Conference, and Bob Little's Super Sunday, I may even get involved with my spotlight, sound system, and/or projection system.

Dennis
More News!! Just added Steve Kissell as the Emcee for the Kapital Kidvention!

Louis Meyer
Man louis!

How can I get in there an work?LOL
Ken,

JR and I are planning a serious after-hours party that will involve lots of drinking, naked women, and hopefully a fist-fight or two. It is a secret so don't tell anyone... especially Louis because he is trying to make this a respectable convention. But we're assuming you will bring the drinks and the naked women.

James
OK, everyone the schedule for Kapital Kidvention is up! Check it out.

Julian Franklin is presenting 2 great lectures, one of them is brand new! Go check out the schedule.

If you like to face paint or do balloons Kapital Kidvention will be fun for you. Even if you just want to learn how to paint or balloon art there will be classes for you. Check it out.

Louis Meyer

Louis Meyer
Now announcing, Brad Ross is doing a late night lecture on improving your business! We are very excited to add this in, Brad always does a great job.

Louis
As a member of Kidabra International and a Charter Member of Kidabra Chapter 1, it is nice to see a convention of this type being held on the East Coast. I wish them all the luck in the world.
Thank you Peter! We would love to have you in DC!

Louis
This is shaping up to be quite an event!!! I'm thrilled this is going to be in the DC area, which should be able to gather people from across the South, Mid Atlantic, and even the Northeast.
Hi James Im bringing the Dancers pole for the party!
Opps I almost let louis hear me talking about The after party:P Looking forward to seeing you here.
Kapital Kidvention announcement: Greg McMahan will be doing a pre-convention workshop! He will be teaching at least 3 different topics:
1.How to entertain an audience with a bag of balloons
2.Making Money with Magic Classes
3.Make spring puppets work for you
Just announced here before it is even on the web site. Details on the site soon.

Louis Meyer
Remember that the early bird rate ($99) for Kapital Kidvention ends in August. Thanks.

Louis Meyer
Louis,

I just signed me and my wife up for Kapital Kidvention. We just love how you have it arranged so that my wife can go to her face painting lectures and I can go to magic lectures at the same time.

Just a couple of comments:

The pre-convention workshop price of $75 seems a little high considering the 3 day convention is only $99. It is unlikely we will attend this.

The week in January you’ve selected happens to be Catholic Schools week. I am usually booked solid with these schools running special activities for their kids. You may want to think about the next year. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has this concern.

Great Job Louis. We are looking forward to this.
Ken,

Thank you so much for registering! You will be getting the registration email shortly. I was hoping there would be couples like you and your wife that can come together and take the different classes.

Now, the $99 convention fee is very low on purpose. I am hoping to get as many people to come and then let the word spread about how much fun they had at the Kidvention so that is why I priced it so low. Most conventions would charge about $200 or more.

The teachers for the Pre-Convention classes will get paid by how many people attend, that is why it is priced at the going rate for that type of 5 hour Workshop. So that price is fair but compared to the Kidvention rate it just seems high. I hope that makes sense.

No, I did not know that was Catholic Schools week, as a matter of fact I have been getting so many comments from people saying that it was great because it is a slow week from them. I will definitely keep that in mind for next year and try to work around that.

I look forward to meeting you and will see you in January!

Louis Meyer
The ad for Kapital Kidvention is in the August Magic Magazine, check it out!

Louis Meyer
[quote]
On 2009-07-23 18:53, rookrulz wrote:
No, I did not know that was Catholic Schools week, as a matter of fact I have been getting so many comments from people saying that it was great because it is a slow week from them. I will definitely keep that in mind for next year and try to work around that.
[/quote]

At first I thought it was great timing too, then I remembered about Catholic Schools week. It really is a big deal and almost caused me not to register. I’m just being honest with you. You’re doing a great job and wish you the best.
OK, the countdown is on for Early Bird registration!! Up till August 31st the cost is only $99 to register for Kapital Kidvention. You can't beat that for 3 action packed days of magic.

Louis Meyer
Harry Allen of Daytona Magic will be giving a lecture on Comedy AND will be a dealer at Kapital Kidvention!!!

Louis Meyer
Only about 10 more days left to get into Kapital Kidvention at the Early Bird rate!!!! All you children's entertainers go check it out.

Louis Meyer
Only 7 days left to sign up at the Early Bird rate!!!!

Louis Meyer
Hello friends, I just wanted to let you know that the Early Bird rate of just $99 is ending August 31st. If you are coming and want to save a little money go to the web site and sign up. Thanks.

Louis Meyer
http://www.Kapitalkidvention.com
Just signed up.. looking forward to it.

I thought about getting a dealer table, but after seeing the talent that is booked, I want to spend my time in the shows and lectures!!!!

So for this convention I am leaving the magic goods at home and coming to enjoy the opportunity to see the great talent!!!
Well the Early Bird registration ended a couple days ago, whew. Kapital Kidvention has 85 people registered. The conference space can only hold about 140, with 5 more months to go this will sell out for sure. If you are thinking about coming try to get in early rather than later.

Louis Meyer
http://www.kapitalkidvention.com
Hello fellow magicians! Just a note to let you know that Kapital Kidvention only has 50 seats left. If you are thinking about coming please sign up sooner than later because it will sell out. Thanks.

Louis Meyer
Late Night Session Lecture
Brad Ross- The Grass is Greener on MY Side
Join International Star Illusionist & Cutting Edge Marketer, Brad Ross for an in depth look into your business and life as an entrepreneurial entertainer. Ross will share insider information to transform you from a simple goal SETTER to a superstar goal DOER. This presentation is guaranteed to get you fired up, motivated and ready to take massive action: the Secret to Success. A NOT TO BE MISSED late night lecture!
Jolly Roger's class at Kapital Kidvention:
World famous children’s entertainer, Jolly Roger, will inspire you to think out of the box, and add a new and powerful option for your birthday party clients. Your birthday party business will rise to new, exciting, and lucrative levels with the 2-hour party package.

Chris Capehart's Lecture at Kapital Kidvention - The Family, Street and Performance Lecture: Making Chris’ performance style for family and street magic work for you.
Mark Wade - Master Class on Kidshow Ventriloquism
This class will be a brief "how to," but will also give the attendees some really good ideas about how to select puppets, material, and even themes for kidshows. Mark will touch on schools, libraries, and give ideas he uses for audience management, which is a key to doing shows for children.

James Munton - From Zero to Booked Solid in Just 30 Days!
You will receive a detailed, easy-to-follow, daily action plan that explains step-by-step how you too can rapidly increase your bookings. James will show how spending just one hour a day on marketing your business will snowball into an explosion of new bookings! You will receive a detailed, easy-to-follow, daily action plan that explains step-by-step how you too can enjoy an explosion of new bookings! To be successful, you also need a great show and James will teach some killer routines that kids (and adults) love!

Learn more about Kapital Kidvention tomorrow night! Introducing the first tele-conference for Kapital Kidvention. On the call will be Julian Franklin, Tim Sonefelt, Arthur Stead, and others.

Details:
=========================================
EVENT: Kapital Kidvention Sneak Peek Call

DATE & TIME: Tuesday, November 10th at 9:00pm EST

FORMAT: Simulcast! (Attend via Phone or Webcast
-- it's your choice)

TO ATTEND THIS EVENT, CLICK THIS LINK NOW...
http://instantTeleseminar.com/?eventid=9906906
Less than 30 slots still open. If you want to attend please sign up ASAP because Kapital Kidvention will sell out! See you in January

Louis Meyer
Hello again. We are less than 2 months away from the very FIRST Kapital Kidvention! We will sell out for sure and now is the time to get your registration in. This year we will feature brand new, first time, presenters and some presenters that you already know and love.
Don't miss out on what people will be talking about for the next year to come!

Louis Meyer
I am excited about attending this magic convention. Kapital Kidvention is close to home for me and I hope it is a big success! I look forward to honing my craft and increasing my bookings with all the great talent they have scheduled.
I know some people might think it is a duplicate of Kidabra, but there is room for more than one Kid convention. It will save me and other local magicians money in travel expenses and time spent traveling. I want to thank Louis Meyer for starting this First Kapital Kidvention.

Mike
Kaptial Kidvention has three tracks, one for magicians, one for clowns, and one for face painters, and you can mix and match them. This is similar to Steve Kissel's conventions and Marty Martini's Funarama. KIDabra is focused Kid and Family show magic, but occasionally there are topics which would be of interest to clowns.

From the schedule, it appears to be a great convention for the Magician who wants to focus on Marketing, and very little on Magic (Tim and Barry) (About 8 topics related to improving your shows through marketing and games.) It seems to be a marketer's delight for magicians from the descriptions. KIDabra's pre-conference Biz-Builders does this.

There has been mentioned several times that Kaptial Kidvention and KIDabra are the similar. Other than many of the presenters have been at KIDabra, that is the only similarity, with the exception, KIDabra's Biz Builders/Marketing preconference events.

I'm sure Louis Meyer's doesn't want to give the impression this is a duplication of the KIDabra Conference. He would be the first to tell you it is not. I wish him the best.
Thanks Dennis, I hope you can come! This WILL be a convention that is different from Kidabra. I hope that Kidabra and Kapital Kidvention can compliment each other.

Louis Meyer
Don't forget everyone that Kapital Kidvention is going WEST next year! There will be 2 Kidventions in 2011! One in Washington DC and the other in Los Angeles in January 2011. This is to help out the entertainers on the West Coast to go to a convention for children's entertainers.

Louis
Sorry Louis, can't make it because KIDabra Chapter #1 sponsoring the local KIDabra One-Day Conference here in NJ on Jan 31st, a couple of days after your KIDvention. Barry and Tim will be doing a different lectures for us. We are only focusing on Birthday Parties, Educational Shows, and Daycare shows that day.

As you know getting ready for a convention/conference is almost like a full time job when it gets nearer to that event.

Dennis Michael
http://www.KIDabra.org
Hello friends! It is less than one month to Kapital Kidvention! We still have seats available if you have not signed up to come the the First Annual Kidvention for Children's Entertainers in Washington DC
The official cut off date for registration to Kapital Kidvention is January 20th. There are only a handful of seats left!
I am working on the last details for Kapital Kidvention. The first annual convention for children's entertainers is less than a month away! We only have about 20 seats left if you have not registered yet. Come hang out with us in our nation's capital.
Only 18 seats left for Kapital Kidvention! I hope to see you there. If you have not signed up please do so ASAP because once the 18 seats go there are NO MORE.

Louis Meyer
Only 11 seats left.
WOW, only 3 seats left available for Kapital Kidvention! Sign up quickly so that you don't miss out. http://www.kapitalkidvention.com
SOLD OUT! We are no longer taking registrations for Kapital Kidvention. The first year ever has sold out and I look forward to meeting all of you who are coming. If you wish to be added to the Wait List please contact me. There will be a DVD set available for those of you who couldn't make it after the Kidvention is over. http://www.kapitalkidvention.com
Hey Louis,

That's fabulous! Can't wait! I'm really looking forward to the first Kapital Kidvention.

See you in a couple of weeks!

Arthur Stead
http://www.arthurstead.com
Thanks to everyone who came to Kapital Kidvention! We had a sell out and a grand success. I look forward to getting back to work on Year 2 in Washington DC AND Los Angeles. See you soon!

Louis Meyer
Louis,

Thanks so much! Great job! I had a great time and am looking forward to next year's event!

Sincerely,
David
Here is a highlight video from Kapital Kidvention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCKUvkrYhBQ

See you next year!

Louis Meyer
The DVDs are finally ready! If you missed Kidvention here is your chance to see what happened and why it was Sold Out.

http://www.kapitalkidvention.com/dvds.html

Louis Meyer
[quote]
On 2010-03-11 09:43, rookrulz wrote:
The DVDs are finally ready! If you missed Kidvention here is your chance to see what happened and why it was Sold Out.

http://www.kapitalkidvention.com/dvds.html

Louis Meyer
[/quote]

Has anybody actually received their DVDs? I ordered mine nearly a month ago and have received nothing. Emails are going unanswered.

Mark
Does anyone know how to contact Louis Meyer? He's not replying on the kidvention email address or his childtimemagic email address.

Thanks

Mark
He's got in touch.

Mark
Hello everyone! I am looking forward to making all of the news about the upcoming Kapital Kidvention in DC and in Los Angeles here. Keep in eye on this topic

Louis