(Close Window)
Topic: So I went to a wedding today
A catholic wedding... In a church.

I am truly appalled at the number of hooker shoes and "dresses" that didn't even extend to even mid-thigh. And people letting their children actually, literally, run around the entire ceremony. And the boys who weren't grabbed by the arm and told to tuck in their shirt and stop taking pictures of themselves. Or the fact that nobody shushed any of the idiots with the side conversations.
Sounds like an average wedding to me. One thing, don't you ever....EVER...say bad things about hooker shoes and dresses that don't even extend to mid thigh, they are good and pure and what makes America great.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jun 20, 2009 09:26PM)
Yes, yes it's amazing what the clergy have taken to wearing these days - but bringing their children into services seems a bit much don't you think?
I hope my daughter never marries the boy next door.
Thank god for pretentious people.
Tough crowd.

I sympathize, but I don't think I'd have used quite as strong language as you do. Yeah, I've seen clothing at weddings and funerals and clothing and behaviour at weddings that makes me cringe. Dunno if I'm getting old and stodgy or if it's the end of the world as we know it.

John

(But I must confess that shoes have never bothered me.)
Larry Flint once pointed out that god made women's private parts and so they must be OK.

Seriously though, I understand your concerns about unruly children, and I have seen the opposite happen too.

When I was young, I was expected to be the perfect gentleman. I wore a jacket and tie to events, and was not allowed to "be a boy". The end result of this, especially if other children were around playing, is I sat there bored, angry and getting grumpy. A grumpy kid will make his parents pay for it, whether he means to or not. I don't know that there is a happy medium here, other than hiring a magician to entertain the kids in the other room or something.
Real quick story about my reception. After the wedding, which my wife was almost electricuted (it was oddly beautiful the way her dress lit up when she stepped on that broken plug socket), we headed to the hall, it was about 104 degrees outside. We pull up in time to watch the paramedics pull my mother in law out who threw herself down a flight of stairs for attention, she later sued me. My wifes friends, a pack of puritans, didn't try to mix with my guests, mostly bikers, with one exception, a biker who had been 'biblical' with one of the puritan girls when she was on a non puritanical night out a couple years earlier. I got drunk, I had quit drinking some time before, and ignored the passed out people as I left for the hotel. I went to the bar with my wifes friends husband, a drunk, and had people pour tequila into me until my face was numb. I went upstairs to the room, and projectile vomited on my wife, the TV, the walls, the floors, the bathroom, you name it. I then barackaded myself in the bedroom and my wife slept on the couch. But, no one had on hooker shoes *** it.
MagicSanta, quite the story! Oh and about the church and the clothes and the unruly children, well I was taught to always behave as a child---always but now most parents do not hold their little demons UM I mean children accountable for anything so that's the 1st breakdown there, the parents. On the other hand, I think the church is happy to just have people in it these days so dress and behavior in a non issue unlike in my youth. Would insert a funny joke here about the church and priest but may "offend" a bit of people here so wont.
Ya know, we always behaved as children because we were terrified of what our father would do to us if we didn't. The thing was my father, a typical Brooklyn guy, never in his life raised a hand to us. We just were convinced he would because he looked and sounded like Carol Oconner the actor and he scared us. My grandfather was mean as hell though.

Hey, as for the wife being electricuted she lit up like a Christmas tree angel and had a burn mark up from her shoe to the back of her knee. It was really pretty but the photographer missed the shot.
I saw an outdoor wedding where some punk left his baseball hat on the entire time.
Funniest wedding thing I saw: I was at some amusement park in Gilroy, Ca, kind of a tree themed place, and there was a wedding. We were not a part of the wedding but we walked by it and there was this little kid with spiked hair in a tux and he was eye balling a mud puddle, he just stared at this puddle then like a shot he took off and jumped in it! Ruined that tux...his mom said "good thing we got the insurance".

Worse wedding other than my own: A coworker, a lovely young woman, was getting married on the rebound to a scumbag. The scumbags parents showed up drunk for the ceremony (the father looked just like the guy who played Carla's husband on Cheers, I mean dead ringer) and disrupted it. That was the best part of the day. We go to some lodge in Los Gatos for the reception and the grooms family progressed to get drunker. The lovely young bride walks around thanking everyone for coming and the groom followed threatening every guy she spoke to. During dancing the grooms father attempted to spin the brides mother tossing her onto a table. The best man, a classy guy like the groom, said in his toast in front of the parents, grandparents, etc. of the bride "And he says she gives the best ***** he's ever had, and he gets a lot of chicks". At this point most of the brides family and friends had headed for the exit having had enough, the grooms family and friends got drunker. The end of the reception comes and we hear a noise, the groomsmen are beating up the elderly woman who was tending bar for cutting them off. We pull them off and decide to leave ourselves before it gets worse. The police show up as we are leaving and we are talking to them and there is more noise and we look over and the photographer is being beat up and his head pounded against a car door. The police call for back up and arrest a bunch of people and that is it. About three people sued the reception hall, what a mess. It should be noted the marriage lasted a grand total of six weeks. The final straw was when she asked him to stop going out drinking and he started drinking at home and wanted her to dance topless for his friends. She was a complete doll, too bad.
Sing it, brother :)

They say for every boy and girl,
There's just one love in this old world,
And I, I kn-ow, I, I, I've found mine.
The heavenly touch of your embrace,
Tells me no one will take your place,
A, A, A, A, ever in my heart.

Chorus:
Young love, first love,
Filled with true devotion,
Young love, our love,
We share with deep emotion.

Just one kiss from your sweet lips,
Will tell me that your love is real,
And I, I, I can fe-el that it's true.
We will vow to one another,
There will never be another,
Lo-ve for you, or for me.

Chorus:
Young love, first love,
Filled with true devotion,
Young love, our love,
We share with deep emotion.
I love it santa
Dang, Santa... Those are some wild times. I worked with a guy for a day who also did security on the side. He told some stories, none of them THAT bad. I take my hat off to you, Sir.

And to some people, yes, I am horrible for expecting people to dress respectfully, shut up for five seconds, and for them to control their children. BAD BOYNEXTDOOR!

I was actually surprised none of the women had a scarf or hat or anything.
The girl in my story left California and went to the Universiy of Arkansas and returned to San Jose with a degree, some maturity, and still smokin' hot. She got a good job with a high tech firm, got knocked up by the VP, he got fired and I lost track of her.

Oh, best part. After she got married that first time the apartment they moved into was right next door to the guy she was rebounding from and his new bride, who actually was better looking that the girl I knew. So not only did she have to deal with her hubby drinking and fighting and abusing her it was all heard by the guy she left the fellow for.
Wow...
I take it back. For some reason I thought you were Critter but I see you are in Lancaster where women are put into sheds when they are 'unclean' and you all ride around in horse buggies. I am sensative to your feelings.
Some priests are good some are bad and some are "Characters" the priest in this case was a bad priest letting all this go on during a holy sacrament. I have an uncle who is a priest he knew a priest awhile ago that was called a "character" by other priests of the diocese because he wore a roman cassock http://rhodeislandaltars.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/blk_cassock.jpg and carried a gun for protection.
[quote]
On 2009-06-20 22:23, MagicSanta wrote:
don't you ever....EVER...say bad things about hooker shoes and dresses that don't even extend to mid thigh, they are good and pure and what makes America great.
[/quote]

Yeah, but on ten-year-olds?
I can't say I've seen them on a ten year old. Speaking of hooker shoes I ran into a limo full of the Bunny Ranch girls at the drug store. It was great, they not only were very lovely but they looked like hookers were suppose to. Their body guard looked like he should too, long blond hair, trench coat, stood about 6'6".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8