(Close Window)
Topic: Lavalier mics - cardioid vs omni-directional
I am planning to purchase a sennheiser ew 112 or ew 122 wireless lavalier microphone, and was wondering what is the difference and which would be better (this is just for speaking during shows). Thanks -

Bill

PS - This is also posted in FX, but I figured I might as well post here as well, as a lot of the people here don't visit the FX topic.
I changed my search parameters and found several topics. Thanks -

Bill
I much preferr a headset mic. you can get more volume before feedback!
[quote]
On 2009-06-21 18:34, ColinDymond wrote:
I much preferr a headset mic. you can get more volume before feedback!
[/quote]
Not all headsets will work well for reducing feedback. I have a Gemini headset and it's a cardoid mike. Omni-directional headsets seem to have more problems with feedback, if the speaker placement isn't great.
I guess I'm more old school. As someone who likes to talk to his volunteers on stage, I find it more convenient to use a wireless stick with a simple neck holder. I can slip the mike in and out of the holder quickly and without a hassle and then move it back and forth when I speak with the volunteer. When it is just for me, back into the holder and voila, works great.

Headsets would be great for vents or jugglers, but for magicians, I still prefer the stick.
I dunno - I'm a vent and I still prefer a hand mic
[quote]
On 2009-06-23 09:24, kimmo wrote:
I dunno - I'm a vent and I still prefer a hand mic[/quote]

[img]http://magicboxcapers.com/microphone/microphone01.jpg[/img]

Kimmo
Is this the sort of mic and holder you prefer? ;) :) (sorry John but I couldn't resist this private gag)

John
Hi John - yes that's it!!! Especially if the lead is just not quite long enough to reach my furthest trunk!