(Close Window)
Topic: HandzUp vs Yoshino Third hand Gimmick
Hi

I'm looking for an easy-to-use and realistic third hand gimmick, but not too expensive.
Will the Yoshino Third Hand do what HandzUp can?
I know that HandzUp is collapsible, is the same true for Yoshino? Can it be easily transported on your person without being bulky?
I saw HandzUp at Hottrix.com and was impressed with the different uses. I tried a search here but didn't find much except talk about coloring. Any advice?

Jo
I have the Yoshino. It is not collapsible. It is also a bit small in appearance for a man. I would rather have the Hottrix HandzUp.
Handz Up, with no doubt. It's collapsible and can also be worn on your hand. The other can't. It's also the most realistic. It even has fingerprints and other details.

:napping:
That sells it then! Thanks guys.

Jo :crazydude:
I've got to HAND it to them ! :rotf:
I just got my Hottrix HandzUp. It is great.
I really want a false hand for the left hand. Nearly all false hand gimmicks are of the right hand. :(

The HandzUp looks great and is perfect as it is hollow too.
It's Handz Up, hands down!
Boom boom Cha! :righton:
Hottrix HandzUp and thumb tip are the best devices of their kind. The problem with Handzup is that it's a bit risky for close-up situations
So the next step in prosthetics is to make them smell, feel, and move like a living thing? Well I bet there's a market even for that.
All in favor of the Hottrix HandzUp, raise one of your hands..PLEASE!!!
Yoshino Third hand Gimmick has a nice feature of independently moving the fingers one at a time. It also has a "holder" on it's palm that helps hold it to the "cover" item. Handzup has neither of these two features, BUT Handzup looks slightly more real to my hand than the other. Hope this helps. :applause:
Just go for Handzuup, it can be compressed very small, looks very realistic, is very easy to use and can be combines with a magnet for easier attachment or effect. :righton:
Where can I find it?
You can find it very easily on internet:
Directly from hottrix to http://www.hottrix.com
or in e-magic shops (penguinmagic and magicproshop are good ones) I have already bought from them.
If anyone wants to trade their handz-up, please PM me!
I need a left hand. Anyone know where?
Um, look at the bottom of you left arm :wavey: :rotf:
Angelo, did you try sending Hottrix an email? Maybe they do produce some left hand ones.

Lewis, that was a good one. You cracked me up.

:rotf:
Hottrix does not produce a left hand but they say that it can be worn in the left hand. They can give your money back if you think it's not good to use in the right hand. Just send them a mail if you're interested.
I got a couple of questions here: Is the gimmick good for close-up? Also, would the hand be too big for a girl? :)
Please do not use it for close-up. Yes it would proabably be too big for most girls, plus the fingers look masculine.
This is an old thread I know, but I would like to draw attention to the 3rd hand gimmicks produced by Argentina's Quique Marduk.

The hand is male sized and available in either LEFT or RIGHT hands.

The hand has a good grip, good colour, is made from a semi hard plastic (like a baby doll) - in fact the older models smell wonderful because the plastic is scented to make the dolls!! :))
We got rid of our Hands Up gimmick because a), it wouldn't stay on the pad, and b), it didn't look anything like my wife's hand - size or more importantly color.

So the question is how to change the color of a new/different version...
I have the Yoshino and my skin is fair colored. I mixed brown, white and red acrylic paint in varying portions to get my color very close. Use a 1/2 inch soft brush to mix the paint and to paint the hand. Start off with quarter coin size blobs of paint and take a little at a time to get your shade.