(Close Window)
Topic: Bob Kohler Magic is Back!!!
I see that Bob Kohler has his NEW site up and running. There are some killer effects - the one I thought was great was the Wenger Spirit Bell. You have to look at the video to appreciate it. Also, if you subscribe to the newsletter you get a free trick by Jack Birnman.

Once again Bob has put out nothing but top quality!!

You can get to it by going to https://www.bobkohlermagic.com
It's been a wild year but finally after working our fingers to the bone our new website store is open for business!

We've got a new look and a ton of user friendly functionality. The site and the ordering processes are now all completely automated so customers will receive instant e-mail updates at each stage as we process your orders.

So many of our customer have changed e-mail addresses that if you want to stay on top of what we're doing you should go to the site and either sign up for our Newsletter or open a free account. As a way of saying Thank You you'll instantly receive a free unpublished routine from my archives. Several times a year I'll be going through the unpublished material and sending our customers more free routines.

This is the "soft" Grand Opening. By the end of summer the site will have many more new products. You won't believe some of the new items in our pipeline. There will also be a new cutting edge streaming video library.

In the past our store only carried products manufactured by Bob Kohler Magic. This will soon no longer be the case. Our store will carry many items that I feel are incredible, note-worthy products you should be aware of.

When you go to the site at: http://www.bobkohlermagic.com check out the "
sale" items. Many are deeply discounted and the shipping on all of the sale items is FREE!

Also check out the "New" items. I've created a new coin purse that keeps your beautiful silver gaffs from tarnishing!

Check out the site often. Changes from this point on will be coming much faster. You'll be seeing in the near future new releases from yours truly, Scott Alexander, Puck, Apollo and many more!
I've just tried to download some instant videos but that part of the site isn't working.
Bob, congratulations on all the hard work paying off. The site looks great!
The free unpublished routine you get when signing up for the newsletter would fool most magicians. I got out my cards and it fooled me doing it. And...it's funny. Perfect lay person smoker/entertainer!
Bob I agree with everyone else the web site looks great. Now I need to place an order to see how the ordering process works(LOL). thanks
I am a Big BK fan, great guy, great magic.

time to go shopping !

congrats Bobby !
Andrew Gerard
Didn't see Ultimate 3 Fly 2 anywhere.. ;)
Everyone beg him to someday release his Cylinder & Coins routine!!!!!!!!!
Bob the new site is fantastic! I have noticed a few small typos in some product descriptions fyi.
Hey Bob,
I love your new website and am very impressed with the new Wenger Spirit Bell.
I think the test conditions of the Spirit Bell props are fantastic!
It really seems to be the perfect Spirit Bell effect.
I will be sure to place my order as soon as possible.
Glad to see all is up and running.
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Chance, great picture of you with Uncle Bill. I really miss him. Next time we're together remind me to tell you a priceless McComb story!

Andrew, I thought I was coming to Vancouver this summer but we've had to cancel the trip. So I'll see you in Vegas!

We're still fine tuning the site so if you find any errors send them to us and we'll get them fixed.

There are lots of plans for releasing some really great routines, moves, interview and much more.

I'm going to be 60 in January. I don't covet my material as much any more so the chance of me releasing my actual working repertoire is pretty high. So items like the Cylinder & Coins and many other of my pet routines will eventually get published. I don't want to make the mistake of waiting too long before I can't do them justice to get them shot.

Ultimate 3 Fly news will happen this summer. That's all I can say right now.

Last year I needed a break from magic. So I spent the year working on other projects outside of magic.
But now we're cranking it up again and I promise you're all in for some nice surprises.
Can't wait!
Or release your Rising cards?
I got to see the rising cards and cylinder and coins twice at a Cape Cod Conclave one year--the highlight of the convention for me.

All of Bob's material is tops in my book. Can't wait to see what is in the future. I just regret that I had to give up my FK Holdout system, but family health to precedent.

Nice job on the site Bob!

Paul h.
The free trick for registering is great.

Bob really understands how to harness the power of the web and social media to do business. Rather than try and sell immediately he gives you something of value for signing up. That's how to build relationships and grow business in this new digital age.

Well done Bob, you're showing others how it should be done.

Those dealers who come on this forum just to tell us about their latest release (you know who you are) take note!
[quote]
On 2009-06-28 02:54, Bob Kohler wrote:
Chance, great picture of you with Uncle Bill. I really miss him. Next time we're together remind me to tell you a priceless McComb story!

Andrew, I thought I was coming to Vancouver this summer but we've had to cancel the trip. So I'll see you in Vegas!

We're still fine tuning the site so if you find any errors send them to us and we'll get them fixed.

There are lots of plans for releasing some really great routines, moves, interview and much more.

I'm going to be 60 in January. I don't covet my material as much any more so the chance of me releasing my actual working repertoire is pretty high. So items like the Cylinder & Coins and many other of my pet routines will eventually get published. I don't want to make the mistake of waiting too long before I can't do them justice to get them shot.

Last year I needed a break from magic. So I spent the year working on other projects outside of magic.
But now we're cranking it up again and I promise you're all in for some nice surprises.
[/quote]

Know how you feel about turning 60. I turn 60 next February. =:-o

I also hope you consider releasing the rising card.

Congratulations on the new web site.

Robert
Many folks don't release that Bob Kohler is and has been one of the world's top sleight of hand artists and has had routines that are legendary. To have begin to release his private, pet routines is going to be a blessing to magicians.

I believe Aces In Their Faces was not going to be released, but Bob got tipped off that an unscrupulous party was going to swipe his routine and release it. Bob beat them to the punch and that worked out for us.
CK said it as best you can, BK is a legend! Everything he does looks like it is effortless and impossible!

Looking forward to more great things from BK!

Paul
[quote]
On 2009-06-28 10:33, Robert M wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-06-28 02:54, Bob Kohler wrote:

[/quote]

Know how you feel about turning 60. I turn 60 next February. =:-o

I also hope you consider releasing the rising card.

Congratulations on the new web site.

Robert
[/quote]

Bob

I am turning 66 in December and would love to learn your version of the cylinder and coins, so please hurry up and publish it. I don't have that much time...lol.
So the Magic Café is the heart of the "Baby Boomer Nation." There are a lot of us hitting the big 60.

I love the classics. To me the Cylinder & Coins is a must learn routine much like the Cups & Balls. There are so many incredible magic lessons learning the routine will teach you. For some these lessons are hurdles but for me it was pure joy fighting through the mechanics, the timing, the misdirection. The lesson on Ramsay's vanish and his misdirection for the vanish alone is easily worth the time, effort and expense to get the Farelli book.

I had the good fortune from learning about Ramsay and the Cylinder from my great friend Tim Conover. We met in 1894 and instantly bonded. When we met we decided to do some trading. Tim taught me the original version from the Victor Farelli book.

The routine has long been considered the test piece for coinmen. Ramsay's handling is really difficult. Consider this: the performer has to convincingly vanish 4 silver dollars. The coins never leave your hands and the audience has to be convinced they are gone. Add in the fact that you have to vanish the coins silently!

It took me one full year to be able to perform the routine in front of people. This was to get the routine up to speed. It took several more years to discover there correct presentation for me to get the audience to care, react strongly to the routine and remember it for a long time.

I've never stopped doing the routine. I love it. Over the years I've made many adjustments. But I really think that if you're going to do the routine you really have to live with Ramsay's original version before you make any changes to the routine. It's sort of the rite of passage.

Here's the bad news. I won't publish the routine until Tim Conover either publishes his routine or gives me his blessing as there are still after all these years parts of his handling and touches that are Tim's.

I've got at least four major routines for the Cylinder. I think Tim has even more.
Maybe one day we'll put it all out. I really have no idea when.

The Rising Cards will not come out for a long time. This is the one routine I'll keep until I actually retire completely from performing. Maybe then, but just maybe.
Bob Kohler said: "...we met in 1894"

Darn, you ARE old! lol

I'm glad you're going to keep your rising cards to yourself. Sort of like Kenner's mystical last coin vanish that has become legendary. These sorts of things add to the mystery and power of magic.

All the best,

MJ
REFRESHING words from BK.

As much as I would like to see his work, I respect him more for holding it back! Life is better suited with a little mystery left in it in the age of information!

Kudos,

paul H.
1894, it was a previous life. Apparently in that life I had Dyslexia and my typing skills were suspect!
Hi Bob
Hi John,
Thanks to everyone for the huge response to the new site.

For those who signed up for the newsletter and free trick our site sends out a confirmation email that you need to click on to get the free Jack Birnman trick. So in case you missed this email you can search your emails for "no-reply" or "bobkohlermagic.com". There's always a chance that the email ended up in a folder for spam or junk mail.

Check it out. This trick is great, it's almost self-working and has a funny, interesting plot.

Bob
That's a great "almost" self-working card trick. Bob, do you know where I can get the video of Jack Birnman at FFFF?
Great trick thanks Bob
Superb new site!
Any chance you will be putting out Spill's Blood from Stone or Himber Ring routine soon?
I second mumford's question..."Any chance you will be putting out Spill's Blood from Stone or Himber Ring routine soon?"

Thanks,

Nick
And bring back Spill's Eye-Popper.
Due to the current state of magic "manufacturers" like "Magic Takers" I've decided to simply not talk about what's coming out, plans or ideas any longer.

I know it's a pain in the A** and takes a lot of fun out of life but if you only knew how much time I actually spend keeping our products from being swiped you'd feel the same way.

I love working with Steve. He's a great friend and a creative genius. That's all I can say.

BK
Haha, you just took a lot of fun out my life.

Nick
Nick I'm sure we can replace the fun...
Bob could you at least tell us how soon we might expect your next new release?
Can you tell us IF there will be any more Steve Spill releases?
Bob's site has a summer sale plus you get free shipping on all sale items ( includes international orders )

https://www.bobkohlermagic.com/on-sale.cfm
The sale will end soon...don't delay!
I am liking the new site! Thanks Bob!
The new site is only going to get better as we ad more new features for our customers. Check back often.
[quote]
On 2009-06-27 21:41, Paul h. wrote:
Everyone beg him to someday release his Cylinder & Coins routine!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I've been begging for years. No luck...