(Close Window)
Topic: Milson-Worth workshop
13 years ago I had the opportunity to visit Lynn Johnson's workshop on San Fernando Rd in the San Fernando Valley area, north of Los Angeles. The street was all industrial with many warehouse-like buildings adorning the neighborhood. Lynn's shop was quite indiscreet, tucked away in these buildings with no signs to let the visitor know that this was the shop where so much great magic is built. You entered through a single door and immediately on the right was a high level bench where he did all the painting, you know, that famous M-W laquer finish; I guess having it next to the only entrance to the workshop provided adequate ventilation from the paint fumes. A few more steps and you entered a moderate sized room with a large center work table. The table and shelves on the wall were filled with tools and unfinished apparatus. I don't recall seeing any windows in the room and there wasn't any other exit than the one I entered. In retrospect, the place was hardly anything you would call "sophisticated" but there lies the skill of a true craftsman.

Lynn is a tall soft spoken man but quite willing to show you around and discuss the fruit of his workmanship. I ended up calling him a few more times and arranged to meet him at the shop to talk, and of course, buy several of his now quite collectible magic.
George,
I hope to someday be privileged enough to meet Lynn and see his workshop. I am a HUGE fan of Milson Worth creations and am beginning to build my collection. It sounds like a great experience you had :) Thanks for sharing.
Chance Wolf