(Close Window)
Topic: Instant Interchange by Peter Nardi
I was at Peter's the other day about a week ago and somewhere between some chatting and some shopping he floored me with his Instant Interchange. I believe that the final product is not out yet but Peter was so kind that he let me have the gimmicks before the final release.
Brilliant... been playing with it for a bit and I am sure that everybody will love it.
Congrats Peter!!!

Bests,
Titanas
There is a video on youtube:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmibP1gIayY[/url]

Looks like a no brainer to me - i.e. a must have item.
I love the trailer score - perfect for a movie scene where saves the world with a packet trick ;)
This looks like another winner hey!

Simple but very effective, I love the finish, and the fact the cards can be given away or inspected straight away is what really makes this routine work.

Ben Williams
OK, when the release & how much we talkin here? I really like this!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jul 24, 2009 06:01AM)
I think this is aimed for release at Magic Live...at least, that is what he told me in the shop the other day. I was in London visiting my brother for the weekend, and on the way back, I decided to take a detour and go and see Peter at Alakazam, had some new stuff to show myself. I remember Peter sending me a demo to this about a year or so ago, maybe even longer than that. Just a quick clip he put together whilst they were shooting Ben Earls 'Past Midnight' DVDs I think. I was fooled by the clip, but had forgotten about it. Then when in the shop, Peter showed me this in person...wow! It looked so much better. He then showed me what happens to be one of the coolest collectors routines I have seen, sort of a Collectors tranpo effect, genious it was. Just brought a smile to my face. There was also a clever Dr Daleys Last trick effect that was just as baffling to watch, and though as a Magician and having seen the gaffs by this point now, still made me realise the possibilities with these gimmicks.

The first thing I told Peter about the Instant Interchange effect he uses the cards for, is that the routine is actually much MUCH easier than I first thought. I did say to Pete that I thought it needed to be done signed, but Peter proved me wrong saying it was just a Magicians thing...and it is. However, he does have a signed version as well!

I was fortunate to get a set of the cards, and I have hardly put them down since getting them. I am not sure what is on the DVD itself, but I am sure that closer to the release we will find out, but a very simple and practical effect.

I love the cards to pocket plot, and always thought really that the cards had to be signed, however, in the real world, if you were to do this effect signed, you would lose 8 cards from your deck every time! If the effect and method are clean enough, I really don't think they need to be signed in this plot. Highly recommended, and I will be getting more cards when available!
Just a heads up. The release date for Instant Interchange is 24/8/09 or 8/24/09 if you are in the states :)and is on our site for pre-order now!

Regards

Peter
Anyone have this yet for a quick review/opinion
I was luck enough to get one of the few Peter had for sale at Magic Live, and have been presenting several times "in the trenches" throughout this past week. Nothing but incredible reactions so far...people are blindsided by the first transpo...but after the second transpo, they don't even care how it's done... people tend to just start laughing/shouting explitives etc...

I now carry this with me all the time, when I'm wearing a jacket. A++

Now forget about this item and move on.

Keith Jozsef
Is this not available yet?

Thanks

Don
I believe we will have to wait for Mr. Nardi to come back to us?
His U.K. site states: On order.
His U.S.A. site still says: Pre-order.
(Btw, It's under: "iChange Project")

:)
Thanks sixten, Im on Long Island, close by..

Ordered from Hocus..they have a 30% birthday bash discount going..hopefully ok for this effect

I think says available September so should be soon

Loved the effect..clean and simple

Don
Howdy! 'Neighbor Don'.

Sixten :)
Thanks for taking the time to update me on this guys, it does sound like another Nardi winner.
Quick question,do you need to wear a jacket? I do love the effect.

Mike :)
Hi Guys
We totally sold out of iChange at Magic Live but I'm happy to say we now have these in stock ready to ship

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=12343&category_id=56&keyword=interchange&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=14&vmcchk=1&Itemid=14

Thank you all for your support!

Best Regards

Peter Nardi
This is a solid eye popping sequence which creates a very strong effect with minimal work. It is not push button magic but with just a little bit of effort and practise you will have a stunning version of the classic interchange plot in your repertoire. There is also lots more you can do with the gaff supplied..........

Best

John
We just got this in, so now it is available at the finest magic stores world wide. It is a really good trick too!
Ordered from Hocus but got a notice back ordered

Don
They just came in today to Hocus should have it soon to send it to you. Give it a couple days.
I got this in yesterday from Alakazam UK.

This is just great!

Peter outdid himself with the effect, and the props included look really good!

You are left clean so everything can be examined.

I will use this.

Very clear explanation on DVD as well like always from Alakazam.

Alex
It looks real good. But the question remains: do you really need a jacket?
Message: Posted by: TheTableTopTrixta (Sep 16, 2009 10:35AM)
Mine gets here tomoro, looking forward to this!
Thanks David

Don
No you don't really need a jacket

alex
Can't wait to check out this bad boy!
Just a few spare pockets, so a jacket helps in that regard but it is not a necessity.

Rob
This is very cool. The DVD is paked with additional idea's and effects. It's a very cool and clever trick. Excillent work Mr Nardi!

Jamie Daws
Are Kings and Aces the only cards that can be used? I could see this working as a demonstration of how a winning poker hand(say 4 Kings) can be surreptitiously introduced in place of a losing hand (random cards).

Thanks in advance for your help, guys.
Should get soon, was backordered from Hocus but I know they just got new shipment

Waiting!!!

Don
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm sure those of you that have it will use it!

Regards

Peter
Certainly looking forward to a review on how practical and clean this is. Most of the stuff put out by Nardi is very real world so I have great expectations about this
Message: Posted by: TheTableTopTrixta (Sep 22, 2009 02:29AM)
This effect is simply brilliant the final word in the card in pocket transpo!

This cards are great, I just love the display and spread of the aces!

The dvd is well shot as per normal Alakazam project, there are a number of different effects using the cards on the dvd!

This is ideal for walkaround, table hopping and went right away into my restaurant set, I used ichange at 4 gigs last week and it went down very well

very nice project, I remember Peter telling me about this project months ago and its clear that it is well thought out and there has been many many months of work gone into it.

props to all @ Alakazam

Nicely priced as well!

Regards

Ash Turner
Just out of curiosity, for those who own this how would you rate the difficulty level of this trick?
Still waiting for mine

Let's go Hocus

Don
Difficulty wise it's pretty straightforward. There is only two real moves in it from memory.

I've only watched the DVD through once, and from memory you might need a little space to reset. It will take but a moment, but I'd prefer to do it somewhere it wont be seen, and to make sure I get it right.

R
Got this earlier today and have been playing with it. Really love it.

I love the interchange plot and have worked on a few variations. There is a signed card version on the dvd but I don't think signing the cards is necessary as the displays are ridiculously fair looking. Plus you end totally clean.

The routine is easy to do although there are a couple of sleights you'll have to know. Nothing knuckle busting, though.

The other routine that I loved on the dvd is the Collectors routine. Great thinking, here!

The gaffs are very well made and the dvd is very clear. Have to say that this is highly recommended for those who love card to pocket routines.
I just saw they sell the refill too..so does it mean you need the new gimmick for each performance ?
Indomagic, simply no; refills you need only when your set is worn out because you've performed it hundreds of times which you will probably... it's that good. Jan
Jan..Thanks for your reply.
I just ordered this but wondered how self working it is and on a 1-5 differculty dgree (with 5 being hard) how differcult is it to perform? Thanks
It's not self working. But not hard, either (although that's relative, isn't it?). I think on a scale of 1 to 5, I'd give it a 2.
Like someone said above...there are literally only two moves used in the interchange routine. Both of which should be common to any magician.
Got this yesterday. A nice simple idea that could have many uses besides the ones taught on the DVD, although Peter gives you a barrage of effects on it.

The main effect using four pockets is a real winner, especially as you end so clean, all the cards are examinable at the end. If that's not enough, you also have a few tasty convincers before the conclusion of the trick.

A very worthwhile buy.

Just in the process of working out the main routine that uses other locations as well as a pocket or two. Himber wallet is one. Any other ideas for another?
[quote]
Just in the process of working out the main routine that uses other locations as well as a pocket or two. Himber wallet is one. Any other ideas for another?
[/quote]

The inside of your fly? =)
Yeah nice. I'll let you keep that groundbreaking idea to yourself :)

As I'm fairly new to this can anyone tell me the name of a box that you can put a card in, close it & when opened a different card is there?

Am I over complicating the routine do you think?
Here's my Instant Interchange variant.
It is not 100% identical to Instant Interchange of Peter Nardi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IEKjQ_I4D0

dj
Great trick and well worth the little effort required for the one move. I've been working on patter and practicing this effect for over a month to get a routine down. Not hard at all, but I always have a story for my effects. You won't go wrong with this one....very, very practical. On a scale from one to ten......I'd give it an 11. I love it! :bikes:
Not yet on alakazam website??? When will it be available???
[quote]On Nov 5, 2016, Fero wrote:
Not yet on alakazam website??? When will it be available??? [/quote]

Hi Fero,

You can pick iChange up here http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Peter-Nardis-iChange-Project.html We also give free worldwide shipping on this item.

I hope this helps

Peter Nardi
The display of the kings at the beginning isn't great, is there a way to improve it?
Thx peter I will soon place my order
This (in my opinion) is the best cards to pocket routine you can do. EXCELLENT!!!!!!
Does Ichange use an Elmsley Count? kinda looks like it in the demo